Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now
 

Reply  Post New Thread
 
Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2020, 12:26 AM   #91 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Earth
Posts: 501
Thanks: 21
Thanked 111 Times in 83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I disagree, and am willing to support my position with data.
The cons given are completely different- how would data help? The nuclear cons are much worse.
Quote:
Every decision carries infinite opportunity cost.
Freebeard tried floating opportunity costs. In context, what does that really mean?
Quote:
We’ll never get to eat our cake and have it too.
How is that saying relevant?

  Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

   
Old 10-18-2020, 12:57 AM   #92 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
freebeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: northwest of normal
Posts: 17,184
Thanks: 4,600
Thanked 5,751 Times in 4,586 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by myself
Not speaking for oilpan4, but I go with, in corporate-speak, "Past performance does not guarantee future results"
How is that relevant?
One could apply it to the situation?

Quote:
Freebeard tried floating opportunity costs. In context, what does that really mean?
Same as any other context. Do you find it hard to empathize with other people?

Quote:
If nuclear power (electricity generation) had its major cons eliminated, that'd be great. Radioactive waste, finite fuel source, ... safety, and ... safety are the big ones that come to mind.
I could research this and document it, but it's late. Just research and you will find that newer (4th and 5th gen) reactors can eat high-level waste, operate more efficiently at higher temps, and Thorium is abundant. IIRC the thorium in coal could produce more power than burning it.
__________________
.

We are operating at an overall mechanical efficiency of only four percent… Therefore, we find that if we increase the overall mechanical efficiency to only twelve percent we can take care of everybody. That three-fold increase in the overall efficiency can only be accomplished by redesign. – R. Buckminster Fuller

_________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 01:16 AM   #93 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Earth
Posts: 501
Thanks: 21
Thanked 111 Times in 83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Do you find it hard to empathize with other people?
If you're asking this directly: I'd say I empathize more than most others do, and not just with people.
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sgtlethargic For This Useful Post:
freebeard (10-18-2020)
Old 10-18-2020, 02:17 AM   #94 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
freebeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: northwest of normal
Posts: 17,184
Thanks: 4,600
Thanked 5,751 Times in 4,586 Posts
Quote:
I'd say I empathize more than most others do
How do you know that?
__________________
.

We are operating at an overall mechanical efficiency of only four percent… Therefore, we find that if we increase the overall mechanical efficiency to only twelve percent we can take care of everybody. That three-fold increase in the overall efficiency can only be accomplished by redesign. – R. Buckminster Fuller

_________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 02:28 AM   #95 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Earth
Posts: 501
Thanks: 21
Thanked 111 Times in 83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
How do you know that?
Is there a good reason for this line of questioning?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 12:39 PM   #96 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
freebeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: northwest of normal
Posts: 17,184
Thanks: 4,600
Thanked 5,751 Times in 4,586 Posts
How does it feel?
__________________
.

We are operating at an overall mechanical efficiency of only four percent… Therefore, we find that if we increase the overall mechanical efficiency to only twelve percent we can take care of everybody. That three-fold increase in the overall efficiency can only be accomplished by redesign. – R. Buckminster Fuller

_________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 01:05 PM   #97 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Earth
Posts: 501
Thanks: 21
Thanked 111 Times in 83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
How does it feel?
Well, it feels like the entire Ecomodder forum has very little participation.

My back and neck feel really good since I've been arching backwards on this big "air pillow" thing. It's easier to get done than yoga is, which also feels good, but this is better in some ways. I can literally feel my hips, back, and neck relaxing.

My energy and mood feel better since I figured out my macronutrient balance was off (too much carbohydrate) and made changes.

And hopefully my ears will stop itching so much since I just used one of those little kits to clean and irrigate. LOL.

It feels pretty good to feel pretty good.

How about you?

Last edited by sgtlethargic; 10-18-2020 at 01:35 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 01:27 PM   #98 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
freebeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: northwest of normal
Posts: 17,184
Thanks: 4,600
Thanked 5,751 Times in 4,586 Posts
"How is that relevant?"
__________________
.

We are operating at an overall mechanical efficiency of only four percent… Therefore, we find that if we increase the overall mechanical efficiency to only twelve percent we can take care of everybody. That three-fold increase in the overall efficiency can only be accomplished by redesign. – R. Buckminster Fuller

_________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 02:03 PM   #99 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Earth
Posts: 501
Thanks: 21
Thanked 111 Times in 83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
"How is that relevant?"
Well, you asked a broad/vague question ...
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 03:32 PM   #100 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
freebeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: northwest of normal
Posts: 17,184
Thanks: 4,600
Thanked 5,751 Times in 4,586 Posts
Are we there yet?

__________________
.

We are operating at an overall mechanical efficiency of only four percent… Therefore, we find that if we increase the overall mechanical efficiency to only twelve percent we can take care of everybody. That three-fold increase in the overall efficiency can only be accomplished by redesign. – R. Buckminster Fuller

_________________
  Reply With Quote
Reply  Post New Thread


Tags
climate change, lies, scam

Thread Tools




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com