Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2020, 10:34 PM   #71 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,378 Times in 3,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlethargic View Post
You don't have to follow the guidelines/rules?
Pot calling the kettle black.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-16-2020, 11:24 PM   #72 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Pot calling the kettle black.
I've been actively avoiding political discussion. I don't reply with *political stuff because then I would also be breaking the guidelines/rules. That means those that post political stuff go unchallenged. And those people should be challenged- just not here.

From what I've seen, there are a few people polluting this subforum with their political posts. The result is that this subforum, on what I'd consider an environmental website and forum, has what appears to be commentary to the contrary. I'm not saying there are any requirements. Again, those that break the guidelines/rules go unchallenged unless others break the g/r, unless the political comments are reported then deleted.

* The only comment of mine that might be considered political is the one where I asked short questions in reply to a full-on political rant.

Last edited by sgtlethargic; 10-16-2020 at 11:49 PM..
Old 10-16-2020, 11:29 PM   #73 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
I want it to be about science. The believers have turned it into its own religion with a political party.
To see the future of following the false idol of global warming all you have to do look to California. Electricity is some of the most expensive in the nation, rolling blackouts are expected, the whole state is on fire from one end to the other, gas is nearly $4 a gallon.
For all that expense what do you get in return?
The top 6 or 7 spots for worst air pollution in the nation, even when they are not on fire. More than half of residents saying they have thought about leaving the state. Most of the people who can afford to leave already have.
Companies are leaving and avoiding the state.
Translation:
Quote:
I want it to be about science. [Political rant, mostly about California.]
Old 10-16-2020, 11:59 PM   #74 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,378 Times in 3,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlethargic View Post
The only comment of mine that might be considered political is the one where I asked short questions in reply to a full-on political rant.
So you admit to breaking the rules. Fine by me, I've never mod alerted for anything but spam.

Instead of responding with evidence, you scrutinize the rules and call foul? Weak-sauce. I want the full heat.

Quote:
The result is that this subforum, on what I'd consider an environmental website and forum, has what appears to be commentary to the contrary.
Sounds like a perception problem. To one observer, healthy environment is one which maximizes wellness to polar bears; to another it might be one that maximizes wellness to humans.

My interpretation of the forum was that it was concerned with efficiency.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
Old 10-16-2020, 11:59 PM   #75 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
"Think of them more as guidelines."

Quote:
* The only comment of mine that might be considered political is the one where I asked short questions in reply to a full-on political rant.
This one?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by myself
The Coof. Corona-chan.
Huh?
funny cartoons are political?

Old 10-17-2020, 12:47 AM   #76 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
So you admit to breaking the rules. Fine by me, I've never mod alerted for anything but spam.

Instead of responding with evidence, you scrutinize the rules and call foul? Weak-sauce. I want the full heat.

Sounds like a perception problem. To one observer, healthy environment is one which maximizes wellness to polar bears; to another it might be one that maximizes wellness to humans.

My interpretation of the forum was that it was concerned with efficiency.
Chuckle.
Old 10-17-2020, 02:02 AM   #77 (permalink)
Corporate imperialist

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,522 Times in 2,796 Posts
So politics is the reason why California is a disaster?
I couldn't agree more and you accidentally made a valid point.
Old 10-17-2020, 02:05 AM   #78 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5
Chuckle.
Is corona-chan not funny to you?

Old 10-17-2020, 02:39 AM   #79 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Why do parts of California have such bad air pollution?
Sources of air pollution in California include vehicular emissions, demand for energy production through fossil fuels, and household energy consumption as well as wildfires as a prominent natural cause. Areas of relatively dense populations often experience higher daily pollution levels as a result of increased traffic, industry, and domestic emissions. Locations in or near the Klamath, Sierra-Nevada, and Coastal mountains, among numerous other mountainous areas, are more likely to experience elevated pollution levels as a result of wildfires, despite having less pollution most of the year.

California’s most populous cities, including Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose, and San Francisco, are all located near California’s coastal mountain ranges. Here, westerly sea breezes can create a pollution-trapping effect in which emissions blown inland become trapped by the mountains, inversion layers, and stagnant air. Without a means for dispersion, pollution accumulates in the coastal valleys.3

Warm temperatures and abundant sunshine, for which California’s coast is known, bake nitrogen oxides and volatile organic compounds, creating ozone. As summer temperatures rise, as they have in recent years, so too do California’s ozone levels.

In addition to ozone, warming temperatures have also contributed to California’s rising PM2.5 levels. Increasingly hot and dry conditions have drastically increased the threat of California wildfires. Since 1970, the number of annual burned acreage has risen eightfold, while over the same time period summer temperatures have increased by 2.5 degrees.4
https://www.iqair.com/us/usa/california
Old 10-17-2020, 02:46 AM   #80 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Choose the Right Synonym for hostility
Quote:
ENMITY, HOSTILITY, ANTIPATHY, ANTAGONISM, ANIMOSITY, RANCOR, ANIMUS mean deep-seated dislike or ill will. ENMITY suggests positive hatred which may be open or concealed. an unspoken enmity HOSTILITY suggests an enmity showing itself in attacks or aggression. hostility between the two nations ANTIPATHY and ANTAGONISM imply a natural or logical basis for one's hatred or dislike, ANTIPATHY suggesting repugnance, a desire to avoid or reject, and ANTAGONISM suggesting a clash of temperaments leading readily to hostility. a natural antipathy for self-seekers antagonism between the brothers ANIMOSITY suggests intense ill will and vindictiveness that threaten to kindle hostility. animosity that led to revenge RANCOR is especially applied to bitter brooding over a wrong. rancor filled every line of his letters ANIMUS adds to animosity the implication of strong prejudice. objections devoid of personal animus

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
climate change, cringe, lies, scam