Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2019, 05:29 PM   #191 (permalink)
Banned

Redpoint, what we already reached, in medicine, using drugs, (psychiatric), it's indeed dangerous.

I believe some people have far more "natural happyness and pleasrure" than others, since serotonin it's the key for brain feel ok. There are probably genetics involved.

I bet many "cool people" people who go around in search of too radical sports or party too much, or find trouble, rebel, the kind of people media today try to portrait as cool, indeed can be less happy than many quiet people who prefer to read a book.

People with less serotonin and less oxytocin tend to be sad, or need harder stimulus to feel fine. They are also more prone to alcohol abuse and drug abuse, or dangerous sexual lide style.
In other words, "cool" people can be not cool. Intense short pleasures can be worse than soft long pleasures.

Sure there are people who don't party or don't play sports due depression. But I didn't refer about these people but about people who don't need very radical versiond of that, and are able to enjoy life even with simpler things.

Last edited by All Darc; 12-18-2019 at 05:40 PM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-18-2019, 06:55 PM   #192 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
Quote:
In other words, "cool" people can be not cool. Intense short pleasures can be worse than soft long pleasures.
My little brother trod that path. He's ashes today.

Old 12-18-2019, 08:19 PM   #193 (permalink)
Banned

I'm sorry to hear that about your brother.

Was he in trouble with drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
My little brother trod that path. He's ashes today.
Old 12-18-2019, 11:19 PM   #194 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Liver and kidneys. Do the math. Alchohol?

He lived in a hole in the water on the Sea of Cortez. The last time I drove all the to Portland to see him while he was in this country, I totaled my Superbeetle and we lost touch after that.

Old 12-19-2019, 08:40 AM   #195 (permalink)
Banned

Alcoholism have no cure. Many people fight everyday to stay away from drinks, even after 20 years sober. Like drug addicts, in many cases the brain chemical it'sa not well restablished in terms of neurotransmitters, and they canstill feel desire to use, despite not as intense as when they were very intoxicated and using often.

Alcoholism rised a lot among young women, as they started to copy, or even made worse, all crap bad practices of many man.Comparing how female body provess alcohol, in terms of methabolism capability, they already drunk more than man.

Even addicts to tobacco have no cure. Some scientist says that even with therapies of today a percentage of people will never manage to stop smoking and will dye smoking.

The younger people start to use drugs, more difficult it is to stop. The early erotization of kids and teens leaded to a younger use of drugs.

Quote:
Liver and kidneys. Do the math. Alchohol?

He lived in a hole in the water on the Sea of Cortez. The last time I drove all the to Portland to see him while he was in this country, I totaled my Superbeetle and we lost touch after that.

Last edited by All Darc; 12-19-2019 at 08:54 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to All Darc For This Useful Post:
freebeard (12-19-2019)
Old 12-21-2019, 08:38 PM   #196 (permalink)
Banned

Look and compare protein. It got better than early version (no in amount but in quality of protein --which changes the % daily values), but still not equal to real meat.

ANyway people eat more protein than they need.
Old 12-24-2019, 01:55 PM   #197 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

DOCTOR: Burger King’s ‘Impossible Burger’ Has 18 Million Times More Estrogen Than Regular Whopper
Quote:
According to Strangle, the red appearance of the vegetable patty comes from genetically splicing a soybean and yeast:

The bacterial enzyme that binds the nitrogen is damaged by the presence of oxygen so the bacterium makes the leghemoglobin to bind oxygen to keep it out of the way. To make enough leghemoglobin to add to the impossible whopper, scientists spliced the gene for leghemoglobin into yeast. They can grow the yeast easily and separate the leghemoglobin and add it to the impossible whopper. So the impossible whopper is technically a genetically modified organism (GMO).

Finally, the doctor explains the radically high amount of estrogen featured in each burger.

“The impossible whopper has 44 mg of estrogen and the whopper has 2.5 ng of estrogen,” wrote Strangle. “That means an impossible whopper has 18 million times as much estrogen as a regular whopper.”

