Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 01:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Dejligt at se en fra Danmark!

I would not bother with the batteries, theyre quite expensive, compared to what you might gain in fe.

i would start with at slight lowering (assuming the girlfriend approves)
eibach springs make some that only lowers it 20mm at the front and 25mm at the back, so they should not give you and clearance problems.

then i would cover the front grille, a bit like the lupo 3l, and other eco-versions from vag.
just buy a black sheet of plastic and either zip tie it, or use closed-cell foam tape, like the stuff used for emblems on cars, it is really tough stuff, and being on the back, it would make a stealth appearance.

change the antenna for a shorter one, when you drive behind one of the triplets on the highway the longer ones always flap about, like the tail on a overexited dog, thats gotta hurt aero a bit. ebay sells some very oem-looking ones.

and consider insulating the bonnet as well, either by placing oem-looking rubber in the sides of the bonnet, and where it might have been left out, or buy a blanket from a scrap-yard (surely the 3l must have one?)

some of the bulbs could also be changed to led, unless it has bulb failiure warning. do a search on ebay for warm-white ones for an oem look.

and you could shed the spare wheel if it has one. maybe the emergency kits found in other vags could replace it for a nice weight saving?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-30-2012, 04:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
kah
EcoModding Lurker

The Mii - '12 Seat Mii Reference
90 day: 54.83 mpg (US)
Hej opamann.
You're absolutely right, the batteries might not be worth the cost, which is why they are not top of the list. I would like to try it out, in the name of science, but it would be pointless doing it over the winter, when I can't be guaranteed stable testing conditions.

Thanks for the tip on the Eibachs, the girlfriend approves! I've been a bit hesitant on lowering, the only loweringsprings I could find were 3-3,5cm, which I thougt was a bit too much.
I've been wanting to do that grill block for the last couple of weeks, tried out some black ducttape, but it looked terrible and way too eyecatching. I'm probably going to do a stealth grill block next week, using some black plastic from a small square bucket.
I've already taken care of the antenna, I simply just removed it. The radio still works fine, and we only get a bit of static when we drive through forrest areas.

We just changed to winter tires, so I thought I'd refill to check how the quest for better fuel economy was going (before the change to winter tires). A bit dissapointingly, we only managed 21,6 km/l (4,63L/100km) which is a reduction of 5,7% from our previous tank. I was hoping for better, but the weather has been terrible, and we've done some highway driving too.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #13 (permalink)
kah
EcoModding Lurker

The Mii - '12 Seat Mii Reference
90 day: 54.83 mpg (US)
I noticed that the fuelguage was dropping quite rapidly after changing to wintertyres, so i decided to test the presure in the tyres, 0,8 bar.. What kind of a mechanic doesn't pump up the tyres after changing them? Stupid SOAB..

Reply  Post New Thread