Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation > OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2010, 02:06 PM   #571 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Miata - '05 Mazda MX-5

Gixxer - '07 Suzuki GSX-R 750
Tried all your suggestions, but no go :\

First, tried to disable the alarm screen per your instructions, then tried increasing the time delay to 5 seconds, after that, 10 seconds.

Could there be a problem with my logic board? Seems unlikely, as everything else seems to be functioning.

Right now, I'm thinking about soldering an external reset button on my board and then installing it on my box, but this seems like a half-baked solution and not a fix...

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-19-2010, 03:07 PM   #572 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

if your car is able to connect on first start - i do not see problems why it could not do sencond time
My suggestions just makes second attemt more similar to first one (the one that works) result should be same as it is in beggining. probably there is something else im missing.

Could you send your modified source code to me? to make it sure it realy is at it should be? (kramutux eta takas dot lt)

May be others will suggest something else

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have problems with reinit too - my car's ECU is responding normaly for more then 10minutes after i turn off my engine
But i added some code to turn off backlight and save trip info if RPM goes to zero.

I should note that OBDuino is good - but it needs some update to make it more better, it was so long ago since the last update

Last edited by eimix; 08-19-2010 at 03:13 PM..
Old 08-20-2010, 06:30 AM   #573 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

It is so nice to see interest being generated in this project again. I found that most peoples interested in developing for the project ends once they have their obduino running well for their purpose. As is what happened to me, and why my updates stopped.

One test that could be done to see if it is your car that is causing the re-init problem would be to unplug your device from the car while it is actively reading results from the engine. Then plug the device back in and see if it will reconnect. If it reconnects just fine, it would be the code, if it doesn't, it might actually be your code.

If it does reconnect just fine, I will be willing to look at your code as well, I put a lot of effort into revising the ISO init protocols to the proper standards and timeing and am curious about this problem. matthews(dot)mike@g m ail. co m
Old 08-26-2010, 12:29 PM   #574 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Miata - '05 Mazda MX-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eimix View Post
(kramutux eta takas dot lt)
Sorry, dont understand the address... tried kramutux at takas.lt but got an error saying that mailbox doesn't exist...
Old 08-26-2010, 02:24 PM   #575 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3ph View Post
Sorry, dont understand the address... tried kramutux at takas.lt but got an error saying that mailbox doesn't exist...
sorry my mistake - kramtux at takas.lt should be
Old 08-30-2010, 10:32 AM   #576 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Miata - '05 Mazda MX-5

I'm wondering if there's a way to get the OBDuino to refresh itself a bit faster... currently it seems to refresh every second or so... Every half a second would be much better... imho..

Also... I looked at the MPGuino project... they have a nice bigfont display of current fuel consumption.. that would be nice on the obduino as well... I think magister has it in his closed source kit version also...

Last edited by m3ph; 08-30-2010 at 10:49 AM..
Old 08-31-2010, 09:06 AM   #577 (permalink)
OBDuino coder

Titine - '13 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Quote:
I'm wondering if there's a way to get the OBDuino to refresh itself a bit faster... currently it seems to refresh every second or so... Every half a second would be much better... imho..
I optimized the LCD routine, try version r169 first, then in r170 I replaced our LCD routines with the ones from the Arduino library (use arduino-0018), try it also to see if it works.
Changes - opengauge - Project Hosting on Google Code
Old 08-31-2010, 04:23 PM   #578 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Miata - '05 Mazda MX-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magister View Post
I optimized the LCD routine, try version r169 first, then in r170 I replaced our LCD routines with the ones from the Arduino library (use arduino-0018), try it also to see if it works.
Changes - opengauge - Project Hosting on Google Code
There are some errors in the code in version 170.

Look for lcd_datawrite. I think you forgot to replace those with lcd.write.

Any chance of getting that bigfont display of instant mpg integrated into obduino code?
Going to try doing that myself, but as I'm not really an experienced programmer, it'll probably take me a while..
Old 08-31-2010, 04:32 PM   #579 (permalink)
OBDuino coder

Titine - '13 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Quote:
There are some errors in the code in version 170.

Look for lcd_datawrite. I think you forgot to replace those with lcd.write.

Any chance of getting that bigfont display of instant mpg integrated into obduino code?
Going to try doing that myself, but as I'm not really an experienced programmer, it'll probably take me a while..
Yup, it seems I missed some, those are in CarAlarmScreen, I fixed them in v171. Thanks for noticing them!

I'll take a look at the big font too when I'll have time.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:38 PM   #580 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Miata - '05 Mazda MX-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magister View Post
Yup, it seems I missed some, those are in CarAlarmScreen, I fixed them in v171. Thanks for noticing them!

I'll take a look at the big font too when I'll have time.
Actually I found one more problem. The special character for l/100km is scrambled. As I'm not yet familiar with those, I don't know the reason for it.

And about the screen update rate... When showing instant mpg, fuel cost, outing mpg, fuel used, the update rate seems to be half a second or so... but when the screen is showing instant mpg, speed, throttle position and rpm, the update rate seems to be around one to two seconds at the moment.

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
obd2