He went on to compare the level of estrogen in the Impossible Burger to soy milk, writing that eating four of the vegetable burgers daily would result in a human male growing breasts:
Just six glasses of soy milk per day has enough estrogen to grow boobs on a male. That’s the equivalent of eating four impossible whoppers per day. You would have to eat 880 pounds of beef from an implanted steer to equal the amount of estrogen in one birth control pill.
In short, the Impossible Burger is a genetically modified organism filled with calorie-dense oils that can make a man grow breasts if eaten in sufficient quantity.
https://nationalfile.com/doctor-burg...gular-whopper/

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
Xist (12-25-2019)
Old 12-24-2019, 03:26 PM   #198 (permalink)
Banned

Malicious article...

It's phytoestrogen, and not true estrogen. I bet the bovine hormones are worse. Anyway phytoestrogen have a touch slight positive effect on women and not a bad effect on man. It have no feminilization effect for men.

About antinutrients on soy, it's another thing used to try to curse soy, since many other things have antinutrient, like beans, wheat, and anyway the high temperature use to extrude soy into texturate pieces destroys the antinutrients.

About agrotoxics, it's a bad side, but guess what, animals used to produce meat acumulate more agrotoxics than soy, since they ate soy, corn and other grain,s used to produce their ration. And we can mention all the toxic products used to treat bovines, and antibiotics and sometimes even synthetic hormones. All that went to the steak at your plate.

About GMO, it depends... Some today are mentioned to require more herbsides and agrotoxis, like the one developed by Monsanto, despite some othe informs said it requeired less.
But there are other GMO soy brands being developed just to be resistant to some insects and fungus, and not to be resistent to herbisides.

Quote:
DOCTOR: Burger King’s ‘Impossible Burger’ Has 18 Million Times More Estrogen Than Regular Whopper

https://nationalfile.com/doctor-burg...gular-whopper/

Last edited by All Darc; 12-24-2019 at 03:39 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to All Darc For This Useful Post:
freebeard (12-24-2019)
Old 01-10-2020, 12:56 PM   #199 (permalink)
Banned

Not just yeast, but micro algae can also be used to produce proteins very similar to egg white proteins.

https://www.foodnavigator.com/Articl...g-white-market

https://www.fumiingredients.com/

95% less CO2 produced compared with true egg white...
The interesting its that they didn't needed to make genetic alterations to the algae's DNA.

The big question are: 1-What is the potencial price when it reachers high scale production? Could it compete with real egg white?

2-Will it be easier or cheaper than the production made by genetic altered yeast?

Last edited by All Darc; 01-10-2020 at 01:03 PM..
Old 01-31-2020, 10:43 AM   #200 (permalink)
Banned

Looks like the USA government wants to make americans turn into pigs to die early:

Why a Salad Costs More than a Big Mac:

https://apps.carleton.edu/sustainabi...tory_id=347481

About the vegan meat project I doing, well, I had a quite disapointed, last 2 weaks, with the reaction flavors based in yeast extracts, since they are just one flavor to use with other, and soy proteins, as other concentrated vegetal protein, tends to traps aromas. I found more information and talked with some technicians from food engineering, and I thing that this was the reason. The yeast extrats aromas I have, according ne engineer, was not strong enough and I need other aromas to combine. He use such combinations and said that work fine, but he did not gave his recipe, since it's a industry recipe he develop for clients when requested.

But now I'm in touch with a famous flavor company with strong aromas, and I hope they will help to fix things.

I did more tests, even without the new aromas yet, using more umami extract, and got som yummi burgers, despite not meat taste yet. A meat eater liked.
I presume i will have some success in the end, when get the new aromas, with something that if not really very close to meat, at least will remamber meat taste and be a yummi patty.

But I know there are vegans that do not look for a burger with exact same meat taste, but just some very yummi taste. Some of them even don't like meat taste itself. For other side I presume that such preference it's a minority among people who buy vegan burgers.

Last edited by All Darc; 01-31-2020 at 10:59 AM..
Reply  Post New Thread