Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > The Unicorn Corral
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2011, 09:46 PM   #31 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

2003 Ninja EX250 - '03 Kawasaki Ninja EX250
90 day: 78.57 mpg (US)

Saturn - '99 Saturn SL1 Base
90 day: 47.27 mpg (US)
I have experience with the Haltech E8 Standalone unit (supports full sequential injection, boost control, supplemental injection such as methanol or water, launch control, traction control, etc) in my highly modified Dodge Stratus Coupe that made over 500fwhp, and a FAST XFI standalone computer in my Buick T-type that has run mid 10's in the 1/4 and will run mid 9's after this engine rebuild (crank bearings went).

I honestly got a kick out of this guy calling himself a "Pro Tuner" when he's using an Apexi piggy back unit and just clicking buttons. You call that professional?! LOL. Prove to me that you actually hooked it up right and clicking those buttons actually changes your ECU parameters (IE, turn your super bubble maker off and show us the AFR changing), and then we can further this conversation.

If you have to use your brakes, you are driving too fast!

My 101.5 MPG 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Crude Oil Price Today
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-19-2011, 09:54 PM   #32 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard_lyew View Post
CVS? i want one of those little computers that you guys use to measure MPG so i can connect it to the output signal of my AFC which the car's ECU is getting so you guys can see.

where do i get one of these devices?
http://ecomodder.com/forum/scangauge...nomy-gauge.php

Is the Ecomodder discounted ScanGauge, well worth the money.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:27 PM   #33 (permalink)
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
richard_lyew -

Quote:
CVS?
CSV = Comma-separated values - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
i want one of those little computers that you guys use to measure MPG so i can connect it to the output signal of my AFC which the car's ECU is getting so you guys can see.

where do i get one of these devices?
I looked up your APEXi VAFC :

http://apexi-usa.com/content/pdf6135.pdf

Some tuner gizmos can do datalogging, but not the one you are using. Scangauge can't do datalogging for offloading data, but it can connect to the OBDII port no problemo.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society
Old 04-19-2011, 10:39 PM   #34 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

hahaaa you think my car can only idle at -40%? hahahaaa how about doing 50+MPH at -40%?

better yet, how about driving in the rain with AC, lights and wipers on?

i bet you cant even idle at -30% with your car LMAO
Old 04-19-2011, 10:41 PM   #35 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

thanks alot CarloSW2. i will look into getting one soon
Old 04-19-2011, 10:49 PM   #36 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmeebryan View Post
I have experience with the Haltech E8 Standalone unit (supports full sequential injection, boost control, supplemental injection such as methanol or water, launch control, traction control, etc) in my highly modified Dodge Stratus Coupe that made over 500fwhp, and a FAST XFI standalone computer in my Buick T-type that has run mid 10's in the 1/4 and will run mid 9's after this engine rebuild (crank bearings went).

I honestly got a kick out of this guy calling himself a "Pro Tuner" when he's using an Apexi piggy back unit and just clicking buttons. You call that professional?! LOL. Prove to me that you actually hooked it up right and clicking those buttons actually changes your ECU parameters (IE, turn your super bubble maker off and show us the AFR changing), and then we can further this conversation.
hahahaaa as for you sir you are just a cereal box tuner that does the same thing that have been done for years and still doing(nothing new). the (+) side of tuning is NOTHING compare to the (-) side of tuning. i bet if you should try to tune on the lean side you would burn soooooooooooo many engines because its not what you are used to LOL. what im doing is totally new to you that's why you don't understand and maybe next year you will start to understand a little more. this forum has a long way to go but ill be here.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:57 PM   #37 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

2003 Ninja EX250 - '03 Kawasaki Ninja EX250
90 day: 78.57 mpg (US)

Saturn - '99 Saturn SL1 Base
90 day: 47.27 mpg (US)
Quote:
hahahaaa as for you sir you are just a cereal box tuner that does the same thing that have been done for years and still doing(nothing new). the (+) side of tuning is NOTHING compare to the (-) side of tuning. i bet if you should try to tune on the lean side you would burn soooooooooooo many engines because its not what you are used to LOL. what im doing is totally new to you that's why you don't understand and maybe next year you will start to understand a little more. this forum has a long way to go but ill be here.
Your videos are proving nothing. I can hook up an Apexi unit to any car and have it say whatever the hell i want it to say (for example, your rpm's are 1/2 of what they really are).

BTW, what's so special about what you are doing? You have no way of controlling timing, so all you are doing is taking fuel away. How can you possibly call that pro tuning?

I've tuned on the lean side many times and all my engines were fine. Good quality after market computers with high resolution fuel and ignition maps allow you to do that. Couple that with sequential injection control (ability to control the pulse width of every individual injector separately), wideband inputs for each cylinder, and EGT's for each bank, and you have enough information to push the limits. Nevertheless, a "pro tuner" will know that the lean threshold is dependent on the engine configuration.

We the trustworthy members of Ecomodder.com are not newbie bashers.... but when a newbie comes riding in on his sparkling unicorn, we make sure others aren't glamored by it, unless they can prove the unicorn is real.

If you have to use your brakes, you are driving too fast!

My 101.5 MPG 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Crude Oil Price Today
Old 04-20-2011, 12:13 AM   #38 (permalink)
Banned

How is anyone supposed to believe that your device is accurately reading fuel trim when it can't even display RPM correctly? You're not fooling anyone.

Last edited by tjts1; 04-20-2011 at 12:26 AM..
Old 04-20-2011, 12:40 AM   #39 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

You all can officially ignore this guy, he was spewing the exact same crap all over the hhoforums.com site back in 2008 and 2009 and ended up getting banned in 2010. The interweb never forgets.

First in the world - HHO Forums - Trying to facilitate the production of HHO for the common folk.

Richard, go back to playing your Call of Duty game. How's the weather in Jamaica? Moderator lock this thread and save us all the pain of this guys rants.

Last edited by moorecomp; 04-20-2011 at 01:49 AM..
Old 04-20-2011, 09:42 AM   #40 (permalink)
Making Ecomods a G thing

Angie - '08 Infiniti G35 X
90 day: 22.03 mpg (US)
i'm curious how he gets accurate AFR without an O2 sensor

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
eco friendly, ecotec, hho, hydrogen, hypermiler, lean burn, rip-off, scam