Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation > OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #41 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Red Car - '89 Chevrolet Celebrity CL 4 door
Team Chevy
90 day: 36.47 mpg (US)

Winter Wagon - '89 Pontiac 6000 LE Wagon
90 day: 28.26 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrigued View Post
Oh! Gotcha. That's not the first time - or the last - that I've misunderstood what a person was meaning. Some GM cars have separate motors running the speedometer and the odometer, so it is quite possible the speedo motor is getting a little voltage happy.

I have a small handfull of those around still, but by now I have no idea whatsover of what they fit, although I do remember that Cadillac owners were a lot more picky than any other GM owners...
Thats probably the most likely cause. Its been quite a few years since Ive torn into one of my clusters, but I do remember the speedo and odo are separately driven.

All my vehicles are off by a little bit on the speedo, but all are dead nuts on the odo. The 92 Trans Sport is the most accurate, maybe 1-2 high at most. The Celeb is usually a few high. As I was coming back home from downstate with the 6000 the other day, I noticed that the speed was pretty close, maybe 1-2 high. But on the way to work this morning, I noticed it was 3-5 high. The instruments being 20 years old Im sure has something to do with it.

Winter daily driver, parked most days right now

Summer daily driver
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread