Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > The Unicorn Corral
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2011, 03:03 PM   #41 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
ScanGauge MPG gauge: improve your fuel economy - EcoModder.com

Is the Ecomodder discounted ScanGauge, well worth the money.
thanks. i will buy one and install it down stream from the AFC to get the changed reading.

Thanks again man

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-20-2011, 03:08 PM   #42 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Blue Meanie - '02 Volkswagon Golf TDI
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 48.52 mpg (US)

Wife's car - '05 WV Passat TDI

Rudy - '94 Chevy C2500
I would assume that he gets AFR by calculating it from Speed Density mode but I assume that that is off. The AFC see ( ZZ Performance ) scales the MAF frequency telling it that there is less or more air depending on how the PCM calculates load and timing both might be off due to this since the car would be running in SD mode and using the MAF I assume that that was the normal config for the engine to run.

If you are not modifying the PCM but tricking sensors then you are not tuning. If you are running lean you should have a WB02 or at the least a EGT sensor to monitor the temps. If you get to hot it can burn up the exhaust valves and possibly throw a chunk in to the cat of let it dance around in the cylinder.

I do some PCM tuning and am looking to later work on running a hybrid open/closed loop system for lean burn when trying to keep emissions close to stock IIRC that would be running 15.5:1 to 15.7:1 I might be wrong on the AFR but do not have time to look it up as I'm late for class.

"It's not rocket surgery!" -MetroMPG
Old 04-20-2011, 03:11 PM   #43 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjts1 View Post
How is anyone supposed to believe that your device is accurately reading fuel trim when it can't even display RPM correctly? You're not fooling anyone.
its because this car's ECU have 2 separate RPM signals that goes into the ECU and become one. each line have half the RPM value and when both of them go into the computer it reads the full RPM. if i was to join both of them together to get the full value it would mess with the car's ECU reading so im going to install 2 blocking 5.1volt diodes on the RPM signals and lean to the AFC.i didn't have any diodes at installation but i but 2 last night buy 2 to correct the RPM signal.

the correction point didn't bother me as i can have the same setting from 0 up to 2000RPM.

but ur a fool if you think that has anything to do with the correction LOL that only make the correction point a little higher THATS ALL you fool.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:16 PM   #44 (permalink)
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 60.16 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,957 Times in 3,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard_lyew View Post
thanks. i will buy one and install it down stream from the AFC to get the changed reading.

Thanks again man
FYI, a ScanGauge -- or any OBDII based MPG meter -- won't work reliably on a lean burn system (because it extrapolates fuel consumption from air consumption at stoich, plus additional allowances for open loop).

You will need to use an MPGuino or equivalent if you want to know fuel consumption while fiddling with A/F ratios.
Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget
Old 04-20-2011, 03:16 PM   #45 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorecomp View Post
You all can officially ignore this guy, he was spewing the exact same crap all over the hhoforums.com site back in 2008 and 2009 and ended up getting banned in 2010. The interweb never forgets.

First in the world - HHO Forums - Trying to facilitate the production of HHO for the common folk.

Richard, go back to playing your Call of Duty game. How's the weather in Jamaica? Moderator lock this thread and save us all the pain of this guys rants.
hahahaaa everybody know me. and why haven't the mods of the hhoforum ban me again from my return? because you do know im back on that forum right? and why haven't they ban me again this time? by the way im the only person in the world on the whole interwebs using a AFC to correctly tune and run HHO at the same time. with a VAFC that controls the HHO system via the vtec settings. hahahaaaa. show me some respect when you say my name son.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:17 PM   #46 (permalink)
UFO
Master EcoModder

Colorado - '17 Chevrolet Colorado 4x4 LT
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
This HHO thread is reminding me of a fellow I worked for 10 years ago. He was designing switching power supplies, and his goal was over-unity. He had a machine that would measure the power out/power in of the supply, and by inducing a load transient, it would momentarily calculate efficiency greater than 100% (due to phase lag), he thought he could make a supply that would create power from nothing.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:18 PM   #47 (permalink)
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 60.16 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,957 Times in 3,602 Posts
Quote:
THATS ALL you fool.
Let's keep things civil in here please. Everyone.
Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget
Old 04-20-2011, 03:19 PM   #48 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
FYI, a ScanGauge -- or any OBDII based MPG meter -- won't work reliably on a lean burn system (because it extrapolates fuel consumption from air consumption at stoich, plus additional allowances for open loop).

You will need to use an MPGuino or equivalent if you want to know fuel consumption while fiddling with A/F ratios.
i already use my AFC to change my MAP setting. so do i still need the MPGuino? i need to know the best and most accurate thing to use before i buy keeping in mind i drive in high scotch
Old 04-20-2011, 03:21 PM   #49 (permalink)
UFO
Master EcoModder

Colorado - '17 Chevrolet Colorado 4x4 LT
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard_lyew View Post
i already use my AFC to change my MAP setting. so do i still need the MPGuino? i need to know the best and most accurate thing to use before i buy keeping in mind i drive in high scotch
When do think you can cut the gasoline completely and drive only on water?
Old 04-20-2011, 03:24 PM   #50 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
This HHO thread is reminding me of a fellow I worked for 10 years ago. He was designing switching power supplies, and his goal was over-unity. He had a machine that would measure the power out/power in of the supply, and by inducing a load transient, it would momentarily calculate efficiency greater than 100% (due to phase lag), he thought he could make a supply that would create power from nothing.
FYI you can get power from basically nothing. you can put a antenna about 40feet or higher in the sky, put a copper pole 3 feet deep in the ground and connect them to a transformer and get a constant volt.

its what Tesla was doing. using the volt in the sky and amplifying it to gain high voltage, current ect...

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
eco friendly, ecotec, hho, hydrogen, hypermiler, lean burn, rip-off, scam