Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2010, 09:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

ghost's gocart - '97 honda civic cx
howdy again

Apologies if I'm putting this post in the wrong place (i'm such a forums n00b).

Well awhile ago I posted debating whether I would get a new (to me) car that got better gas mileage or do an e-bike/ drive mustang when I had to combo. I tried repeatedly to buy a 1.0/5 speed metro off craigslist and failed (one sold for $1000 two hours after it was posted).
There were lots of them when i first started saving up but by the time I had some money to spend they were gone.
So I waited and checked CL 2 to 3 times a day for a month and a half and had not much luck. I was also checking for crx hf hahaha around here (central Texas) it was like looking for lock ness. When I did find them the first thing in the ad was something like "replaced wimpy hf engine with this or that"
I was just about to settle for a Saturn sl1 with a 5-speed (and not really wanting to) when a found a red 97 civic hb 5-speed with 140k miles on it. it's has perfect interior and and good exterior (3 minor dents and plastic ground effect damaged on one side).

Thoughts on it:
1. I need more practice to get used to squishy clutch (compared to HP mustang clutch).
2. Must look for better shifter. I've been spoiled buy my Pro 5.0 power tower for 12 years stock shifters suck.
3. Will save me on gas in two ways. It gets MUCH better gas mileage in the city where I do 85% of my driving. It also runs okay on 87 octane (mustang no likey)
4. Amazing amount of interior room for it's size and fold down backseats .
5. It has nice looking factory alloys (which not gonna help if I want pie pan the wheels. I might be taking a job that requires a commute).
6. When I was thinking metro I was thinking of stripping the interior out for weight reduction but it's so nice I can't bring myself to do it to the civic.
7. Main mod for now be making sure the nut stays adjusted.
8. Oh and previous owner converted it to 4 wheel disks .

On the E-bike side of things:
1. I have 2 complete mountain bikes that were given to me
2. Purchased a 1000w Schwinn stealth scooter off CL for $200 (yes i know the e-bike laws)
3. I have been debating 3 possible designs I can build with what I have and doing basic stuff on one of the bikes (news tubes and seat)

I'm just slowing down after working around 60 hours a week for last 5 months so I should have more energy to put in to this project. cheers-GW

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread