Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2022, 09:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 42.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic View Post
I have a link open to a Peer Reviewed, Published paper that references 57 other Peer Reviewed, Published papers from various universities and research institutes, on this subject.

Sadly I cant post it yet. Its named:
A STUDY ON THE EFFECT OF MAGNETIC FIELD ON THE PROPERTIES AND COMBUSTION OF HYDROCARBON FUELS
and its on Researchgate.

I'm surprised at the lack of such references, here..?
No shortage of opinions though!
It isn't an opinion that gasoline is nonpolar, and is largely non-paramagnetic, sadly.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-09-2022, 11:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Here's two links to researchgate and four reposts: duckduckgo.com/?q=A+STUDY+ON+THE+EFFECT+OF+MAGNETIC+FIELD+ON+THE+ PROPERTIES+AND+COMBUSTION+OF+HYDROCARBON+FUELS+Res earchgate&ia=web

I have no opinion, just trying to be helpful.

Old 08-10-2022, 04:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
It isn't an opinion that gasoline is nonpolar, and is largely non-paramagnetic, sadly.
I cant argue that.
I can argue that well equipped, scientifically rigorous studies are being done on the effect of magnetic fields on HCs and being published after peer review.

So the question is... Why..?
Old 08-10-2022, 04:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Here's two links to researchgate and four reposts: duckduckgo.com/?q=A+STUDY+ON+THE+EFFECT+OF+MAGNETIC+FIELD+ON+THE+ PROPERTIES+AND+COMBUSTION+OF+HYDROCARBON+FUELS+Res earchgate&ia=web

I have no opinion, just trying to be helpful.
Thx
Old 08-11-2022, 11:07 AM   #15 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
'ionizer'

Quote:
Originally Posted by drossdarkblood View Post
Do fuel ionizer really work? And if so do you know a good reputatable company that uses them?
If one 'ionizes' fuel, it's no longer 'fuel'.
Not only have you destroyed the long-chain hydrocarbons which constituted the fuel itself, you've destroyed the very carbon and hydrogen atoms they were made of.
You'd essentially have 'plasma.'
Free electrons, protons, and neutrons.
Engines can't operate on those.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When discussing a 'fuel', some other type of adjectives need to be in play. 'Ionization' doesn't cut it!
Old 08-11-2022, 12:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Prius Experiment - '07 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 58.52 mpg (US)
Just FYI, Researchgate is not a peer reviewed science journal. It's a social media site. They also seem to have an ongoing issue with "academic pollution". So I would take anything published on that site with a grain of salt.

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...ific_community
Old 08-11-2022, 12:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
'magnetism'

Gasoline is 'paramagnetic'.
When exposed to a magnetic field it WILL align itself 'weakly' with the field lines, HOWEVER, once past the 'reach' ( inverse-square-law ) of the magnetic field, resorts to a completely randomized, chaotic orientation.
In modern, high-swirl combustion chambers, the very suggestion that an inline magnet could affect the combustion process is completely asinine.
Ecky (08-11-2022)
Old 08-20-2022, 09:51 AM   #18 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
Gasoline is 'paramagnetic'.
When exposed to a magnetic field it WILL align itself 'weakly' with the field lines, HOWEVER, once past the 'reach' ( inverse-square-law ) of the magnetic field, resorts to a completely randomized, chaotic orientation.
In modern, high-swirl combustion chambers, the very suggestion that an inline magnet could affect the combustion process is completely asinine.
Hmmm... ok..?

