Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2020, 03:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Patient idealized by most doctors :

Yeah, wel... not just money they want. If you know what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjackstone View Post
I read the book "Roadmap to 100" by Walter Bortz MD several years ago. He also advocates fewer drugs and more exercise to live well. My favorite story in the book was when he was relating his experience when giving a presentation to a room full of doctors about a new drug that was able to increase blood flow by either growing or expanding arteries. He said the same result could be obtained through regular exercise. One of the doctors told him after the presentation that he couldn't make any money from people exercising. And that is where most doctors' heads are. Have to make money. JJ

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-17-2020, 07:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,572 Times in 7,058 Posts
I was about to give up on the thread until:

Monday should be interesting, Antifa and the Oathkeepers are going to march side-by-side against Gov. Northam in Virginia.

Old 01-17-2020, 07:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

What he did to turn leaft and rightrs wings against hin???

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
I was about to give up on the thread until:

Monday should be interesting, Antifa and the Oathkeepers are going to march side-by-side against Gov. Northam in Virginia.
Old 01-17-2020, 08:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

He has a history, post-birth abortions and blackface in old photos.

But when The Democrats swept the field in the last election, they announced contravening the Second Amendment. (He's state governor) 85% of Virginia's counties have adopted the Left's sanctuary policy and declared themselves 2A sanctuary counties. (in the USofA counties are the locus of power, not states or the Federal government) West Virginia has pointed out that some Virginian counties have the option (since the 1800s) to join West Virginia. Which would re-draw state boundaries.

The state is bringing in mobile sniper towers to reinforce a wall around the Capital grounds. The logical rebuttal is to use snipers to take out their electrical transformers and lay siege.

What's interesting is the Southern Antifa aren't as militant as the PNW Antifa.

Old 01-19-2020, 12:54 AM   #15 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 31.19 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I read a book by John Taylor Gatto saying that public education should involve sending kids to experience different lines of work and eventually apprentice somewhere that would lead to a job.

I forget who wrote the book that argued that A.D.H.D. doesn't exist, it is always a misdiagnosis of other conditions. It may have been behavioral neurologist Dr. Richard Saul.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:55 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

A.D.H.D exits, but diagnosis it's a garbage, like most things in psychiatry.

They fail to diagnosis early real A.D.H.D, and also states that a lot of children without A.D.H.D as having A.D.H.D.

And they just give drugs, in a age child brain it's developping.

If it could be early and right diagnosed it would be easier and maybe treated by behavior therapy, stimulus to exercise, playing, nature contact, with fewer or no drugs.
Problby a life "in cage" and fill with eletronics and without live air playing around with other kids, plus parenths ansiety and neurosis of hurry modern life, it's increasing the number of kids with A.D.H.D. Perhaps even high sugar intake too, since it estimulates the brain as a compulsion.

I'm sure that 40 years ago there were more kids with A.D.H.D than they thought back then, since there were fewer right diagnosis of positive. But It's problaly the real incidence today it's quite higher than the real incidence of 50 years ago.

Anyway medicine it's almost always a garbage. They are treating something they don't even know for sure what it is and it develops, using drugs they don't fully know how work in very long term.

And in the end you have doctors making a lot of money prescribing drugs like crazy, even for kids without A.D.H.D. "Take a pill and get away from me."
And you have doctors making movey selling books and lectures saying that A.D.H.D do not exists.
Garbage field!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
I read a book by John Taylor Gatto saying that public education should involve sending kids to experience different lines of work and eventually apprentice somewhere that would lead to a job.

I forget who wrote the book that argued that A.D.H.D. doesn't exist, it is always a misdiagnosis of other conditions. It may have been behavioral neurologist Dr. Richard Saul.

Last edited by All Darc; 01-19-2020 at 10:06 AM..
Old 01-19-2020, 01:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
Not Doug

The V.A. diagnosed me with A.D.H.D., but all that Ritalin did was cause me to fail my urinalysis with the National Guard.

I am a very calm person. Is this with or without amphetamines?

Ritalin, or something like it, supposedly helps everyone. People with it improve. People without it gain super powers.

I have not figured out what caffeine does for me, either. One time I was driving my family to Phoenix, I had difficulty staying awake, and so I drank at least two litres of diet Coke.

I felt like I had a worse time staying awake, but there is no way to know.
Old 01-19-2020, 02:38 PM   #18 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Ritalin, or something like it, supposedly helps everyone. People with it improve. People without it gain super powers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Methylphenidate, sold under the trade name Ritalin among others, is a stimulant medication used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy.[2] It is a first line medication for ADHD.[2] It may be taken by mouth or applied to the skin....

Common side effects include trouble sleeping, decreased appetite, anxiety, and weight loss.[2] More serious side effects may include psychosis, allergic reactions, prolonged erections, abuse, and heart problems. [2] Methylphenidate is believed to work by blocking dopamine and norepinephrine reuptake by neurons.[5][6] Methylphenidate is a central nervous system (CNS) stimulant of the phenethylamine and piperidine classes.[2][7]

... It is estimated that in 2013, 2.4 billion doses of methylphenidate were taken worldwide.[9] About 80% of this was taken by people in the United States, making it the 47th most prescribed medication there.[9][10] It is available as a generic medication.[2] In the United States, the wholesale cost of the immediate release formulation is less than US$0.30 per dose as of 2018.[11]
Are you sure you're not thinking of psilocybin?

Old 01-19-2020, 03:18 PM   #19 (permalink)
Not Doug

Clearly you know more about that, I just know what I was prescribed.

Abuse is a side-effect? Abusing it or other people?

So, addiction?

After I posted that I read that if an A.D.H.D. medication does not help, increase the dosage until either it helps or makes your kid a crybaby. If the maximum dosage doesn't help, repeat with every A.D.H.D. medication. If none of them help, get reevaluated for another condition.

I believe they mentioned depression and bipolar disorder.

Science!
Old 01-19-2020, 03:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Clearly you know more about that, I just know what I was prescribed.
I didn't even know how to spell it, I had to rely on autocomplete.

I do know a little about psilocybin. Scott Adams is today repeating his psycho-modding his audience. Today it's decreasing the anxiety about outliving their pets. Episode 792.

edit:
Quote:
Abuse is a side-effect?
Makes more sense without the leading comma?

Reply  Post New Thread