Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2018, 03:12 PM   #101 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
talking about

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I like the other points you made, but what in the world are you talking about here?

People slashing and burning rain forests aren't poor because us greedy people have robbed them and driven them to poverty; they were never wealthy in the first place. It's their adoption of technology that has allowed them to quickly destroy forests for short-term profits. See any similarity with that behavior and the rest of humanity?
*The impoverished,subsistence level families,living on the margins of the rain forest are trying to survive.If I were them I'd be doing exactly the same.It is what it is.
*Compared to the 'burning' I and my neighbors are doing each year,you wouldn't even be able to discern what the poor people are doing.The signal-to-noise ratio would be too vast.
*From beyond our solar system you would conceivably be able to see what the 'civilized' people were doing.The entire planet would be smoke and fire.A single yellow pixel as viewed from Voyager.

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-25-2018, 03:33 PM   #102 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
MK,Sheeple,TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
I thought at the time that the hippys were an 'organic' movement; turns out it was MK-ULTA the whole time. Then the Sexual Revolution achieved it's goals and immediately shut down. Sheeple all right.

I'm not so sure now. View counts for the mainstream media on Youtube are pathetic. I haven't watched TV (except when I visit friends) since 1975.
It's been a weird movie!
If you experiment on GIs and get caught,you might have to pay damages to the survivors.
If you experiment on civilians you may be able to escape responsibility.
Sheeple for sure!
One reason to watch TV is exclusively to watch the advertising.You'll soon know who's boots the Network's licking,and why their editors screen out any news content that might make their underwriters squirm.Even the meteorologists have to be very careful not to say certain things.You don't want the viewers connecting any dots.Especially now.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:35 PM   #103 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,585 Times in 7,069 Posts
What a long, strange trip it's been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjackstone
Not trying to be too political, but under the current administration it appears the only rule of law is at the whim of the politician in charge. Probably true in all administrations, but so much more blatant in this one.
Two movies on one screen. The alternative movie is that the pieces are carefully being put in place. Then finally, after the public has be informed (red-pilled), in January 2019 treasonous civilians go under the jurisdiction of the military tribunals.

Old 07-25-2018, 10:48 PM   #104 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
Psychologists have said that many developed countries are inhabited only by emotional-thinking,consumers,who race from purchase to purchase,locked in an endless cycle of hedonic adaptation,flooding their dopamine receptors with every swipe of their credit card.
How you would get them out of their,now,7,000-lb SUV,and into some sustainable transportation technology is beyond me.
I'm not sure if 'styling' would be enough.
Remember when the Prius was the car of choice for most celebretards? Well, maybe it's harder to convince a pro-gun redneck who eats beef everyday and daily-drives a full-size truck to pull ghost-trailers and roll coal to get rid of an "environmental-unfriendly" vehicle than it might be to do the same with a pro-abortion, anti-gun vegan with a liberal arts degree. But anyway, the existence of the so-called "Prius Patriots" who switched to hybrids because they see it as a way to decrease America's dependence on oil sourced from war-torn countries often hostile to American people in general might be a sign that it's challenging but not impossible to change the mindset of a large chunk of the new-car customer base.

Quote:
Wherever you are,just watch commercial television broadcast advertising to see inside the minds of those who'll decide the future.People obey television.
Have you ever watched a British documentary titled "Brazil: Beyond the Citizen Kane"? Even though it has a leftie bias and has been released at least 25 years ago, its accuracy to this day is frightening to say the least...
The Following User Says Thank You to cRiPpLe_rOoStEr For This Useful Post:
aerohead (07-28-2018)
Old 07-26-2018, 02:07 AM   #105 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
But of course,climate change is just s Chinese hoax.Right?
Ever since they purchased it from the Western Imperialist Swine back in 2008, in exchange for Illuminati Gold.

Back in College, denying climate change was the domain of the Ultra-left. Decrying the western conspiracy to smother the growing economic power of developing countries.

Nowadays, it's the Ultra-right, decrying it as a globalist-leftist conspiracy to weaken American industrial might.

I chortle at that abrupt about-face.
The Following User Says Thank You to niky For This Useful Post:
aerohead (07-28-2018)
Old 07-26-2018, 02:26 AM   #106 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

[copy]cRiPpLe_rOoStEr[paste] — Not yet. It's not hard to find.

edit: Xuxa!

Last edited by freebeard; 07-26-2018 at 02:32 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (07-28-2018)
Old 07-26-2018, 05:16 AM   #107 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by niky View Post
Back in College, denying climate change was the domain of the Ultra-left. Decrying the western conspiracy to smother the growing economic power of developing countries.

Nowadays, it's the Ultra-right, decrying it as a globalist-leftist conspiracy to weaken American industrial might.
I don't really buy into that climate change bandwagon, but most of the self-proclaimed "environmentalists" at least here in Brazil are more concerned about how much damage they can do to the economy. But anyway, I am favorable to a more intense usage of biofuels (including ethanol) and other industrial agriculture approaches that usually get some fierce opposition from the left wing.
The Following User Says Thank You to cRiPpLe_rOoStEr For This Useful Post:
aerohead (07-28-2018)
Old 07-26-2018, 08:53 AM   #108 (permalink)
Corporate imperialist

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,802 Posts
I believe that the US is now the worlds largest oil exporter.
We aren't importing aloha snack bar oil any more.

I drive a leaf because I was getting tired of spending money on gas. Have more money for goods for the future.
I rather do other things with that money like complete my well project and tie the house into my 16 inch bore agricultural well, install grid tied solar, buy gold, silver, platinum, rhodium, portable fireams silencers, 40mm grenade launcher.

Last edited by oil pan 4; 07-26-2018 at 09:00 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to oil pan 4 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (07-28-2018)
Old 07-26-2018, 11:12 AM   #109 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,391 Times in 3,365 Posts
LoL

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (07-28-2018)
Old 07-26-2018, 12:33 PM   #110 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I used to carry a 40mm grenade launcher in The Nam. ...With a double-0 buckshot round in the chamber.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (07-28-2018)
Reply  Post New Thread