Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hybrids
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2022, 02:04 PM   #21 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,586 Times in 7,070 Posts
redpoint5: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=airport+limousine

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (11-23-2022)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-23-2022, 02:42 PM   #22 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,392 Times in 3,366 Posts
I have semi-joked about a limo for kid-hauling. Roll that privacy glass up and seal the noise in the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden55 View Post
Hey while the american tax payer and the rest of the world are absorbing the inflation on the dollar and the government has no plan to do anything about debt or inflation might as well cash in and use the tax subsidies to let everyone else pay for a bit of your vehicle. Its the last finale and it's only fair. lol
No, it's worse than that. The tax subsidies don't even go into the consumer pocket, because price is set by supply and demand. Big automotive corporations have a limited supply of EVs, and when consumers mentally subtract tax subsidies from the price, the manufacturers increase price to capture the artificially inflated value.

So, it's a wealth transfer from US taxpayers to large, mostly foreign automotive corporations so wealthy folks can drive a new car.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
freebeard (11-23-2022), hayden55 (11-23-2022)
Old 11-23-2022, 02:48 PM   #23 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,067 Times in 1,397 Posts
Quote:
Probably more like 25kW but yup. Larger batteries live longer. Allows you to cycle them less. Hey while the american tax payer and the rest of the world are absorbing the inflation on the dollar and the government has no plan to do anything about debt or inflation might as well cash in and use the tax subsidies to let everyone else pay for a bit of your vehicle. Its the last finale and it's only fair. lol
The Chrysler Pacific goes 32 miles with a 16 kWh battery. Assuming no loss of efficiency from a heavier battery you are looking at a 30 kWh battery to go 60 miles.

Yes, a bigger battery would help offset someone repeatedly draining them. I suspect most of the PHEVs with battery issues are from people cycling the battery twice a day or more.

I guess I just don't see the benefit outweighing the compromise to cost, weight, and packaging it in a PHEV where you still have to fit an ICE and battery in the same vehicle.

The Pacifica PHEV already loses stow n go seating because the battery is under the floor where the seats would fold. It weighs 5,000 lbs empty and only has a GVWR of 6,300. Put 6 average adults in it and you have 200 lbs left for cargo.

I wouldn't expect any subsidies on PHEVs in the near future - I suspect automakers will focus their efforts on putting North American sourced batteries into EVs before PHEVS.
Old 11-23-2022, 02:50 PM   #24 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Sport Utility Prius - '10 Toyota Prius II
90 day: 52.98 mpg (US)

300k Sequoia 4WD - '01 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4wd
90 day: 20.19 mpg (US)
I agree. Its like every other problem the government causes with guaranteed money.
Anyways I think the 2023 should be a great prius. I'm interested in how the mechanicals are. Gen 3 and Gen 4 were unreliable compared to the normal toyota average.
Old 11-25-2022, 01:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,178 Times in 807 Posts
I think they really fixed the Prius styling by giving it a Dodge Dart back end. I really like it. I will be checking out the price on the AWD version. I wish the Prime version was AWD like the Rav4 Prime. Oh well, I don't have a plug in anymore as I moved to an apartment.
Old 11-25-2022, 02:14 PM   #26 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,178 Times in 807 Posts

The Prius isn't exact but the dart is the first car I though of when I saw it. The Prius looks better.
Old 11-25-2022, 03:03 PM   #27 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,586 Times in 7,070 Posts
Okay, it's starting to grow on me. I think it's the body crease that points directly at the bumper cutline that leads into the tailight.

I'm still reminded of Jack Rikard [RIP] demonstrating that when he wedged himself into his Tesla he couldn't lean out far enough to reach the door to close it.

Old 11-25-2022, 07:39 PM   #28 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
Quote:
I agree a 60 mile plug in sienna would be nice. Although my parents made us stuff into a 4 door 90s sedan until we were full grown so I think a prius could work. So don't spoil those kids too much
Not to mention even smaller cars which are still widely used as family cars in other countries. Just look at Mexico for instance, where the VW Beetle and the Opel Corsa B used to be prevalent. And I still see these in Brazil, and the Fiat Uno, being often the only car available for some families.
The Following User Says Thank You to cRiPpLe_rOoStEr For This Useful Post:
hayden55 (11-25-2022)
Old 11-25-2022, 07:44 PM   #29 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Idk the old one failed the awd test so bad i would say completely avoid the "awd". Maybe its like toyota's cvt transmission, maybe their version of awd means someting different. lol
If it cant at bare minimum unstick itself on the cross test its not awd.
I think the main failure point is it needs some sort of way to simulate a front locker besides the extreme lack of power in the rear. Like how some manufacturers hold the front brake on/off to simulate a diff.

FWD is already pretty sick in snow though so no big deal. I put the hurt on 2wd trucks in my prius when it snows. 63% drive axle weight bias ftw

Honestly to me if you put an opel or vauxhall logo on the new prius i would believe you.

Last edited by hayden55; 11-25-2022 at 07:51 PM..
Old 11-25-2022, 07:53 PM   #30 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
Not to mention even smaller cars which are still widely used as family cars in other countries. Just look at Mexico for instance, where the VW Beetle and the Opel Corsa B used to be prevalent. And I still see these in Brazil, and the Fiat Uno, being often the only car available for some families.
This is what makes me laugh about California trying to ban gasoline cars and forcing everyone to buy EVs.