Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > The Unicorn Corral
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2012, 02:21 AM   #91 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceQuity View Post
This chart is the same data from what vehicle?
http://ecomodder.com/forum/282721-post54.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturnier View Post
The sheet is presenting the results of 2000 Ford Lincoln Towncar, but the smog test readings are from Chevy C1500 Pickup 1997 ??? Why?
Herp a derp...

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-28-2012, 02:21 AM   #92 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
(cr@p from spammer's press release snipped)

Increased fuel efficiency is created by blow- by gases returning to the engine intake system... Is how I understand it to work.
Gee, that's exactly how a stock PCV system works. To quote a certain spammer who keeps posting drivel into this thread, "Yes Google It.... I Agree. Do some DD for yourselves!" Engine blow-by gases go into the intake, either via the PCV valve into the intake manifold, or from the breather tube into the induction system before the throttle body! This is not rocket science here.

So, how again does your wonder valve net a better fuel economy than a stock PCV valve? Please try to answer without resorting to marketing bull$#!7.

Quote:
Do I have one? Yes... Am I getting better MPG? Yes... By how much? It varies on the speed I travel. But on average its about a $4-$5 savings for me a day.
Oh, really? Either you travel an extensive distance each day (around 600 miles assuming a vehicle FE of 25 MPG), or you were getting truly horrendous gas mileage (around 30 miles assuming a vehicle FE of 8 MPG) prior to installing your snake-oil collector.

What, pray tell, are you driving? Can't you even tell us this much without resorting to SnakeOilCorp propaganda?

Last edited by t vago; 01-28-2012 at 02:33 AM..

Old 01-28-2012, 03:42 AM   #93 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

GreenTurtle (Retired) - '01 Toyota Echo Sedan
90 day: 44.85 mpg (US)

Zulu - '14 Honda CR-Z
90 day: 49.05 mpg (US)
If you are so confident that this newly designed PCV valve is sooo good, I suggest you convince your fellow shareholders to license the patent to the big car manufacturers. BIG $$$ to be made if ALL the new vehicles are equipped with this allegedly fuel saving device !

Again, provide some empirical evidence and data, otherwise just drop it and call it a day. We are not a naive crowd.

Old 01-28-2012, 04:45 AM   #94 (permalink)
Banned

Good Eye... I'll let them know - Thanks

Thanks for noticing that... I'm sure it must of been a graphics error... I'll have them correct that. These were not designed as advertising material, more for on site MPG and Emission Summaries... If they were trying intentionally fool you... I don't think they would of left the label on there.

But I'll see if they have the correct emissions data for that vehicle.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:15 AM   #95 (permalink)
Banned

Installation DynoValve

Install and Explanation of DynoValve

[link removed by admin]

Old 01-28-2012, 05:43 AM   #96 (permalink)
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spammer
The DynoValve eliminates the vacuum problems associated with todays standard PCV valves by optimally regulating the flow of engine blow-by gases.
What vacuum problems?

Old 01-28-2012, 06:04 AM   #97 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
So, how again does your wonder valve net a better fuel economy than a stock PCV valve?
DynoValve does everything a PCV valve does but better... Being a electronically controlled orifice tuned to the vehicles RPMs, allows the valve to open and allow more unburned gas/unburned hydrocarbons back into the engine... Creating a new source of fuel from the old source... From what I understand.

With the DynoValve installed it allows less or almost no hydrocarbons back into the atmosphere.. or the Catalytic converter. What I was told was with the DynoValve your vehicle could pass smog even without a OEM Catalytic converter. I can imagine finding a OEM Catalytic converter for older cars can start to become a problem if you need one to pass smog.

Taking these unburned hydrocarbons (UHCs)... are the hydrocarbons emitted after petroleum is burned in an engine and allow them to fully burn away will create better emissions... Its not rocket science... you are correct. But the person who invented it is a rocket scientist... And I did look it up... Basically for 40years the PCV has remained relatively the same... You can say the DynoValve is just a better gas trap.

Crankcase ventilation system
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
History of gradual development
Quote:
In 1952, Professor A. J. Haagen-Smit, of the California Institute of Technology at Pasadena, postulated that unburned hydrocarbons were a primary constituent of smog, and that gasoline powered automobiles were a major source of those hydrocarbons. After some investigation by the GM Research Laboratory (led by Dr. Lloyd L. Withrow), it was discovered in 1958 that the road draft tube was a major source, about half, of the hydrocarbons coming from the automobile. GM's Cadillac Division, which had built many tanks during WWII, recognized that the simple PCV valve could be used to become the first major reduction in automotive hydrocarbon emissions. After confirming the PCV valves' effectiveness at hydrocarbon reduction, GM offered the PCV solution to the entire U.S. automobile industry, royalty free, through its trade association, the Automobile Manufacturers Association (AMA). In the absence of any legislated requirement, the AMA members agreed to put it on all California cars voluntarily in 1961, with national application following one year later, in 1962.
Unburned hydrocarbon
Quote:
Any fuel entering a flame will be reacted. Thus, when unburned fuel is emitted from a combustor, the emission is caused by fuel "avoiding" the flame zones. For example, in piston engines, some of the fuel-air mixture "hides" from the flame in the crevices provided by the piston ring grooves. Further, some regions of the combustion chamber may have a very weak flame, that is, they have either very fuel-lean or very fuel-rich conditions and consequently they have a low combustion temperature.
Catalytic converter
Quote:
Most present-day vehicles that run on gasoline are fitted with a "three way" converter, so named because it converts the three main pollutants in automobile exhaust: an oxidising reaction converts carbon monoxide (CO) and unburned hydrocarbons (HC), and a reduction reaction converts oxides of nitrogen (NOx) to produce carbon dioxide (CO2), nitrogen (N2), and water (H2O)
Yes... I drive very fast and I was averaging $20 a day in gas... With the DynoValve I was able to get to and from work... and where ever with $15. That calculates a 25% saving for me in dollar value.

Its not rocket science... So what ever name you would like to call it, the dyno kool aid converter works for me.
DynoValve - Honda Civic - 1994 - YouTube

Old 01-28-2012, 06:11 AM   #98 (permalink)
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo

You have no idea what's going on, do you.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:22 AM   #99 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
You have no idea what's going on, do you.
No do tell me... smart guy.

Are you telling me you cant get more fuel efficiency out of unburned gases and a cleaner burn from burning these gases?

Last edited by iceQuity; 01-28-2012 at 06:37 AM..

Old 01-28-2012, 06:25 AM   #100 (permalink)
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo

Draft tubes have been gone for- oh- about 50 years now. You have some catching up to do, Rip Van Winkle.

Closed Thread  Post New Thread