View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 03:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
Daschicken
EcoModding flying lizard

Cibbie - '88 Honda CBR 250R
Motorcycle
90 day: 48.49 mpg (US)

Rarity - '06 Honda Accord EX V6
Team Honda
90 day: 29.88 mpg (US)

Baby viff - '86 Honda VFR 400R
Motorcycle
90 day: 42.15 mpg (US)

Latios - '08 Suzuki SV650SF
Motorcycle
90 day: 64.56 mpg (US)

Mazda 3 - '14 Mazda 3 i Sport
90 day: 43.25 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
I actually don't dislike the looks of the Grumman LLV, even though something lighter and eventually more aerodynamic could be desirable. But anyway, let's suppose that an eventual next-generation of dedicated parcel-delivery vehicles similar to the LLV could be fitted with the drivetrain of the Camry Hybrid, front-wheel drive would not just decrease the weight penalty inherent to the hybrid drivetrain but also allow a lower loading deck and increase the internal volume while not interfering with the overall dimensions.
There you go, now we're thinking! I didn't even think about it being rwd before. Maybe even better in the snow too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JockoT View Post
Our local NHS service are replacing their smaller vans with the Nissan e-NV200 (Leaf), like these ones that Northumberia Trust are using.

Those things look pretty cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
Potential savings from EV/hybrid less than cost of maintaining existing fleet? Does the Post Office even buy new ones?
Well, the trucks supposedly get around 10 mpg in use, so they certainly COULD pay themselves off quickly. Electrifying would allow for a massive increase in efficiency since you can regen brake. That would also mean that much less brake wear. I'm guessing the PO is still using the original ones they bought. Supposedly meant to last 20+ years, i'll bet they try to get every bit of that lifespan that they can. Are LLV's still being made?

Best trip in V6: 52.0
Best tank in V6: 46.0
Best tank in Mazda: 49.9
Best tank in CBR: 61.3
Best tank in SV: 83.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
You can lead a fashion-conscious horse to unusual-looking water...