Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > The Unicorn Corral
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Nameless - '06 GMC Canyon
90 day: 37.45 mpg (US)

22 Maverick - '22 Ford Maverick XL
90 day: 42.77 mpg (US)
And how many kilowatt hours to make that much hydrogen. Then horsepower-hours to generate those kilowatt hours. And last, how much gasoline to make those horsepower hours.

06 Canyon: The vacuum gauge plus wheel covers helped increase summer 2015 mileage to 38.5 MPG, while summer 2016 mileage was 38.6 MPG without the wheel covers. Drove 33,021 miles 2016-2018 at 35.00 MPG.

22 Maverick: Summer 2022 burned 62.74 gallons in 3145.1 miles for 50.1 MPG. Winter 2023-2024 - 2416.7 miles, 58.66 gallons for 41 MPG.
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-24-2012, 04:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks for those helpful comments,to those who are complaining of this being a HHO generator thread then a link if this has been discussed elsewhere would have been nice to provide link (oil pan 4's thread link was a interesting read and looking in to the tridon v10 bus). But honestly people if you really dont want to get involved then thats ok the clue was on the title and you didnt have to view this, nobody forced you so stop moaning.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Q Sold - '02 Infiniti Q45 Sport
90 day: 23.08 mpg (US)

blackie - '14 nissan altima sv
on the other hand, noobies need to learn to search and quit sitting on your xxx and being lazy.
Also 'we' have the right to stop short those who come here in a self-promoting/self-interest manner.

after being here awhile......"we're" able to see patterns in new threads.
We are a seroius and very viable forum. We didn't get that way by being passive.
When you step in the (unicorn) arena, you might get (unicorn) crap on your boots.

ECO MODS PERFORMED:
First: ScangaugeII
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...eii-23306.html

Second: Grille Block
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...e-10912-2.html

Third: Full underbelly pan
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...q45-11402.html

Fourth: rear skirts and 30.4mpg on trip!
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tml#post247938
Old 08-24-2012, 05:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Aero Deshi

MagMetalCivic - '04 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Last 3: 34.25 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betuaintgotthis View Post
Thanks for those helpful comments,to those who are complaining of this being a HHO generator thread then a link if this has been discussed elsewhere would have been nice to provide link (oil pan 4's thread link was a interesting read and looking in to the tridon v10 bus). But honestly people if you really dont want to get involved then thats ok the clue was on the title and you didnt have to view this, nobody forced you so stop moaning.

BS, You show up here out of the blue, tag your thread 4 times, and have the same tone as someone who posted a day earlier under a different name.

Now I know that you have your own POS website somewhere promoting HHO. You come in here and link back to your POS HHO site so when someone searches for Hydrogen Generator (or whatever) in Google, your site is higher in the search results because you have an active thread here and that counts huge for Google. It's called "Website Optimization".

Beauty of it is, we can't see the link, all behind the scenes & such, so you can plead stoooopid and how can we prove otherwise?

BTW, I notice nobody really adds any tags to threads in Ecomodder, but somehow, the HHO threads always have them.

How did you tag this 4 times when an individual can only tag twice?

Must have used a few of your other "Names" to make that happen.

At least you've givin up talking to yourself in here, probably been caught doing that in the past and had your threads removed.

Last edited by ChazInMT; 08-24-2012 at 05:46 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to ChazInMT For This Useful Post:
mcrews (08-24-2012)
Old 08-24-2012, 05:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Q Sold - '02 Infiniti Q45 Sport
90 day: 23.08 mpg (US)

blackie - '14 nissan altima sv
Chaz, your killin me!!!!! lol

ECO MODS PERFORMED:
First: ScangaugeII
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...eii-23306.html

Second: Grille Block
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...e-10912-2.html

Third: Full underbelly pan
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...q45-11402.html

Fourth: rear skirts and 30.4mpg on trip!
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tml#post247938
Old 08-24-2012, 06:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hey self promoting am I well guess what i truly believe that hydrogen is not the way forward the amount of energy required to make it a commercial fuel is staggering learnt that back in little school i did. TBH a more viable source of fuel would be bio ethanol or bio diesel but they have their draw backs too. Im just asking if it was done this way would it benefit in any way.

one litre per minute of hho gas is something like 250watt hours so would that generate a fuel saving?. maybe cancel out the power used to power the lights on the car.......

