Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Success Stories
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #21 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Frogger - '00 Honda Insight Gas Only (unHybrid)
90 day: 68.51 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatta4 View Post
And what's your photobucket NoD? I wanna check the rest of your stuff out...
Pictures by nodestiny - Photobucket

Good to see other Idaho members on here as well!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #22 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

F Truck - '77 Ford F100 2x4, single cab, lwb
90 day: 8.75 mpg (US)

Bombodore - '98 Holden Commodore Exec Wagon
90 day: 21.35 mpg (US)

Civic - '93 Honda Civic GL
90 day: 36.62 mpg (US)

Jim The Prius - '09 Toyota Prius
90 day: 36.66 mpg (US)
the pods were full fiberglass and sealed, i think about 2.5L from memory, my current daily (the F100) is getting more extreme dash work with a full custom facia, so far it has the same tang bands and SB acoustics SB29RDNC tweeters running active off the head unit and a Fusion Encounter 10" sub in a tapped horn as the center console running off a Schneider 85w 2 channel

not as energy efficient or light as my previous setup but sounds much better already, still need a lot of work done on the dash speakers to get them more on axis and in appropriatly sized ported enclosures and i think il redo the sub as im not happy with the low end extension (below 35hz lol)

(Posted in 2020) 2009 Prius Off Road project: https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthre...ide-38366.html

(Posted in 2012) 1977 F100 Project: http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tml#post310326
Old 07-25-2012, 11:05 AM   #23 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Frogger - '00 Honda Insight Gas Only (unHybrid)
90 day: 68.51 mpg (US)
The sub I had in my 04 Neon was the Dayton Reference HF 10" from PartsExpress. I highly recommend this sub for soundquality at a great price. It was hard to distort and offered down to 20hz and beyond in a mid-sized sealed box (I want to say .8 cubes, but I can't recall for sure). Here's a link to it... http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=295-460

Just a tip for those who want an efficient subwoofer... one thing to note is that a lot high-end car audio subwoofers aim for huge amounts of power handling anymore. To do this, they tighten up the sub, causing it's efficiency to plummet. Not all high end subs do this, but if you see "2000 watts RMS power handling", chances are, it isn't going to do very well with little power and isn't going to be very efficient.

I'm still trying to research a sub to use in this car... though, I put in Parkway Drive the other day and the low end punch on the kick was outstanding! Must be centered around my ~60hz peak. Anywho, finding the right size subwoofer that is light-weight (neodymium magnet structure is most likely required) with a very efficient 1watt/1meter rating is going to be tough, but I'm in no hurry. I'm just too picky about that "perfectly flat response"... even though there isn't such a thing in a car! Car stereo is just a beast to get sounding good compared to home audio.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:15 PM   #24 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Pantry Boy Supreme (pbs) - '04 Volvo S80 T6 Premier
tang band W8-740P in 17" wide, Bill Fitzmaurice Autotuba(folded horn)... 44lbs total LP at 90hz to 30hz cut-off

"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." Robert M Pirsig.
Reply  Post New Thread