Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 02:43 AM   #21 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Sorry for the lack of updates, it's been super busy..because I just secured a 92' VX!! Made the trip from Chicago to just past Grand Rapids, Michigan to get the car; I lucked out having such a nice VX almost nextdoor. Anyway, I'll be making a bigger post, complete with pictures and all, but as for right now, I just wanted to announce that I got an awesome VX and to give a special thanks to everyone in the community who helped me out with great info, advice, and access to an auto checker site. Cheers!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-08-2012, 02:58 AM   #22 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 40.51 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,553 Posts
I'm so jealous, reading posts about people picking up VX's left and right! Florida is terrible for finding good economy cars!

My grandparents live in Arkansas and the going rate for first-gen Insights seems to be $3-4k there, while I can't find one in the whole state of Florida for less than $8000.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:13 AM   #23 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Rusty crusty trusty - '94 Honda Civic Cx
90 day: 36.13 mpg (US)

Vx - '92 Honda Civic Vx
90 day: 49.97 mpg (US)
Yeah but no rust in Florida. Up here in the rust belt they might be cheep but they usually also have serious cancer. I almost went to south or north carolinia to get a pristine vx and it wasn't much money. All about patitence.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:22 AM   #24 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Rusty is generally correct; up here cars even 10+ years old are starting to get eaten if they weren't looked after properly. Not being biased, but this one I bought is awfully pristine for initially being a Montana, Michigan, and now Illinois car. When I take the pics I'll be sure to try to snap some good ones of the underbody and what not--it's surprisingly clean with no rust-through whatsoever.

Ecky, I was actually going to take a one-way flight to anywhere extended-distance from me and drive the car back if it was the right one. Might wanna find your Insight in Arkansas, buy the car, visit the parents, and road trip it on back home if that makes any sense to your time/schedule! Reminds me of the daunting roadtrip my wife and I made from Chicago to Key West and back..ahh I miss south Florida...

Last edited by MickZ; 12-08-2012 at 08:29 AM..
Old 12-17-2012, 02:54 PM   #25 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I haven't gotten a moment's rest since coming back with the car. Anyway, I guess I should start a new thread since this tread veered off the context of its title. I'll be posting once I upload the pics to my pc.

If the mods want me to keep it in this thread, please say so, otherwise feel free to close this one! Thanks.

Reply  Post New Thread