Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > DIY / How-to
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2008, 02:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to Nden Send a message via Yahoo to Nden
VX lean burn

Has anybody done a write-up on this? i read some of another similar thread but not found a write up. Looking for how to tell if my VX ecu is CA emissions or 49state federal wich has lean-burn mode. Also how to convert my VX to the lean burn if its not already. my ecu code is P07-A01. Thanks hombres i'm off like a prom dress to ecology-wrecking yard

http://www.deantaber.com
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-26-2008, 08:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
I REFUSE!

VTEC Express - '96 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 57.72 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to thebrad
If you can't find it at ecology try car-part.com
It allows you to search participating wrecking yard's inventory of parts.
I can vouch for HAP in Rancho Cordova, CA - nice place.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

awesome possum! thanx. chea i lukked n me no see. Went 2 look 4 extra VSS cuz my speed needle is a lil jumpy-thinking it may be that.I disconnected & reconnected but same symptom with the speed.Maybe taking out the cluster and doing that with the speedo cable may work (fingers crossed). almost every motor/trans was gone in there LOL! good lookin out bradster

Old 04-28-2008, 11:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
That VX guy!

The VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Send a message via AIM to TomO Send a message via Yahoo to TomO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nden View Post
Looking for how to tell if my VX ecu is CA emissions or 49state federal wich has lean-burn mode. my ecu code is P07-A01. Thanks hombres
A01 is the federal emissions version of the P07. You have lean burn my friend.

Old 04-28-2008, 04:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Muchos Gracias TomO! So when I re-install a Z1 motor/egr/harness/ with this P07-ao1 ecu, do I need to do anything else? Thanks again and greatly appreciated.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomO View Post
A01 is the federal emissions version of the P07. You have lean burn my friend.
Is my CA 5wire oxygen sensor the reason I'm getting a 48 CEL code with the 49-state lean burn ecu ??

Old 06-05-2008, 03:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
That VX guy!

Quote:
Muchos Gracias TomO! So when I re-install a Z1 motor/egr/harness/ with this P07-ao1 ecu, do I need to do anything else? Thanks again and greatly appreciated.
AS long as the harness that was in there was wired up for the 5 wire, you'll be good to go.

Quote:
Is my CA 5wire oxygen sensor the reason I'm getting a 48 CEL code with the 49-state lean burn ecu ??
Did you have to do any rewiring when you had the other motor in the car? I'd double check the wires for the O2 heater first at the ECU and the harness plug in the engine bay.

Old 06-06-2008, 03:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

yeah on that 4wire EX harness i was using i had to splice for the purge vap thingy on back of the IM, because the jdm D15B doesn't have that sensor. Also I tee'd off another vac hose for the purge-vap. WHat I have in now is a 5wire o2 harness for VX. 2 connectors were cut or missing tho (..****ing wreckers mad cuz i brought back the wrong harness they gave me first off) i had to splice/connect the wire from vtec -green?- to the shock tower, and also the reverse-light sensor on my 5spd trans. Not sure how, but my old VX sensor i saved from back when i orignally bought it, is throwing a code 48 =(. so i'll try soldering the cut jdm 5wire that was on the motor, and see if that clears the code. Otherwise i'll be shopping for another 5wire vx o2 sensor .

Old 06-06-2008, 03:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

additionally, my gas mileage is approx 35mpg, with worn 185/70/13 tires up front, my intake is the jdm one that came with this vtec-E block (looks like DX/EX size tho), new NGK plugs, new rotor, old cap, jdm wires, vx fuel rail, the injectors are from the performance D15B tho. for some reason the jdm ones that came on this vtecE block didnt work with the US harness. they had different plugs, just clicked on, no clip.
My header is 4-2-1 from a US 96-98 EX w/A pipe to the cat, then 2 inch piping to a magnaflow muffler.
Rear wheels are HX 14" with 185/60/14 falkens not sure which model. THink just the o2 is why my mileage is crappy??

Old 06-06-2008, 04:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
That VX guy!

could just be the O2, but also the intake ports for the Z1 are really small and the Z1 intake manifold is the best to use with it in order to keep the airspeed velocity up. This promotes good swirl in the combustion chamber which also allows good burning of the lean mixture. the injectors worry me a bit as well since the Z1 uses 190cc injectors stock...you may be squirting too much fuel in the chambers.

Reply  Post New Thread