Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2008, 06:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

ZeroFuel 1,2,3 - '96 Geo Metro
Fuel Of Tomorrow Here Today

Greetings

I would like to introduce Alternative Fuel Sciences (AFS) to the Ecomodder community. AFS has entered the Progressive Insurance Automotive X Prize Competition with a new patented alternative fuel that could revolutionize the transportation & energy industries.

ZeroFuel has many attributes and applications such as being man made, renewable, zero emissions, sequestration of CO2, while supporting the food supply. Automotive, truck, marine, aviation are just a few of the applications that ZeroFuel could support and advance.

Visit our web site for full details and be sure to download the slide deck "Pathway way to sustainable energy."

We will try to answer any questions on a timely basis.

Best regards,

Team at AFS

Home Page

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-15-2008, 07:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

It's normally not considered "polite" to make an advertisement your first post. I read your website. There's just enough information there to tell us absolutely nothing.

Look around this place, there's a thousand people here sharing information freely and you're advertising your "product". Doesn't that make you feel a little... well... weird?
Old 10-15-2008, 07:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Misanthropologist

BORK! - '89 Volvo 240 DL Wagon
90 day: 21.27 mpg (US)
I'd rather run my car on ground-up unicorns tyvm.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

01 Insight - '01 Honda Insight DX
Team Honda
90 day: 67.82 mpg (US)
Quote:
Non-Flammable Or Explosive
Interesting Fuel you got there...

all those words and you didn't really say any thing?

Care to share some information about it?

Whats it made from?
Old 10-15-2008, 07:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blister View Post
It's normally not considered "polite" to make an advertisement your first post. I read your website. There's just enough information there to tell us absolutely nothing.

Look around this place, there's a thousand people here sharing information freely and you're advertising your "product". Doesn't that make you feel a little... well... weird?
Sorry you feel that way, & no I don't feel weird. We are very proud of AFS & ZeroFuel as we are trying to make a positive change for our country, the world & the environment. I also got the OK from the forum mod to post this thread.

I just posted this thread a few minutes ago and you had time to read the whole site, digest the download, and look at the caliber of people that are behind this project?

Also, if I am not mistaken this is a forum for fossil free fuels. ZeroFuel fits right into that category & is something brand new. I would think most on this forum would like to know about this new technology.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgeekman View Post
Interesting Fuel you got there...

all those words and you didn't really say any thing?

Care to share some information about it?

Whats it made from?
Hi mtgeekman

ZeroFuel is Carbamide.

I think if you down load the slide deck you will see the technology & the path we are trying to achieve.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

01 Insight - '01 Honda Insight DX
Team Honda
90 day: 67.82 mpg (US)
From what I can tell from the information from the Patent # in the PDF its an amonia based fuel cell tech?

Urea based composition and system for same - Patent Review 7140187
"Urea based composition and system for same"

Abstract from the patent:
Quote:
A method and apparatus for generating energy from a composition comprising urea and water are described. The method in one embodiment includes: (a) reacting the urea with water to form ammonia; and (b) oxidizing the ammonia formed in step (a) to form water and nitrogen generating energy. The apparatus in one embodiment contains: (a) a first container for providing the composition; (b) a second container for reacting the urea with water to form ammonia, wherein the second container is connected to the first container by means for delivering the composition from the first container to the second container; (c) a third container for providing ammonia, wherein the third container is connected to the second container by means for delivering ammonia from the third container to the second container; and (d) a fourth container for oxidizing ammonia to form water and nitrogen generating energy, wherein the fourth container is connected to the second container by means for delivering ammonia from the second container to the fourth container. The method and apparatus are used to generate energy for use in stationary and mobile applications.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroFuel View Post
Sorry you feel that way, & no I don't feel weird. We are very proud of AFS & ZeroFuel as we are trying to make a positive change for our country, the world & the environment. I also got the OK from the forum mod to post this thread.

I just posted this thread a few minutes ago and you had time to read the whole site, digest the download, and look at the caliber of people that are behind this project?

Also, if I am not mistaken this is a forum for fossil free fuels. ZeroFuel fits right into that category & is something brand new. I would think most on this forum would like to know about this new technology.
Actually, I did read all the written information on your site. I am however, a little cautious about what I download.

... and, if you really DID get permission to post that thread then never mind me. I am nobody here.

It would still be a good idea to speak a little on it with other posts though. As you see from the other two posts, the whole thing raised more skepticism than interest. I'm not trying to insult you here but the first thing that came to mind was "snake oil"... good for what ails you.

Anyway, if you intend to hang around, welcome to the forum.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgeekman View Post
From what I can tell from the information from the Patent # in the PDF its an amonia based fuel cell tech?

Urea based composition and system for same - Patent Review 7140187
"Urea based composition and system for same"

Abstract from the patent:

Yes, the technology is ammonia (NH3) on demand. It will support any ICE, turbine & hydrogen on demand full cell. (Which we also hold patents on) As ZeroFuel sits in the fuel tank it is non-flammable, non-toxic, etc, as stated on the web-site.

We can control the decomposition to produce any combination of ammonia & hydrogen.

Thank you for an intelligent question.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blister View Post
Actually, I did read all the written information on your site. I am however, a little cautious about what I download.

... and, if you really DID get permission to post that thread then never mind me. I am nobody here.

It would still be a good idea to speak a little on it with other posts though. As you see from the other two posts, the whole thing raised more skepticism than interest. I'm not trying to insult you here but the first thing that came to mind was "snake oil"... good for what ails you.

Anyway, if you intend to hang around, welcome to the forum.
No problemo. Thanks

I saw your post about self sustaining your farm. I thought that was very cool.

Reply  Post New Thread