Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2015, 02:21 PM   #41 (permalink)
The PRC.

How is that a "really good point" ?

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-08-2015, 02:33 PM   #42 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,546 Times in 7,035 Posts
The Ph.D. was copy pasta. I enjoy reading his Contrary Brin blog because he slags on both sides of the political spectrum and he's pro-future and pro-Adam Smith. I don't like listening to him talk, though—too nasal or something.

Insofar as the holocaust, Pol Pot was worst.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:59 AM   #43 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I don't like double posting, but here is this:

The fiddling with temperature data is the biggest science scandal ever - Telegraph

Quote:

Two weeks ago, under the headline “How we are being tricked by flawed data on global warming”, I wrote about Paul Homewood, who, on his Notalotofpeopleknowthat blog, had checked the published temperature graphs for three weather stations in Paraguay against the temperatures that had originally been recorded. In each instance, the actual trend of 60 years of data had been dramatically reversed, so that a cooling trend was changed to one that showed a marked warming.

Following my last article, Homewood checked a swathe of other South American weather stations around the original three. In each case he found the same suspicious one-way “adjustments”. First these were made by the US government’s Global Historical Climate Network (GHCN). They were then amplified by two of the main official surface records, the Goddard Institute for Space Studies (Giss) and the National Climate Data Center (NCDC), which use the warming trends to estimate temperatures across the vast regions of the Earth where no measurements are taken. Yet these are the very records on which scientists and politicians rely for their belief in “global warming”.

Homewood has now turned his attention to the weather stations across much of the Arctic, between Canada (51 degrees W) and the heart of Siberia (87 degrees E). Again, in nearly every case, the same one-way adjustments have been made, to show warming up to 1 degree C or more higher than was indicated by the data that was actually recorded. This has surprised no one more than Traust Jonsson, who was long in charge of climate research for the Iceland met office (and with whom Homewood has been in touch). Jonsson was amazed to see how the new version completely “disappears” Iceland’s “sea ice years” around 1970, when a period of extreme cooling almost devastated his country’s economy.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:52 PM   #44 (permalink)
The PRC.

The articles mentioned above have prompted the scientists behind BEST to provide another explanation of the homogenising process they use here.

One thing, neither Booker article mentions BEST.

Anyway, done here.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:28 PM   #45 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

What climate change is happening to other planets in the solar system

Here's a story that makes me question what I choose to believe; but it makes no mention of Saturn at all.

But you're right we're not going to solve the conundrum here.
Old 02-17-2015, 05:44 PM   #46 (permalink)
The road not so traveled

The Truck - '99 Nissan Frontier xe
90 day: 25.74 mpg (US)

The Ugly Duck - '84 Jeep CJ7 Rock crawler
Something screwy here.....

What climate change is happening to other planets in the solar system

SORCE » Total Solar Irradiance Data

I was going to show how the source data showed a level trend, but it seems to now show a decline. Ill have to see if I can find a copy I have of it from about a year ago to see if I am mistaken, or if there really is something going on.

If you look at this cycle vs last cycle (full SORCE mission plot), there is a slight increase in energy from the sun.
Old 02-17-2015, 05:52 PM   #47 (permalink)
The road not so traveled

The Truck - '99 Nissan Frontier xe
90 day: 25.74 mpg (US)

The Ugly Duck - '84 Jeep CJ7 Rock crawler
In agreement with a few others who have already stated, there are other more noticeable, better reasons with more immediate consequences to reduce consumption, and pollution.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:34 PM   #48 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Suki - '11 Suzuki SX4
Team Suzuki
90 day: 26.26 mpg (US)
Does anybody realize that humans have yet to produce the amount of co2 that the 1980's mt st Helena eruption produced? I agree with TheEnemy (boy that sounds weird), stop worrying about global warming, and just act responsible, keep down smog for lung health, but allow a little so lean burn can come back (the lb version of the '03 civic hybrid was ulev rated).
freebeard (02-17-2015)
Old 02-17-2015, 07:48 PM   #49 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Geo XL1 - '94 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Boat tails and more mods
90 day: 72.22 mpg (US)

Big, Bad & Flat - '01 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 21.13 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,353 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
New proposal from NASA JPL admits to “spuriouserrors in current satellite based sea level and ice altimetry, calls for new space platform to fix the problem.
Quote:
In a nutshell, JPL is saying we don’t have an accurate reference point, and therefore the data from these previous missions likely has TRF uncertainties embedded:

Finally: JPL intends to get a GRASP on accurate sea level and ice measurements | Watts Up With That?

>
Old 02-17-2015, 08:22 PM   #50 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
This Thursday and Friday, where I live, the daily HIGH temperatures are predicted to be 10 degrees BELOW the previous records, two days consecutively. Lows are supposed to break the old records by around 5 degrees. The prediction for Williamsburg for Thursday night is -2 degrees F or close to -19 C.

The real measure here is when the James River freezes over where the James River bridge is located (tidal salt water). 4 miles wide and deep enough for every ship you could imagine, in 1966 they drove cars over the River. I think it has happened twice in Pops 93 year lifetime.

Looks like Boston is growing a new glacier .

The little ice age ended right around the time of the Krakatoa and Tambora eruptions, in the 1800s, coincidentally right about the time that accurate temperature records started.

regards
mech

Reply  Post New Thread