View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 06:53 PM   #21 (permalink)
Daschicken
EcoModding flying lizard

Cibbie - '88 Honda CBR 250R
Motorcycle
90 day: 48.49 mpg (US)

Rarity - '06 Honda Accord EX V6
Team Honda
90 day: 29.88 mpg (US)

Baby viff - '86 Honda VFR 400R
Motorcycle
90 day: 42.15 mpg (US)

Latios - '08 Suzuki SV650SF
Motorcycle
90 day: 64.56 mpg (US)

Mazda 3 - '14 Mazda 3 i Sport
90 day: 43.25 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
I haven't taught anybody to drive stick, but would eventually some previous experience with motorcycles help a novice driver to learn it?

In Brazil, at least until the early '90s, automatics were seen either as "fancy" or as a driving aid for disabled drivers. In regard to the automated-manual transmissions, the single-clutch ones are still available here but didn't really take the manuals away in lower-end segments of the automotive market, while the dual-clutch ones have experienced concerns about the durability under our harsh driving conditions here.
I had about 6 years of clutched motorcycle experience before trying to learn to drive stick. It didn't help me. Of course, my teacher (dad) also sucked at teaching...I tapped the gas and the rpms shot up to 3000, the clutch was like an on/off switch, and the car rolled back if I let off the brake. Of course, I know what to do now, but it didn't help me back then.

Auto's are seen as a luxury feature here in merica', so EVERYONE HAS TO HAVE ONE! Even the el' cheapo cars are almost exclusively autos. Kind of strange, considering the auto adds at least $800 to the price...

That explains why Honda struggled to sell the already very limited number of V6 6MT Accord sedans, its almost luxury car territory, and its not exclusively sporty..

Best trip in V6: 52.0
Best tank in V6: 46.0
Best tank in Mazda: 49.9
Best tank in CBR: 61.3
Best tank in SV: 83.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
You can lead a fashion-conscious horse to unusual-looking water...