Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2010, 08:05 AM   #61 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The SCUD - '15 Fiat Scudo L2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tf4624 View Post
my presentation is the idea which would eventually be followed by the answers you seek.. but I won't be posting them anytime soon
Put up or shut up, dude.
You're a waste of bandwidth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamIan View Post
If you got the 'techy' ... bring it.
He won't 'cause he obviously can't

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-15-2010, 08:43 AM   #62 (permalink)
Eco of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by euromodder View Post
Put up or shut up, dude.
You're a waste of bandwidth.

WOW put up? your not even part of this conversation buddy, by the way this isnt the way to get me to express the idea/facts about hydrogen and running a car of the fuel cell. You know and I know it
Won't? you wouldn't know it as like I wouldn't know thing that you might, which doesn't mean I accuse you of not knowing something on this subject or another. Have a bit respect buddy. If your going to get on to someone you better have the facts right.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:59 AM   #63 (permalink)
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 52.48 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,960 Times in 3,604 Posts
Quote:
my presentation is the idea which would eventually be followed by the answers you seek.. but I won't be posting them anytime soon
I've asked tf4624 to either support his claims with acceptable evidence, or stop posting.
Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:
dcb (12-15-2010), UFO (12-15-2010)
Old 12-15-2010, 12:14 PM   #64 (permalink)
Eco of course

Its been done already, I've told you to look it up, but since you guys or some of forgot how to use the internet.

MAZDA:RX-8 Hydrogen RE | Environmental Technology
Mazda RX-8 RE Renesis
Ford Explorer FCV
BMW Hydrogen 7
Honda FCX Clarity

Toyota Vehicles : Toyota Fuel Cell Vehicle Demonstration Program Expands / Toyota
Hydrogen Powered Toyota Prius
http://www.hydrogencarsnow.com/blog2...r-makes-waves/
Old 12-15-2010, 12:34 PM   #65 (permalink)
UFO
Master EcoModder

Colorado - '17 Chevrolet Colorado 4x4 LT
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
^^^ And this supports your claims how?
Old 12-15-2010, 12:49 PM   #66 (permalink)
Eco of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
^^^ And this supports your claims how?

The claim is more on a logical standpoint.. that being; there is more then one way of doing things as you know :-)

You can split water the same way of electrolysis but can also do it in another fashion while using the same principles. You just have to figure out how to go further then just the basics of Electrolysis. That is the point im makeing .. More then 1 way to skin a cat, if you will.
Claim two would follow that we have cars and engines running off of hydrogen

Last edited by tf4624; 12-15-2010 at 04:15 PM..
Old 12-15-2010, 02:37 PM   #67 (permalink)
UFO
Master EcoModder

Colorado - '17 Chevrolet Colorado 4x4 LT
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
Quote:
The claim is more on a logical standpoint.. that being; there is more then one way of doing things as you know :-)

You can split water the same way of electrolysis but can also do it in another fashion while using the same principles. You just have to figure out how to go further then just the basics of Electrolysis. That is the point im makeing .. More then 1 way to skin a cat, if you will.
You have not made that point. And you are also wrong if you think you can make hydrogen from water and use the hydrogen with a positive energy balance.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:14 PM   #68 (permalink)
Eco of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
You have not made that point. And you are also wrong if you think you can make hydrogen from water and use the hydrogen with a positive energy balance.

Dont go putting words into someones mouth.

I didnt say you get "Balanced" energy out of it.. NEVER did i say BALANCED

Yes, I did make that point. and yes you can use hydrogen to run things in positive way, it doesn't need to be an = balance.

Water torch runs with it by doing the same.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:36 PM   #69 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The SCUD - '15 Fiat Scudo L2
Quote:
it doesn't need to be an = balance.
If it's not balanced, where are you going the get the required extra energy from ?
Magic ?

The hydrogen energy balance is even further disturbed by the specialized equipment and infrastructure needed to run a car on H2.

The big hydrogen BMW you mentioned, hardly has any bootspace left over, and rather little carrying capacity for passengers and luggage.
Yet it still has a lousy 125 mile range.
That's Nissan Leaf-territory.

Hydrogen is a dead end in car evolution, even before it has started.

I could see H2 being used as a storage for excess electric energy though.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:54 PM   #70 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Its been done already, I've told you to look it up, but since you guys or some of forgot how to use the internet.
I suggest you read more carefully ... it seems you are misunderstanding what people are posting , and completely missing some things people are posting.

We have not forget how to use the internet ... we already knew the information you posted in your links ... none of those are anything new ... we already know many things about each of those including the limits each has , and how they work... which some us of, me included have already tried to explain to you.

4 of your examples were ICE hydrogen vehicles ... none of those examples you gave have ICEs operating at over ~40% efficiency.

I also already posted about the Honda Fuel Cell you linked to which maxes out at ~60% efficiency ... and the Ford fuel cell is not any better.

We already know the volumetric energy limits of hydrogen ... and we know the efficiency limits of these vehicles... and we know the energy used for aerodynamics, rolling resistance, etc.

Read what we are posting to you more carefully ... you seem to be missing allot.

Quote:

I already went through this as well... you seem to have forget my first post.

I already posted about the Electrolysis ... and alternative methods to allot split water to extract the hydrogen... go back and re-read more carefully.

If you want to delve / explore one of those options in more detail ... please by all means ... bring on the 'techy'.

Quote:
Claim two would follow that we have cars and engines running off of hydrogen
We already know this ... that isn't the issue ... you should read more carefully.

We are all well aware of people running vehicles on hydrogen ... including getting over 12,000 MPG from hydrogen... as I posted.

However we know enough about these vehicles including the ones you posted links to ... to know how they work and what they can and can't do.

We do not just believe people without proof ... the opinions we have are based on proof and real data ... I have myself run experiments first hand ... as have several others on this forum ... If your opinion differs you need to provide at least equal quantity and quality of 'techy' , details, proof... so if you have 'techy' ... I still say ... bring it.

So far you have offered nothing to back up your claims ... back it up ... bring on the 'techy'.

Quote:
Dont go putting words into someones mouth.

I didnt say you get "Balanced" energy out of it.. NEVER did i say BALANCED

Yes, I did make that point. and yes you can use hydrogen to run things in positive way, it doesn't need to be an = balance.

Water torch runs with it by doing the same.
You have misunderstood... and he isn't putting words in your mouth ... you did.

When he wrote about , 'positive energy balance' , he was referring to your claim of 300% efficiency.

Does this look familiar.

Quote:
Yes for Example there is a fuel cell that runs 300 percent.
This is you claiming a 300% efficient fuel cell ... when the best examples posted ... are 60% efficient.... and I was the one who posted that much ... because you wouldn't / couldn't even give us that tiny bit of 'techy'.

If you have 'techy' that supports your claims ... like 300% efficiency ... bring it ... bring us the 'techy' ... there are allot of well educated , experienced, and informed people on this site ... we can help you to understand what is really happening ... what is really going on ... you can learn more than you know now.

So if you got the 'techy' ... bring it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by euromodder View Post
I had hoped to at least to get some kind of elaborate 'techy'... come on ... wow us , with talk of energy band gaps, quantum spin, temporal flux, Dilithium crystals, Naquda , Tachyons, etc... I mean come on ... bad sci-fi has more 'techy'.

Reply  Post New Thread