Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > DIY / How-to
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2015, 11:59 AM   #41 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Red FIRE Racer - '08 Honda Fit Sport
90 day: 48.54 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Charlie View Post
Does the 1st gen Fit have a fuse that's specific to the injectors? My kill switch has been back burnered all to hell, but it involves breaking the circuit with a Fuse Buddy. My post is #106:

Kill Switch (EOC): Where did you install your activator? And what did you use?
Hrmm - I don't think so. Best I can tell the injectors are powered directly from the PGM-FI 1 relay shown in the schematic which is fuse #20

Here is the fuse table
Fuse to Components Index

Perhaps the yellow/black wire(s) going back to PCM are the input so it knows the relay is not closed - which, in turn, throws the DTC.

Do you not get any Trouble Codes on your 2nd Gen Fit? Have you got a schematic of your PGM-FI subsystem? So you are making and breaking the full fuel system current through your momentary switch instead of using a relay?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-21-2015, 12:27 PM   #42 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
Correction: I'm not looking at the injector fuse, but the ignition coil (fuse #33 on a 2nd gen Fit).

I've got a momentary open switch to a relay attached to a fuse buddy that plugs right into the fuse box. Everything's completely removeable, no wires are cut. Remove the fuse buddy, take the OE fuse out of the fuse buddy and put it back in the fuse box and it's like nothing ever happened. Except for a small hole drilled somewhere to mount the switch.

It worked smoothly when I tested it, no CEL. Once it gets up to the top of my List of Things To Do, I'll see how CEL friendly it really is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

Old 04-21-2015, 01:28 PM   #43 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Red FIRE Racer - '08 Honda Fit Sport
90 day: 48.54 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Charlie View Post
Correction: I'm not looking at the injector fuse, but the ignition coil (fuse #33 on a 2nd gen Fit).
[]
It worked smoothly when I tested it, no CEL. Once it gets up to the top of my List of Things To Do, I'll see how CEL friendly it really is.
Interesting. There is an "ignition coil front" as well as a "...rear". I guess I could pull fuses 7 & 9. I'd have to think the gen 2 would have the same number of coils.
Wiring Diagram

I'm curious how much longer fuel is injected from this method - in other words, how long from the time the PCM realizes ignition is dead until it cuts power to injectors - I'd guess not very long, but who knows. Do you notice it taking longer to rev down from your switch versus using the key?
Old 04-21-2015, 02:09 PM   #44 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
I only tested one day, I don't have it installed. I didn't notice any lag or dieseling, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

Old 05-28-2015, 03:35 PM   #45 (permalink)
09 Toyo Yaris HB (Huevos)

This is definitely not an engine with "DFCO" or "Deceleration fuel Cutoff" I don't know how many engines have the feature, but the Toyota 1NZ-FE has it as do other import engines. I don't need to switch the engine off to cut fuel use. the ECU automatically shuts off fuel anytime I'm coasting A/C on or off, cruise control on or off. It use to drive my Auto meter eco-meter crazy with MPG going to 999 or Err, depending how long the car coasted. From what I read. Its not as efficient on Automatics or CVTs. Not sure why. My guess would be the transmission fluid pump. Any time the ECU senses that the speed and throttle position are below the VSS momentum or inertia sensor inputs the fuel is turned back on. So excess use of A/C or audio electronics will impact your benefits.

Reply  Post New Thread