Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hybrids
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2013, 02:40 AM   #151 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thank you, PerryJack, for that information! Please do tell us which vendor Jeff bought the bad battery from, when you find out.

KingKong variously claims to have "101-200," or "more than 300," or "500-549" employees. Their web site is www.szkingkong.com. But I don't really care much how large or small they are, what I care about is their integrity and the quality of the their products.

Yabo has a nice-looking web site: www.brandbattery.com

Last edited by ncdave4life; 02-25-2013 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: KingKong links
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-25-2013, 03:04 AM   #152 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryjack View Post
just call, Jeff is out for holiday, can't give supplier name now.
ok, for warranty, the supplier gave him 1 year warranty, but you know it was from China...
I don't know the details, but I know finally he cannot get even one dollar back.
In other forum, I heard that the "K's" company saying they were big manufacturer, but finally somebody posted the photo showing it was simply a trading company with 3 guys.
Will update news later.
This is Sucre from KingKong Electronics, One of my American friend told me that someone is saying bad words to our company, that's why I come here.

Perryjack, who is Jeff? please offer me his full name, please forgive me but I have nerver heard of the guy named Jeff.
"I don't know the details, but I know finally he cannot get even one dollar back" Please kindly ask your friend about the details, I have great interest to know that. Please do tell me.

"finally somebody posted the photo showing it was simply a trading company with 3 guys", how much do you know our company, can't you find that we are gold memember of Alibaba and Global sources for 5 years?

PerryJack, from Singapore,I alreay know who you are, you are the same guy as''Perry'' on the Insight central froum, who have been saying bad words to us, please have basic morality for business.

Last edited by Sucre; 02-25-2013 at 03:20 AM..
Old 02-25-2013, 03:18 AM   #153 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

[QUOTE=ncdave4life;357456]Thank you, PerryJack, for that information! Please do tell us which vendor Jeff bought the bad battery from, when you find out.

Yabo has a nice-looking web site: Pardon? Who tell you guys we don't have our own website?

I will list our website here when I have 5 posts here, besides you can search supplier name on Alibaba and Global sources, we are both 5th year gold members.

Since you mentioned so much about "Yobo", cann't you find they are the 1st year member to Alibaba and Global sources? Unfortunately I have to say, I have nerver heard of this company until last year, that means they are new,do you understand, if you check the product on their Alibaba website, you can only reach one guy named Johnson Jia, do you know what it means?
When you reach our Alibaba website, you can at least reach 5 sale staff? do you still think we have only 3 persons?

On the InsightCentral forum, I just sent few single D cells to test, they didn't test our sticks,that is few months ago, we have been improving our product.

they don't test our sticks
Old 02-25-2013, 03:32 AM   #154 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I wonder what Yabo is doing about the PTC thermistor strips?

I also wonder how much they really matter. Do other HEVs have them in their batteries?[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone can supply PTC strips except removing from the old batteries.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:42 AM   #155 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD2000 View Post
The last link I put in my earlier e-mail was a disassembly of the King Kong cells, and this is typical for the 10AH cells in the market.

They can put out 10Ah, but only at 2-4C, and will burn up if used in Hybrid cars.
Many cells from china were evaluated before the MaxIMA cells were found.
Mike, I adimit you are professional in hybrid technoloy, and you disassembled our D cells, but you didn't test it, 2-4C? I remember Eli tested them under 100A discharge, that is only 2-4C? although the internal construction of our cell need improved, but that doesn't mean our cell support only 2-4C. It is unfair.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:50 AM   #156 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Also, I wonder how you know that Yabo is using substandard/reject cells? Did someone (who?) tell you that? Did you buy & test some of their battery sticks? Or is it just a suspicion?

Dave[/QUOTE]

I am from KingKong Electronics in China, so is Yabo, Frankly speaking, Yabo company is new, but I don't think their sticks are assembled from Rejected cells, since they offer 5 year warranty on their stick, I appreciate that.

Eli seems to have prejudice on our Chinese suppliers.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:54 AM   #157 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Our KingKong's website is www.szkingkong.com

For hrbird batteries, there are too many business competitors, let us please compete in a right way, do never say bad words behind.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:02 AM   #158 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryjack View Post
My friend from CO got his battery of usd1000 (plus some money for freight) from one chinese supplier. It worked fine at first month, and he failed in 2nd month.
He told me that was the cell imbalance reason.
He now uses Eli product and it is fine so far (over 6 months).
According to my judgement, I think Perry and Eli must be very " good friends", or the same guy.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:24 AM   #159 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

so you see, that is the result of a very simple forum discussion.
I will not reply to this thread again, why should I? I am here to collect information and doing business only, not to fight.
Before I leave, I can tell you, I am not Eli and I have NEVER seen Eli before.

ok, stop here.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:04 PM   #160 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

There's also a core-swap new battery deal from eBay seller "w--x--y--z" for $2000 + $180 s&h (and a core deposit). My best guess is that they're Yabo batteries, but I asked him that question, and he wouldn't tell me. His reply was: "We prefer not to advertise our suppliers, but can assure you that they are an industry leading manufacturer of NiMH batteries. We are confident that our replacement batteries match or surpass any other on the market in terms of both quality and value."

"w--x--y--z" must be selling Insight/Civic HEV batteries successfully because he also has a lot of used battery sticks for sale on eBay (for $25 + s&h), and he has an excellent eBay feedback rating. However, I see no eBay feedbacks for replacement battery packs, and only one feedback for a used battery stick, so his battery replacement work has probably been mostly local (Las Vegas, Nevada) jobs.

----------------

Update: it turns out that w--x--y--z's photo of a lot of used batteries was plagiarized from someone else. He's since removed it from his eBay listing.

Last edited by ncdave4life; 02-25-2013 at 08:53 PM..
Reply  Post New Thread