Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2019, 10:46 PM   #31 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,447 Posts
I am still favorable for school staff to carry concealed.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-18-2019, 12:09 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned

Teachers?
Inspectors?
They have no skills for such thing, and some angry sh...t head student culd find take the gun from one teacher and start a shouting.
And I wouldn't be surprised if a teacher shot another teacher during some arguing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
I am still favorable for school staff to carry concealed.
Old 03-18-2019, 12:55 PM   #33 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Teachers are armed in several states, I only know of one that shot a toilet. Utah anyone with a permit can carry in school, I live in Iowa and could carry there.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/news...26Enx1sfR1OXO/
The Following User Says Thank You to roosterk0031 For This Useful Post:
Xist (03-21-2019)
Old 03-18-2019, 01:01 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

Carry a gun is one thing. Know how to use in a emergence it's another thing.
Old 03-18-2019, 05:36 PM   #35 (permalink)
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 47.72 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
This morning my daughter's 6th grade elementary class were discussing the Christchurch massacre. What happened, what could you do for the victims relatives, how would you punish the shooter, etc.
Then all hell broke loose; sirens, helicopters, and strict orders to stay inside.

Because this happened 3 miles out...

One person stepped into a tram and started shooting, seemingly at random, but apparently targeting a lady. She died after trying to escape through a smashed window, but the killer went outside too and shot her there, along with people who were trying to help her. The killer then fled in a stolen car leaving 3 dead and 5 seriously injured.

With the killer still on the loose everyone was advised to stay home if possible.
The parents had to take their kids from school, were admitted one by one through a single entrance while the rest was blocked. All the kids were crying.

The killer - a known criminal - was recognized based on video footage from the trams cameras and DNA in the car he hijacked to follow the tram and escape afterwards. Also his brother was arrested 1 km from my house, and a suspect parcel at that location was inspected by a bomb squad (but probably unrelated/innocent). The killer was arrested late in the afternoon.
While the killing appears to be relational it is still treated as a possible terrorist attack. This all is several hours ago but just as I type this another helicopter moves over.

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:10 PM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

Crazy, frustrated evil people... today they prefer became news, the so called 5 minutes of fame, instead of die alone by suicide, overdosis, gunshot.
After this became a fashion it's hard to society find a way to stop it.

Another shoting, now in Netherlands :

https://news.sky.com/story/shooting-...uries-11669289

You kow the crazy guys, crazy man, the kind who shoot the wife when she left hin??? I think some shooting are almost like such guys... They lost the sense o belong to something, or lost some identity... Maybe the shoting are a mix ob both, xenophobia and identity in the mind of such disturbed people.

I can figure out what Redpoint will say... He will say that if one of the people who tried to help the lady had a gun to stup the shooter, lives could had been saved. In this case he is probably correct.

Last edited by All Darc; 03-18-2019 at 06:22 PM..
Old 03-18-2019, 08:34 PM   #37 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,380 Times in 3,354 Posts
More guns won't reduce the overall number of deaths, even if it may reduce the number of mass shootings. Mass shootings/terrorism doesn't account for vary many deaths in the world. Terrorism isn't an issue I'm terribly interested in because it isn't very common.

Without a doubt, mentally stable and responsible people owning guns would reduce violent crime and the number of people killed in violent shootings. The problem is getting the firearms in the right hands. It seems those that would be the most responsible are the least likely to want the responsibility. Similar to how the best politicians are the ones that least want the job, or those that would be the best parents are the least interested in having children.

All of this is moot anyhow. We're moments away from being able to print firearms for next to nothing. Attempting to have a safer world by weakening the populace is a fool's errand. We need better people, not impotent people.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
roosterk0031 (03-19-2019), Xist (03-21-2019)
Old 03-18-2019, 11:25 PM   #38 (permalink)
Banned

If we want to sellect better people, it's not so difficult, like in politics. Just put a minimal wage or less as salary for politician, and without bank secrecy, and without be allowed to get presents, and all thiefs will run aways.

You can't print the bullets. Printed guns are made from plastic composites and are rough, unles they develop steel 3D printers, like some expensive printers used to create pieces in medical field fur replacement of some bones parts.

But to creaet better people, in a corrupt world, in a species like Homo Sapiens, with a lot of criminal genes, a criminal nature, it's a huge problem. I fear only genetic engineering will bring a huge step foward.
In your opinion, why do you think USA people are so violent if compared to european people?

Yes, not the best people are the ones who have more kids today and the ones who wishes more to carry a gun and find a reson to use it.

Low IQ and violence are connected, and inteligent people do not have today as many kids as dumb people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
More guns won't reduce the overall number of deaths, even if it may reduce the number of mass shootings. Mass shootings/terrorism doesn't account for vary many deaths in the world. Terrorism isn't an issue I'm terribly interested in because it isn't very common.

Without a doubt, mentally stable and responsible people owning guns would reduce violent crime and the number of people killed in violent shootings. The problem is getting the firearms in the right hands. It seems those that would be the most responsible are the least likely to want the responsibility. Similar to how the best politicians are the ones that least want the job, or those that would be the best parents are the least interested in having children.

All of this is moot anyhow. We're moments away from being able to print firearms for next to nothing. Attempting to have a safer world by weakening the populace is a fool's errand. We need better people, not impotent people.

Last edited by All Darc; 03-18-2019 at 11:38 PM..
Old 03-19-2019, 01:05 AM   #39 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,380 Times in 3,354 Posts
3D printed guns are just one example of how we become more capable over time, not necessarily the only technology that people will use for violence. That sort of technology will continue to improve. Even if guns are banned, nothing stops a person from driving a truck through a crowd of people. The problem isn't the advanced technology; it's the people who use it maliciously.

US has a higher homicide rate than many other EU countries.

USA homicide rate is worse than many EU countries, but a bit lower than the world average. Who knows how much of it is cultural, and how much is biology?

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 03-19-2019 at 01:13 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
roosterk0031 (03-19-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 01:27 AM   #40 (permalink)
Corporate imperialist

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,522 Times in 2,796 Posts
My dad and his friends used to go to the hardware store and by all the stuff they needed to build zip guns in the 1960s. (I'm assuming they didn't by the ammo at the hardware store).
So you don't need a 3d printer to build a gun.

You can't 3d print bullets but they can be cast. Casting lead is like bronze age technology. Casing your own bullets for a fire arm has existed as long as firearms have been around.

Reply  Post New Thread