Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hybrids
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2008, 02:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Black Beauty - '09 Honda Accord EX-L
90 day: 27.44 mpg (US)
The Insight Concept made its North American debut at the 2008 L.A. Auto Show. Honda's new hybrid was unveiled amidst flashing cameras and eager press. Taking its styling cues from the FCX Clarity, the attractive 5-passenger sedan garnered genuine praise. Dan Bonawitz, Honda's Vice President of Corporate Planning and Logistics, presented the highly anticipated hybrid, saying, "When it launches next spring, the Insight will be the most affordable hybrid car on the road. But we're not skimping on features. This is a 5-door, 5-passenger sedan with a comprehensive list of advanced safety features and the high level of quality, comfort, utility, and user-friendly technology the world expects from Honda." See more photos of the Insight Concept at the L.A. Auto Show.

Eco Assist
Traffic-congested Los Angeles was just the place for Honda to announce a useful new technological advancement for the Insight Concept: Ecological Drive Assist System (Eco AssistTM) ?an interactive fuel efficiency monitoring system. One of the features of Eco AssistTM is an ECON BUTTON that, when selected, minimizes energy usage and boosts fuel efficiency by automatically adjusting driving variables such as air conditioning and acceleration-all at the touch of a button.

Insight Hybrid Exterior Photos - Honda.com

Insight Hybrid Blog - Honda.com

I received the text in an email from Honda and wanted to give all of you the chance to see it.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-26-2008, 08:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Re the last picture: So it also walks - err, drives - on water?
Old 11-26-2008, 09:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
rgathright -

Thanks for the pix. I hadn't seen a good view of the rear. Aesthetically, I think it out-Prius's a Prius.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society
Old 03-20-2009, 07:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
Hello -

I just read this tasty little tidbit on the upcoming Honda CRZ :

2011 Honda CRZ - Auto News - Motor Trend
Click image for larger version

Name:	honda_crz.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	2.5 KB
ID:	2992
Quote:
Honda's CRZ hybrid coupe remains on track as a 2011 model, on sale in late 2010. Honda wants sports-car enthusiasts to buy it not because it's green, but because it's fun. The carmaker considered doing a non-hybrid version of the CRZ, but it desperately wants to be seen as a hybrid supplier on par with Toyota and believes it needs a range of dedicated hybrid-only models to achieve that.

So the CRZ gets a lively 140-horse, 1.8-liter Civic-derived engine. The IMA system -- motor, battery, electronics -- will be like the Insight's, as will the platform, to save cost. A senior engineer says, "It must be fun to drive, must remind you of the original CRX." And a manual gearbox will be offered. "CVT is fine for the market, mostly. But we are Honda! We must have a manual!"
We must have a manual!
We must have a manual!
We must have a manual!
There's no place like home!
We must have a manual!
We must have a manual!
We must have a manual!

Someone has finally gotten sick of my whining and done something about it.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society
Old 03-21-2009, 12:27 AM   #15 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Appliance White - '93 Geo Metro 4-Dr. Auto
Last 3: 42.35 mpg (US)

Stealth RV - '91 Chevy Sprint Base
Gosh, a thousand pounds between CRX and CRZ. Something's going wrong. ..
Old 03-21-2009, 12:52 AM   #16 (permalink)
PaleMelanesian's Disciple

City - '04 Honda City iDSI EXi
90 day: 47.47 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
I wish I could understand why the designers insist on so much glass. It's heavy, it's a poor insulator, and for anyone who lives in a sunny climate, glass roofs are an invitation to heat stroke and/or using 25% of the engine's output on A/C. How about a nice opaque foam/fiberglass sandwich instead?

Oh, and I wonder what happens to your glass roof in a rollover?
Pisses me even more because glass/plastic is only covered partially in case of an insurance claim..
Old 03-21-2009, 12:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Red Baron - '00 Ford F-350 XLT
90 day: 27.99 mpg (US)

Impala Phase Zero - '96 Chevrolet Impala SS
90 day: 21.03 mpg (US)
Wild cars.

Some thoughts:

I wish all automakers had Honda's attitude about manuals.

There is talk the LA auto show will replace the Detroit Auto show before long as North America's premier auto show. Cobo Hall is a dump. Detroit is a dump.

The Lambo suicide doors on the Audi may not be as far out as you think. In a world of tighter and tighter parking stalls, the Lambo door makes sense. You can get hinge kits to convert practically anything now. With the doors opening mostly in the vertical, pivoting to the rear would not be as "suicide" as the horizontally pivoting conventional door.

Yeah the aero rear end was badly done. Basjoos' DIY aero job looks better. "Paging Chip Foose! Paging Chip Foose!"

Rubber Conveyor Belt Air Dam
Reply  Post New Thread