Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2008, 05:22 AM   #51 (permalink)
What? THIS IS MY GOOD CAR

The Japillac - '87 Honda Accord LXi Sedan
90 day: 31.77 mpg (US)

Ranchero GT - '73 Ford Ranchero GT

Spaz - '83 Chevy S10 4X4 Tahoe
90 day: 27.53 mpg (US)
Send a message via ICQ to justpassntime
Do race cars or speedboats have them? Nascar, F1, NHRA, to name a few.

Don't recall ever seeing any or an announcer making comment on them, and you know how NASCAR and NHRA guys like to talk.

If they did any good they would be used in race applications.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-22-2008, 05:39 AM   #52 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Vortex generators were banned from nascar as for boats? i know that they are used for underwater vehicles if you want to call that a boat............

Sorry if i opened a can of worms but i have stated my position and trust me i am flexuble prove me wrong and i will be the first to step up to the plate and admit that i may be wrong...............
Old 07-22-2008, 06:00 AM   #53 (permalink)

Not trying to prove anything one way or another. Just seems like there is lacking data except what is on the sites trying to sell something. Which makes most people skeptical.

Oh...if you really want to open a can of worms talk about HHO. LOL

Old 07-22-2008, 06:34 AM   #54 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Are we talking water here..............i drink water but iyt disagrees with my cars carburetion
Old 07-22-2008, 06:36 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crexcrex View Post
Are we talking water here..............i drink water but iyt disagrees with my cars carburetion
Hydrogen injection....

But don't talk about it, it's worse than VGs and religion!

Old 07-22-2008, 06:41 AM   #56 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

re airtabs............stick a few under the car as it will reduce air pressure under the car check out nascar................personally i do not want to buy anything as i prefer making my own mods then testing them if they are of no value they end up in the trash where many of my ideas are.................
I research and study anything re ecomodding and if it does not fit the ecomodding scene they are history............I certainly do not believe everything that i read and it had better be from excellent sources................
Old 07-22-2008, 06:48 AM   #57 (permalink)

crexcrex

Exactly!

Old 07-22-2008, 07:03 AM   #58 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Final push re vg's, i can't comment on any vehicle except the kamm back crx, i do know this why is the back glass rain free when without the vg's i needed to use the rear wipers which are now history....so technically i gained or better yet lost, lost a rear wiper and motor less drag and weight ask me if i am complaining for me the vg's work and i get a few k's to boot................results will vary if you are driving a semi or a cool v dub.......no grill blocking there but a skirt project if i ever saw one...........
Old 07-22-2008, 12:30 PM   #59 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by crexcrex View Post
re airtabs............stick a few under the car as it will reduce air pressure under the car check out nascar.........
Could you elaborate on this please?
Old 07-22-2008, 06:02 PM   #60 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

nascar bans vortex generators

Lets talk nascar of days when the dodge charger daytona and sunbird ruled the track. Nascar changed the rules as they did not like the idea of aerodynamic trickery, what they wanted was raw power and be damned with aerodynamics and banned hood vents, fender vents, vortex generators and undetrays..strangely enough it seems all off the goodies we want to try out and then argue over.

The placement of vortex generators were behind the air dam which lowered the air pressure underneath the vehicle, feel free and expeiment as to where they suit you car. Placement at the roofs edge is ideal for the kamm back not below the back glass.

One can run as many tests one pleases, the real test is not burning tanks of gas to find out if any eco friendly devices work, run the bloody car on empty!

Ten bucks and i try out the mods in my everyday driving tied in to hypermiling and ten bucks if you are a canuck equals 1.40 per liter and that folks is what i tank up on!

Tanking up is a waste why should i carry all of that excess gas around for free after all i just got burned at the pumps it seems that we get rid of everything inclusive of the proverbial kitchen sink and fail to recognize that gas has weight like 6 pounds per for liters and i for one will not give that gas a free ride...............

What i have learned from ecomodders is that many want instantaneous answers and instantaneous results, i can only reply by saying is that i research everything and anything which could mean days on the computer before i create any mods. If there is any doubts re mods research the subject and forget about prove it and where is the data. What good is data unless you dare to experiment.

I here tell that like hey i love them skirts cause they are so pretty, pretty isn't what i am looking for i want gas mileage energy to turn those wheels at the least inexpensive method, i will settle for ugly for that extra click and if it means an ugly gal friend so be it as i know that she will do her best to keep her man and a high end babe will bleed you dry like a jeep which is nothing more than a brick in the wind...........i know as i owned one to many gas sucking pigs and the only way that you could make them aerodynamic is to scrap them and hope that they would come back in the form of a eco friendly car.

I do thank the many that have opened my eyes and reminded me to research and research, if the mods failed they ended up in the trash. If i told you what i was and am getting per liter, the first thing that will come up is show me the data so why bother nor do i need accolades, sufficient to say i can drive down to the gal friends with gas to spare and yet i am running on empty.

Tuft testing? bah! humbug! the proof is how far can you go with a mod or the mods that make the car look like it is a clown car, you will snap a few necks from rubber neckers and a few laughs from guys who nothing about aerodynamics, i am choked by the general stupidity of street racers who think that i am out to set a land speed record and they peel off to the next gas station.
My rant for the day............

Reply  Post New Thread