Wow thats one hell of a saving. assuming my calculations were correct.

Well guys if anybody does want to pay for those hho generators then thats up to you i certainly wont be (maybe coz i have a big scamming company where I can get it for free). there are some really sh*t ones on ebay for $30 and go up to a couple of grand for something less s**t but still quite pointless.

Seriously people do not pay for one, if you want one then make one from scratch its easy.

Tagging lol so that makes me a scammer aswell does it, what whats wrong with some little dude giving a cheesy grin?. if it wasnt aloud then the forum wouldnt provide the option of doing it. I excercised the right to use my smiley so deal with it!!! four times though lol once as far as im aware.

I just dont understand why you guys cant actually give any useful information like yes in theory that would work and you might see expected gains of between 1-2% in your mpg or something like that. then some other guy pipes up saying the power needed to pull the unit weighing something like 20kg is X amount and so reduces economy by 1.5-3% still making the hho generator useless due to negative economy.

If hho worked it would be great we could all run our car on water and in emergencys im sure we could get away with the occasional p**s in the tank to get us home. ITS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN except in small pocket areas where they like to feel good about themselves regardless of the cost.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
UFO
Master EcoModder

Colorado - '17 Chevrolet Colorado 4x4 LT
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
Quote:
Hey self promoting am I well guess what i truly believe that hydrogen is not the way forward the amount of energy required to make it a commercial fuel is staggering learnt that back in little school i did. TBH a more viable source of fuel would be bio ethanol or bio diesel but they have their draw backs too. Im just asking if it was done this way would it benefit in any way.
I agree with the "way forward", but have abandoned any curiosity about free hydrogen. There is nothing more to be learned on the subject.
Quote:
one litre per minute of hho gas is something like 250watt hours so would that generate a fuel saving?. maybe cancel out the power used to power the lights on the car.......

Wow thats one hell of a saving. assuming my calculations were correct.
Yeah, 1 liter at about 1500psi is 250W. Good luck generating that much from a generator.
Quote:
I just dont understand why you guys cant actually give any useful information like yes in theory that would work and you might see expected gains of between 1-2% in your mpg or something like that. then some other guy pipes up saying the power needed to pull the unit weighing something like 20kg is X amount and so reduces economy by 1.5-3% still making the hho generator useless due to negative economy.

If hho worked it would be great we could all run our car on water and in emergencys im sure we could get away with the occasional p**s in the tank to get us home. ITS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN except in small pocket areas where they like to feel good about themselves regardless of the cost.
Not too hard to work out the numbers yourself. It simply makes NO sense.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

ok my mistake thanks for pointing that out i didnt realise that it was 250watts from compressed gas. That completly changes things lol um no chance of even a finely tuned bubbler producing that. unless of course its powered by the negative energy from some of the other forum users.

Maybe cold fusion is the way forward?......

Lets save that for another time though.......

Seriously though thank you for a sensible answer
Old 08-24-2012, 07:12 PM   #19 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

FYI for those negative people, hydrogen generators are not completly useless. I made one a few years ago and used it to fill a chamber with gas that I plugged with a potato. Of course i used to ignite the gas and send the potato on its merry way. I found that highly amusing when i was a teenager, probably still would lol.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:43 AM   #20 (permalink)
Corporate imperialist

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
My question is how much hydrogen do you need to equal the energy equivalent of 1 gallon of gas?

When you can answer that question, you might understand the problem.

regards
Mech
2 Kilo grams

You might be wondering how much electrical power it takes to make 1Kg of hydrogen from water, I believe its at least 25kwh.

Last edited by oil pan 4; 08-25-2012 at 07:48 AM..
Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
generator, hho, hho hoax, hho rip-off, hoax, hydrogen, nitro, rip-off