Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation > OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2013, 03:58 PM   #131 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

In this configuration withdrawn or keep the resistances of the 10k in Parallax board.

Code:
                                                                o----------o PC3
                                                                | R1 1k
o---------------o---------------o---------------o---------------o--vvv--o--o 5V
|               |               |               |               |
|  left         | middle        |  right        | Extra#1       | Extra#2
|  R2           |  R3           |  R4           |  R5           |  R6
o--vvv--o       o--VVV--o       o--vvv--o       o--vvv--o       o--vvv--o
   2.2k |          4.7k |          10k  |          22k  |          47k  |
        o               o               o               o               o
     -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    |   4               7               2               6               3   |
    |   LT              UP              RT             CTR              DN  |
    |                                                                       |
    |                                                                       |
    |                  VCC             GND                                  |
    |                   5               8                                   |
     -----------------------------------------------------------------------
                        o               o
                        |               |
                        o               o----------------------------------O GND
                       N/C
the middle button should not be (CTR) of the Parallax board.

Thank you
José Rodrigues

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #132 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by josemapiro View Post
In this configuration withdrawn or keep the resistances of the 10k in Parallax board.
I do not understand. Do you mean that the resistances, which are internal to the Parallax board, should be shown? I left them out so as not to cause confusion.

Quote:
the middle button should not be (CTR) of the Parallax board.
I do not understand. What should the CTR be?
Old 10-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #133 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

Quote:
This system I just gave an idea, because it seems to be a more practical working, I think the current very confusing, and at the same time one can eliminate the simultaneous buttons, which may create some difficulties, due to a resistance value proximate of another.
It's a good idea, though, even though there should not be any issue with button presses having resistances similar to each other. The button press combinations should be different enough so as to not cause any problems with unique button-press detection. There is a value difference of at least 7 between any two button-press combinations, which is well within the margin of error I've seen for ADC conversions on this board - even without any filtering at all.

It can be confusing, too, I agree. Try switching between the Parallax 5-position button setup (which is beside my computer) and the legacy 3-button unit I have in my car...
Old 10-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #134 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent View Post
Compile error though from extra pipes:
Code:
const uint8_t buttonsUp = 	rbuttonBit | mbuttonBit | lbuttonBit |  | ;
*facepalm*
Old 10-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #135 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by t vago View Post
I do not understand. Do you mean that the resistances, which are internal to the Parallax board, should be shown? I left them out so as not to cause confusion.
In a previous post you said you had to remove the internal resistances, but then said it could also keep the internal resistances, I just wanted to know if keeps or removed, does not need to show just wanted to know.

Quote:
I do not understand. What should the CTR be?
I asked because I do not know if it was your fault, or if it was intentional, you have (middle) button clearcut to be used with the (up) the Parallax board.

Thank you
José Rodrigues
The Following User Says Thank You to josemapiro For This Useful Post:
t vago (10-04-2013)
Old 10-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #136 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

Quote:
In a previous post you said you had to remove the internal resistances, but then said it could also keep the internal resistances, I just wanted to know if keeps or removed, does not need to show just wanted to know.
Sorry about that. I could get the Parallax board to work without having to remove the internal resistances. It was a nice little challenge to figure out the equivalent resistances of the 2k2/4k7/10k/etc with the internal 10k resistances of the Parallax board - sort of a good 1st year college problem. And, it's a plus because now nobody has to hack into whatever it is they buy, be it the Parallax board or that board that you found, so nobody has to be nervous about potentially damaging it.

Quote:
I asked because I do not know if it was your fault, or if it was intentional, you have (middle) button clearcut to be used with the (up) the Parallax board.
Yes, that was intentional. Move the button up, and it causes the brightness to vary, or it causes the number being edited to move up one digit. It's kind of a start to what I think is your idea on how the user interface ought to be changed.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:27 AM   #137 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Sorry about that. I could get the Parallax board to work without having to remove the internal resistances. It was a nice little challenge to figure out the equivalent resistances of the 2k2/4k7/10k/etc with the internal 10k resistances of the Parallax board - sort of a good 1st year college problem. And, it's a plus because now nobody has to hack into whatever it is they buy, be it the Parallax board or that board that you found, so nobody has to be nervous about potentially damaging it.
I just asked prque have not decided if I use the three buttons or 5 Way / Direction Tactile Switch without board, because I intend to put the buttons next to the LCD and do not have much space. So I have to create a board, and was in doubt whether or not to include the internal resistances of 10k.

Quote:
Yes, that was intentional. Move the button up, and it causes the brightness to vary, or it causes the number being edited to move up one digit. It's kind of a start to what I think is your idea on how the user interface ought to be changed.
Ok

Thank you
José Rodrigues
Old 10-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #138 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

Quote:
I just asked prque have not decided if I use the three buttons or 5 Way / Direction Tactile Switch without board, because I intend to put the buttons next to the LCD and do not have much space. So I have to create a board, and was in doubt whether or not to include the internal resistances of 10k.
I see, now. Yah, you don't need to include the 10k pullup resistors - they're actually not necessary if you're going to use just the 5 Way / Direction Tactile Switch by itself, without pullup resistors. Just enable the useAnalogMuxButtons option, instead of the useParallax5PositionSwitch option. However, for those people that bought a pre-made Parallax 5-Position Switch, or any other 5-position switch that is installed on a circuit board and that includes integrated 10k pullup resistors, they can still use those items with the code, without having to remove the resistors.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #139 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
I see, now. Yah, you don't need to include the 10k pullup resistors - they're actually not necessary if you're going to use just the 5 Way / Direction Tactile Switch by itself, without pullup resistors. Just enable the useAnalogMuxButtons option, instead of the useParallax5PositionSwitch option. However, for those people that bought a pre-made Parallax 5-Position Switch, or any other 5-position switch that is installed on a circuit board and that includes integrated 10k pullup resistors, they can still use those items with the code, without having to remove the resistors.
OK

Thank you
José Rodrigues
Old 10-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #140 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

I'm occasionally encountering something that seems like a software glitch, but unfortunately am unable to reproduce on demand.

The glitch seems to usually happen after decel fuel cut that when injection resumes the injection events are not registering. The iM display reads "----" (while power is being applied) and cM or tM will continue to increase. Letting off of the accelerator and then returning to the previous position has so far always resulted in the display values returning to normal.

I drove about 260 miles round trip today and the glitch showed up four or five times on the way out and only twice on the return trip.

In one instance I saw numbers on the iM portion of the display as power was being applied just before "----" was displayed. I didn't get a good enough or long enough view to read the numbers.

In another instance, when accelerating after being stopped at a light the iM display went from "0.00" to a brief flash of numbers and then to "----". Releasing and then reapplying the accelerator again reset the display.

I can't definitively say that DFC was invoked prior to the glitch as the only time I think I witnessed the whole progression of what was displayed was the instance of accelerating from a stop. The other instances though all occured on a resumption of power from 0% TPS and never during steady state operation.

Reply  Post New Thread