Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2021, 02:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,586 Times in 7,070 Posts
At one point [citation needed] I suggested the Wiki could use some attention, it was like whistling into the wind.

Not as much fun as venting frustration, I guess.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-23-2021, 06:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Zachary View Post
We can all peacefully disagree.
I guess you're going to agree with me that peacefully is not an option for those who are actually willing to pose as a know-it-all, instead of genuinely willing to help on someone else's attempts to improve something.

The Following User Says Thank You to cRiPpLe_rOoStEr For This Useful Post:
Isaac Zachary (07-23-2021)
Old 07-24-2021, 04:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Yes, I can't be bothered being subtle. You either 'get' evidence - or you don't.

Old 07-24-2021, 04:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
20 to 30 years isn't that long. All the important work was done in Zeppelin's wind tunnels.
To be honest, that just shows your utter and profound ignorance of car aerodynamics.

Jaray (working in Zeppelin's wind tunnels) was important, yes, but to suggest that he did all the important work is just absurd.

Old 07-24-2021, 04:26 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck View Post

And guess what...???

We’ll figure it out.

Believe it or not, we aren’t that dumb.

Also, should you choose to leave...

Who will be our contrarian and savior...???

Don’t be so hasty...

Think of the children...

😉

>

I am not interested in playing stupid games.

Old 07-24-2021, 04:29 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Attacking the ideas was never the problem; it was always the attacks on the person. It doesn't matter who started it (that's what children argue). Nobody would have been suspended if there had been civil discussion.
Rubbish. You appear to be assuming normal rules of discussion. But Aerohead is never wrong...ever.

No matter the evidence.

Then it becomes ridiculous.

And furthermore, it then becomes a case of of actively endorsing (through silence or agreement) stuff that is absolutely and completely wrong.

Old 07-24-2021, 04:33 AM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Zachary View Post
Exactly. Just because one person believes in HHO generators and another is absolutely sure they don't work doesn't mean that they can't respectfully get along. There are a lot of things I don't agree with on this site posted by others, but I don't take it personal. That doesn't mean I keep quiet either. But if they want to keep thinking that their way of thinking is better than mine that's fine because that's what I do to them. We can all peacefully disagree.

But like I said before, this a forum, nothing more. Edgar Julian seems to believe this is some kind of an encyclopedia collaboration. There are the Ecomods and Hypermiling lists that are kind of an official reference. But not everything that's put on the forums makes it there.
Edgar Julian actually believes that a discussion group should give advice founded on fact. Bizarre, eh? What an extraordinarily notion!

"But if they want to keep thinking that their way of thinking is better than mine that's fine because that's what I do to them."

Maybe that's why the US is in the state it is currently in? (And after such a glorious technological history....)

Because people babble absolute crap like this?

Last edited by JulianEdgar; 07-24-2021 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: fixed typo - 'what' changed to 'why'

Old 07-24-2021, 04:36 AM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
At one point [citation needed] I suggested the Wiki could use some attention, it was like whistling into the wind.

Not as much fun as venting frustration, I guess.
Um, why would I contribute to a discussion group Wiki when I have written literally hundreds of thousands of published words on this topic? (And words that have been endorsed by real experts in the field.)

Last edited by JulianEdgar; 07-24-2021 at 04:41 AM..

Old 07-24-2021, 04:39 AM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
I guess you're going to agree with me that peacefully is not an option for those who are actually willing to pose as a know-it-all, instead of genuinely willing to help on someone else's attempts to improve something.
If that was addressed to me, I don't actually consider myself to be "a know-it-all"- in fact I am well aware of how little I know.

That's why in lots of threads I say nothing - I know how little I know. I contribute only to threads where I am fairly confident I know something.

If only others here did the same!

Old 07-24-2021, 05:14 AM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

A different topic, but all this is going to start all over again with my next book, a history of car suspension.

I am have been working on the book closely with Doug Milliken, one of the most famous names in car vehicle dynamics - and we've had lots of very robust discussions back and forth.

(And Doug has been superb to work with. As have all my other experts.)

The published results will reflect my writing input and Doug's technical input (as did my aero books with their respective tech experts) but will go against many prevailing wisdoms - especially on discussion groups.

[Shrug] - whatever! ignorance knows no bounds.

I have a huge advantage. I know I don't know a lot, so I listen very very closely to the real experts.

Closed Thread  Post New Thread