I'm heading out of my depth here, so perhaps you can help me critique this paper:
https://www.researchgate.net/publica...-Stroke_Engine

Some quotes:
"...Magnetic fuel treatment works on the principle of magnetic field interaction with hydrocarbon molecules of fuel and oxygen molecules. Liquid fuel is a mixture of organic chemical compounds consisted predominantly of carbon and hydrogen atoms - hydrocarbons. Due to various physical attraction forces, they form densely packed structures called pseudo compounds which can further organize into clusters or associations [8]. These structures are relatively stable and during air/fuel mixing process, oxygen atoms cannot penetrate into their interior. The access of appropriate quantities of oxygen to the interior of these molecular groups (associations) is thus hindered. This result in the incomplete combustion of fuel in the interior of such associations and causes the formation of carbon particles and carbon monoxide as well as increased quantities of hydrocarbons emitted into the environment [9]. It is now well accepted that a hydrocarbon fuel can be polarized by exposure to external force such as magnetism. The effect of such magnetism is the production of a moment created by the movement of the outer electrons of a hydrocarbon chain moving the electrons into states of higher principal quantum number. This state effectively breaks down the fixed valance electrons that partake in the bonding process of the fuel compounds. These states create the condition for freer association of fuel particulars. In so doing, the hydrocarbon fuel becomes directionalized or aligned which does not necessarily create new hydrocarbon chains but more explainable aligns the conduced magnetic moment into a dipole relationship within itself. This magnetic alignment then permits rapid bonding with the respective oxidizing media. The result of which is, of course, more complete and rapid burning of the hydrocarbon fuel [10, 11]. Hydrocarbon molecules treated with a high magnetic field tend to de-cluster forming smaller associates with higher specific surface for the reaction with oxygen leading to improved combustion. In accordance with van der waals discovery of a weak clustering force, there is a strong binding of hydrocarbons with oxygen in such magnetized fuel, which ensures optimal burning of the mixture in the engine chamber..."

"...fuel have been taken and exposed to a magnetic field with different intensities (2000, 4000.6000, 9000) Gauss without retention time within the system of magnetization..."

"...Because the molecular attraction energy of non polar hydrocarbon is determined by group vibrational frequency, so a conclusion can be easily reached that the higher the frequency the lower the absolute value of molecular attraction energy, or, the lower the group attraction energy. Thus, it can be deduced that the molecular attraction force among hydrocarbons decreases after they are magnetized. This is why the property indices of hydrocarbons, such as viscosity and surface tension which are influenced by the molecular attraction force, decline after the hydrocarbons flow through magnetic field..."

"...This means that the transition probability of electrons in the - bond conjugated system among different energy levels has become higher. Since the transition of the bond electrons from the ground level to the excited level is the main process of molecule radicalization. This may enhance the splitting of the C=C bonds in the aromatic rings in the course of combustion under intense actions of light and heat, and therefore the oxidation of the aromatic rings can be accelerated and easily completed thoroughly.."

Last edited by Logic; 08-20-2022 at 10:01 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Logic For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-25-2022)
Old 08-20-2022, 01:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 42.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,547 Posts
Quote:
ResearchGate.net is an academic profile and social networking site, and a popular hub on the web for sharing academic publications. ResearchGate is a private company attempting to monetize academic publishing, and it does not vet whether it has a license to host a publication.
Take anything you find there with a grain of salt.

Anyone can write a bunch of probable-sounding gobbledygook and pay to have it published there - and they do.
Old 08-20-2022, 08:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
Take anything you find there with a grain of salt.

Anyone can write a bunch of probable-sounding gobbledegook and pay to have it published there - and they do.
Ok; so where would you recommend I find Peer reviewed, published papers?
And how would one go about deciding on the trustworthiness of the people and institution who published the paper?
Also; who funded the research? As it seems to me that with a big enough grant anyone will say anything and people will believe it.

Then there's also the issue of:
one man's gobbeldygook being another man's 'simple and logical'
depending on intelligence and education.

For eg: It's simple for anyone to simply declare a paper gobbledegook without any argument as to why they deem it so...

There are also a number of reasons why the above may not have worked for everyone.
For example the shielding effect of ferrous metals on magnetic fields.
ie: You arrange a magnetic field on a steel fuel pipe correctly, but said pipe shields the fuel within from it.

Don't get me wrong; I nave no idea if the paper has merit or not.
All I know is that there are a good number of similar papers and I find it difficult to imagine all these people to be lying for no particular reason.
Can you think of one?
It's not like anyone has a sole distributorship on magnets.

Last edited by Logic; 08-21-2022 at 05:49 AM..
Reply  Post New Thread