Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #31 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafvillage View Post
We crz guys buy a lot of parts off broken / abused honda fits. Manifolds / headers / etc its all slightly bigger than ours. Now yes the fit and the crz are very similar but I bought the car because I wanted something that looked / felt cool the FIT is awesome don't get me wrong but the cr-z looks amazing IMO
Only had the car as a loaner for a week. Never thought to check the size of the manifolds. Of course, we get the uprated spec cars with the extra power (about 134 hp, supposedly)... so they might have upsized them already. Sounds like a cool, cheap way to modify the motor.

No arguments about the looks. Jaw-droppingly cool.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #32 (permalink)
Master Novice

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 29.5 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 49.62 mpg (US)
I know about the looks. I want to add skirts to my HCH but they're going to have to look as if the factory built a set for my car before the wife will let me put anything on. So that's going to be a project.

Add a couple of pieces of wood to the grille at the center and cable tie them in place. They don't have to be very big or thick, just thick enough to drive a screw into them and be certain it'll hold. Then you can attach your front plate to the wood blocks. That's a completely reversible, no-drill modification and it should be secure enough to keep everything in place, no problemo.

If the wood shows, take everything back off, sand prime and paint the wood. Two or three good coats of matte black, or even spray-on bedliner coating, should suffice to make the wood just disappear.

If you have any experience at it, you could try making skirts from hardware cloth and papier-mache. You can get an uncommonly good surface with papier-mache if you're patient at. A few turns of filling and sanding, a couple of coats of shellac and some color matched paint and it'll look like stock.

Hmm, I think I know what to do for my car.

Lead or follow. Either is fine.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:50 PM   #33 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

z - '03 nissan 350z touring
90 day: 36.21 mpg (US)

Diniro - '18 Kia Niro Ex
90 day: 47.99 mpg (US)
love this car,,test drove one just before I bought my 350z about 2 yrs ago. Its a great package if you like 2 seater sports cars!!The mileage is much better than I was led to believe 2 yrs ago might have influenced my decision. Hope to hear more from you leafvillage!!
Old 10-31-2013, 09:59 AM   #34 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Amelia Pond - '13 Honda CR-Z Base
@elihigh I do love the car :P and all the suggestions I might try and make some sirt mockups!!

@royandloreen this is my MPG as of last night ( NO ECO MODS ) just driving style

around 59.5 MPG ( no ecomods )
Old 05-19-2015, 09:15 PM   #35 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

CRX:HF - '89 Honda CRX HF
90 day: 53.05 mpg (US)

NameGoesHere - '15 Volkswagen Golf TDI SEL

NameGoesHere - '15 Volkswagen Golf TDI SEL
I wanted to bump this thread and see whats going on in the world of the CR-Z. I was considering getting one, but I wanted to see if you, leafvillage, have had any more success as far as ecomodding goes?? What was your best take?

Follow me on Twitter. @secsieAzul
Reply  Post New Thread