Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > General Efficiency Discussion
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2014, 09:58 PM   #41 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,391 Times in 3,365 Posts
Thanks for linking your sources. Cherry picking some of the figures from the same sources:
  • Only "16% say they aren’t sure why self-driving vehicles are important." This implies that 84% of people are sure why autonomous vehicles are important.
  • "Cisco’s survey found that 57% of the respondents, who came from 10 countries, said they’d ride in a car controlled entirely by robotic systems."
  • "Sixty percent of the Americans surveyed said they would be comfortable in a self-piloting vehicle."
  • "33 percent of those in the study said they would buy an autonomous car if rates dropped by 80 percent – a rate reduction that had 90 percent of respondents very likely to consider such technology."

So, the figures don't lie, but liars do figure. We can interpret the data to mean that the majority of people are against autonomous vehicles, or we can interpret the data to mean they are advocates.

Regardless of what the public thinks, the facts regarding which is more safe; autonomous features, or manual driving, is beyond the lay-persons area of expertise. People that have no clue what the latest technology is, should have no opinion about it.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 05-22-2014 at 10:29 PM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread