Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > DIY / How-to
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2010, 10:58 AM   #71 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

have had computer problems. what I want is to wire up the pj2 ecu to the moter with the original wiring. have most all figured out, but erg has 3 wires and the irc has 3' what I need is where those wires hook up {pin number} in the harnes to ecu. iIn my other post I gave you my wire colors if you could photo or post it would help me a lot. almost ready to go. lol

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-02-2010, 06:26 AM   #72 (permalink)
EcoModder!

ratatouli - '01 honda insight
Search for the "obd2 ecu pinout" should get you where you need to be. Don't know if you have 2a or 2b, so its kinda something you should be able to figure out dmac! Hope you are all fired up and done by now(late response by me apologies).

I've been doing some soul-searching about this crx project. Lot of school/ work and was taking out the dash wiring from the old 90hf the other day. All in all, the a/c controls are busted and I got pissed and broke them worse. I accidentally threw away the fan motor thinking it was trash...

My thoughts have been whether or not I should just buy a newer car because the crx is starting to look like a huge endless mess. All the interior plastic is sun-bleached dash is busted, front bumper is screwed up, rear center light busted, car is just generally looking very bad. But I made a decision that I will keep on the path unless I can pick up a newer 92-98 hatch, or crx in better condition locally.

I ordered the electrical troubleshooting manual for the 90 crx and will make it available in pdf format for others once I receive it since I haven't been able to find the complete manual online anywhere else. I also ordered the 96-98 civic etm and 92 etm just to make certain all my options are covered.

I am thinking I may put the 96-00 dash in the rex with airbag delete (tray in its place). This would require a bunch of custom fab work(and custom door panels), but I'm using 96+ fuseblock and gauges and a/c controls need changing also. In general I'm just getting pissed to the point of throwing caution to the wind and getting the project back on its feet. Wiring isn't whats holding me up anymore, its the car itself and I have a ton of hours to put in to make this the most awesome car that I intend it to be.

I'm siting here surrounded by underdash/ behind dash crx, civic harnesses/ fuseboxes /ecus. To anyone else it'd look like chaos. To me its right where I love to be.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:10 PM   #73 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Keep up the good work. I am about to embark on this same project. Now, are you converting to full obd2 or just splicing in what you need. I'm going to do a total obd2 swap.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:26 AM   #74 (permalink)
EcoModder!

Well, depends on what you mean by obd2. I have both obd2a and obd2b ecu's so I could do either in case I pick up an ek to put all the goodies in. Right now plan is still on the crx. The obd2a ver doesn't require 2nd O2 sensor so its not even fully obd2a. I have all the original engine wiring harness and have spliced into 99 cabin harness. I'm going to do a 99 si dash swap as well, which I know is going to be a pain, but I've got the dash and I'm going to do it. Other than the 99 interior wiring and Vi-rs cluster, I also picked up a 99 Vi-Rs navi system last week. So, It'll be Vi-rs sweetness whatever car it ends up in. I have the electrical service manual for the 90 crx all photographed so if anyone wants a copy I could mail it on cd, but I don't have anywhere to put the 400mb of images online. I can make sections available or email if anyone just needs a certain section also. Also, have 88, 92, and 96-00 electrical troubleshooting manuals... but the 96-00 is available online already. Good luck with your project, maybe you'll be done before me. At first I was going to just throw it in and wire it up quick, but I've decided to make it nice. So its going to take time. ETA is looking like summer at some point. Doing a new lower crossmember with front engine mount, new poly mounts elsewhere, da front brakes, si axles, hf transmission. I know it won't be as quick as some people would like, but with 130hp I think the hf transmission will be fine.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:10 PM   #75 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Understood

I just bought a p2j-003 ecu from HMotorsOnline. I don't know for sure, but from the pictures, it looked like obd2a. I am going to grab a harness from a 97 civic and replace my agin '89 wire harness. I hear the alternator whine thru my speakers and I have a few electrical issues now.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:32 PM   #76 (permalink)
EcoModder!

I know that alternator whine you are talking about. Maybe all the 2nd gen rexs had that going on. A P2J-003 is obd2a I believe, P2J-J11 is obd-2b revision for manual transmission. I have a 96 civic underdash harness all wired up to my engine harness (green connector) that splits off to the ecu, just waiting to get some new d-series mounts. Was thinking 85a polyurethanes, such as these: Innovative Billet Mounts Honda Civic 96-00 K Series Engines

and replacement crossmember:

Explicit Speed Performance
The Following User Says Thank You to 88hf For This Useful Post:
Nden (06-21-2010)
Old 04-02-2010, 08:08 PM   #77 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I wanted to do new engine mounts, but I could not justify the cost. I opted for yellow polys from Energy.

I have a question about traction bars. Is there any real advantage to one besides weight reduction? The seem to be popular with the kids now a days.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:50 PM   #78 (permalink)
EcoModder!

I'm not sure that weight is reduced. Its for clearance and handling.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:09 PM   #79 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88hf View Post
I'm not sure that weight is reduced. Its for clearance and handling.
The track bar that replaces the front cross member is lighter by a few lbs, as well.

Mostly because you're getting rid a bunch of rubber gooshies, some excess hardware, and some 4lbs of extra stamped steel, and replacing it with a tube, some heim joints, and replacing the tow hooks with all of this.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #80 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks for the clarification.

Reply  Post New Thread