Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > DIY / How-to
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2009, 07:54 PM   #51 (permalink)
EcoModder!

ratatouli - '01 honda insight
Thanks guys, getting put on hold till the weekend, too much work. I'll keep you updated.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-12-2009, 07:33 PM   #52 (permalink)
EcoModder!

No work done today, street flooding in New Orleans. I did however procure the interior wiring of a 96 civic. So the "ignition harness" is actually where the main relay plugs in. The ground block is indeed missing a little metal tab and I have the under dash fuse box for the 96 civic also, which means... well I don't know yet. Either I'll replace the old fuse blocks all together, or I'll let them power the lighting and a/c heat. More studying of diagrams to do.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:21 AM   #53 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

How about this rain today in N.O.? I thought for a sec that we are going under water again. Hope you can fire the vti by 12-31.

http://imageshack.us/g/1/10087943/

http://imageshack.us/g/1/10087939/

Bought Accord 88 LX'i on ebay.com for $380
Check out our Honda build
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67592

Also check out the Scooter we bought for $300- 92MPG
http://scootdawg.proboards.com/index...y&thread=32692
Old 12-13-2009, 10:21 AM   #54 (permalink)
EcoModder!

I need to put the motor in before I do the ball joints, but the motor is at my buddy's house where the car is supposed to have been except the old motor was locked up when I went to drive it over there. So now I've gotta figure something out.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:37 PM   #55 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Im also doing this swap for a friend but didnt get an ecu for the engine. Also the block is stamped P2A. guessing autmatic? Wanted to shoot you anther good resource to help you finish your project a little sooner.Here is a link. Good Luck.
Rywire - Online Store
Call them and let them know what your trying to do.They will make a plug N play wire harness if you dont feel like making one of your own.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:20 PM   #56 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Im also going with this swap, but didnt get the ecu. Currently running the d16y8. I know the y8 single vtec pressure switch fits on the d15b head. Might try to see if that will run fine. Wish i had the P2J-003. Anyways if you dont want to bother with making your own wire harness, here is a good company to call.Rywire.com. Tell them your setup and they will make up a plug n play harness for you. Good Luck on the project and I hope you save gallons!
Old 12-18-2009, 01:46 PM   #57 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

88hf, you've inspired me to kick my cuzn's butt and make him work on his '90 crx. it's been sitting in the yard for the last 3 years gathering rust.

i'm going to share this post with him and make him do something with his beater car (he currently drives an '05 expedition as his daily driver). if not, i'll force him to give it to me and i'll work on it myself...
Old 12-18-2009, 09:07 PM   #58 (permalink)
EcoModder!

Today my car and truck disappeared from the parking lot, found out they had been towed a couple cities over because they had been in the lot too long. Signed over my truck and paid to get my car back. I hate bureaucracy! I'm just glad they weren't stolen outright never to be seen again. I had a chance to tell my truck goodbye and empty everything from it. Car should be back Monday. I'm worried it will be more work now, all the ball joints were removed when they towed it, the brakes were just wedged up on the lower arms, the wheels weren't attached, and the shift linkage was hanging on the ground. Someone stole my jackstands either the tow company or the ahole who signed to have it towed. What freakin idiots. No notice or anything! Oh well. I want my baby back!
Old 12-21-2009, 10:43 PM   #59 (permalink)
EcoModder!

Unhappy

So now the shift linkage is bent into a 'U' shape, one of the brake calipers is missing pieces and the front bumper is broken loose on one side. A**hole tow truck driver and junk yard. Really aggravated. Maybe I'll have to get a fiberglass nose now. Oh well, I don't really know, the car is looking pretty bad at this point. Need motivation and some better luck with money to get this moving again. Looks like the shift linkage was almost twisted completely off of the underbody
Old 12-21-2009, 10:48 PM   #60 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88hf View Post
So now the shift linkage is bent into a 'U' shape, one of the brake calipers is missing pieces and the front bumper is broken loose on one side. A**hole tow truck driver and junk yard. Really aggravated. Maybe I'll have to get a fiberglass nose now. Oh well, I don't really know, the car is looking pretty bad at this point. Need motivation and some better luck with money to get this moving again. Looks like the shift linkage was almost twisted completely off of the underbody
The bumper isn't a problem, they're easy to get ahold of. The shift linkage as well.

The caliper is a little harder, though. They're HF specific, I think, however, you can swap on DX knuckles and get better braking up front for not too much coin.

Reply  Post New Thread