Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2010, 04:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprkthead2 View Post
No difference, don't fall for the GM marketing scheme. Its a hybrid not electric car. Since it carries an ICE and fuel for the ICE it is a hybrid, a series hybrid at that. An electric car only carries batteries, no ICE.

Hybrid Center :: How Hybrid Cars work :: under the hood 2
Cool
We're just talking about two different things: You're explaining that in automotive nomenclature "series hybrid"="range extender", or something like that. Yes, strictly speeking an electric has no ICE or fuel in it, and anything with both ICE and electric is a hybrid. In my previous post I wasn't strictly speaking. I wasn't going into official or semi-official name calling, I just wrote how I understand those terms. I guess I should use the terms "long-range series hybrid" and "underpowered, shorter-than-long-range series hybrid" to avoid confusion.

I believe that the author of this thread had the second type in mind. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-29-2010, 12:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Zoey - '09 Honda Civic Si
90 day: 34.73 mpg (US)

Subee - '01 Subaru Forester L
90 day: 27.52 mpg (US)
Aye, understandable. I think he means the gas motor runs the generator to supplement the power being drawn from the battery to power the electric motor that drives the wheels. Me thinks....

Reply  Post New Thread