View Poll Results: How long will it take me to replace my heater core
One day. You got this! 4 33.33%
A week or two. 3 25.00%
A month or two 0 0%
6 - 12 months 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2020, 02:57 AM   #91 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
My Accord is running again.

I flushed the radiator again, disconnected the Civic heater core, reconnected the one under the dash, filled up the radiator, turned on the engine, cranked up the heater, and got cool, but humid air.

This is fine.

That was after my brother asked to go to Safeway, which went much like asking to go to Family Dollar, except I said "I have ways of making you talk!" and did half an hour of speech therapy with him. Then I went through two food ads and had him name all of the common objects twice.

He didn't indicate that he wanted anything.

I told him "I am taking you, but I am fixing my car first!"

He just walked up and down every aisle. He did not give any indication that he wanted to buy anything.

I needed milk, so I grabbed that, and dragged him to the checkout.

When we got home Mom demanded "Did you pick up dinner?!"

"No! Why would I?!"

"Go back and get Burger King!"

I tried to find some things to work on my car, but couldn't. I wanted to find those things today, but spent the day researching slide-out kitchen pantries, converting pot and pan shelves into drawers, and stuff like that. I played a game for half an hour or an hour this morning.

I always think that I will have hours to play on Sunday, but that often does not happen.

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-06-2020, 03:48 AM   #92 (permalink)
Not Doug

I am still working on other projects and taking care of things for my family. Thursday morning we were out of my brother's usual breakfast foods, so I asked if he wanted a croissant sandwich from Burger King. He said yes, so I ordered with the app. For some reason, they are normally $5 each, but I ordered two meals for $5 and another two extra-large sandwiches for another $5.

The problem is that I selected Sprite, but when I went to place the order it said "Coffee." I tried again, with the same result, so when I pulled up to the drive through I explained that I ordered Sprite, but the app changed my order.

"No, you ordered coffee."

The manager insisted that I ordered coffee and refused to change or cancel my order.

She said that she couldn't. The manager said that she couldn't change my beverage.

I apologized to my brother, decided that I would dispute the charge for the food that I never received, and took my brother to McDonald's, since they serve breakfast all day.

No they don't. I asked on Facebook when that stopped and a friend said "They never served breakfast all day, they just served part of their breakfast manu after breakfast ended."

She is usually that useless.

Sonic! Sonic serves breakfast all day! I couldn't get the app to work, so I pulled up to the drive through. "How many items are on your breakfast menu?"

"Eight."

"I would like all eight items on your breakfast menu."

It was over $30 and we ate all of it right then. Then he asked for lunch, which I picked up for him.

I wanted to run errands for other projects and stuff always came up. I kept making dinner and then not having time to run to Harbor Freight before it closed. I have done speech therapy twice with my brother in the last few days and feel frustrated that I cannot work with him almost every day.

Stuff just keeps coming up.

He had speech therapist with that other SLPA this morning and I always need to help with that, while I keep saying "You know, I can just work with him, safely and better."

"No."

So, I need to help another SLPA get paid.

I wanted to work with him afterwards, but he asked me to buy his bagels. He has one for breakfast every morning.

Every single morning.

I wanted to work with him afterwards, but he asked me to get him Subway, which was delayed because they advertise two footlongs for $10, but the three stores up here do not participate, so it was over $30.

Then I went to the wrong Subway.

I wanted to work with him afterwards, but he took a nap, so I ran my errands--after I drove to Home Depot and then drove home to get my credit card, which is wearing out. I could not get the chip to work for four different transactions today. It expires in a few months, but I do not think that I can wait.

Dollar Tree carried some 6oz aerosol cans a couple of months ago, but I only saw them once, and that is all that I have seen anywhere--until today. The cashier had a used can at his register and I asked how often they had them in stock. He responded that whatever they get they use, but they had these:

There was a customer in-line, so I grabbed the bottle and then fought with my card again.

I came home and this happened:

I made green bean casserole in Mom's Ninja Foodie and the screen that keeps the fan from blowing food into the heating element fell into the cheese.

I scraped off the cheese the best that I could and served the casserole. It needed hot sauce.

I wanted to work with him afterwards, but he dismantled the doorknob on the back door. I do not have any idea why, nor why it took him an hour to reassemble it, but then I was trying to get him to hurry up and get ready for our walk. He just keeps wasting time and Mom yells at me!

She also complains that I don't work with him enough.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cgudTGm.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	28882   Click image for larger version

Name:	2TV0Ixz.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	28883   Click image for larger version

Name:	dmFCBqt.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	28884  

Last edited by Xist; 08-06-2020 at 03:56 AM..
Old 08-06-2020, 08:15 AM   #93 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Chief - '06 Pontiac Grand Prix
90 day: 26.7 mpg (US)

SF1 - '12 Ford Fiesta S
90 day: 30.95 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
I flushed the radiator again, disconnected the Civic heater core, reconnected the one under the dash, filled up the radiator, turned on the engine, cranked up the heater, and got cool, but humid air.

This is fine.
So you replaced the heater core and now you have no heat?
The Following User Says Thank You to nemo For This Useful Post:
California98Civic (08-07-2020)
Old 08-06-2020, 10:59 AM   #94 (permalink)
Not Doug

I hooked up the Civic heater core in the Accord engine bay. It held pressure, so I disconnected it, flushed the Accord, and put everything back. The heater blew cool and humid air, but I had just started burping it, and it was about to rain.

I got it working right.
California98Civic (08-07-2020), nemo (08-07-2020)
Old 08-07-2020, 11:25 AM   #95 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
CONGRATS! There should be a party or something.

See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to California98Civic For This Useful Post:
nemo (08-07-2020)
Reply  Post New Thread