Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hybrids
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2010, 11:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Hybrid Scangauge Settings and Data Logging

The Insight has a variety of feedback displays, but the SG could offer even more information...but what should be monitored?

Also, I have a datalogger to download data at a later time, more on that in a moment.

SG:
With "ECO-Assist" engaged, the gas pedal is non-linear, by which the output is muted and requires more travel than typical, so I assume TPS is out.

FWT is a must, without a stock visible gauge. The Tach is in good view, along with any MPG figures.

Any experience to lend?

Also, I have an OBD-II datalogging chip that records:

Vehicle speed, engine speed, throttle position, coolant temp, engine load, intake manifold pressure, air flow rate, intake air temp, timing advance, fuel pressure, fuel trim (long and short term, each in banks 1 and 2), O2 sensor voltages and battery voltage (some values are not used in specific vehicles -- it's hit-or-miss with a new car).

You can pick up to 4 variables with speed as the mandatory 5th option. Polling intervals are every 5 seconds.

To the best of my knowledge, the engine is a 1.3L "i-DSi" Honda LDA-Series (dual sequential ignition) engine with 2 spark plugs/cylinder, 2 valves/cyl, and a SOHC with the obvious hybrid stuff.

In your opinion, what is the best setup for feedback and/or data logging analysis?

Also, if there is a subset of data that you are curious to know include those too

Aside from obvious technique, it's really a square-one start for me with this setup...

Thanks!

RH77

_
_
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-24-2010, 06:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Well, Davis is working with me to setup the data logger -- it just won't remain "alive" to collect data. It should work with all 2010's, but a patch might be required, or specific protocol.

The SG is now installed. In temps colder than 35F, it has been hard to keep the coolant temp higher than 175F (even without the cabin heater). IATs are in the 50's. Last night, I removed the snorkel and blocked the vent from the grille. The intake simply draws from behind the radiator. Results pending...

RH77

_
_
Old 01-24-2010, 06:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Left Lane Ecodriver

Prius C - '12 Toyota Prius C
If TPS monitors your throttle plate instead of throttle pedal, then it will be very interesting to watch.

I hear LOD (engine output as a percent of max at that RPM) is interesting on a CVT + IMA. If the engine has different operating regimes, you'll want to keep it in the most efficient ones. Maybe things change suddenly beyond a certain RPM.

I'd be interested in knowing how much fuel pressure varies during the course of everyday driving. That's because I'd like to know if it's valid to use cumulative fuel injector pulsewidth as a stand-in for fuel consumption.

Reply  Post New Thread