Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2014, 10:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksa8907 View Post
Its about the money. Period.
I would never give money as charity to the most well funded entities in our country.

Likewise hemp was originally banned because of cotton growers in the 1930's that no longer exist today. The native americans grew hemp as their livehood as nothing else grew there, then big brother figured somebody might loose money on cotten, bam illegal.

The non-medical hemp is a great superfood and has hundreds of uses, we should have focused on getting that legal again as there is literally no reason not to.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-11-2014, 10:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Volt, gas only - '12 Chevrolet Volt Premium
90 day: 38.02 mpg (US)

Volt, electric only - '12 Chevrolet Volt Premium
90 day: 132.26 mpg (US)

Yukon Denali Hybrid - '12 GMC Yukon Denali Hybrid
90 day: 21.48 mpg (US)
Used to grow wild in some county's here in indiana. Probably still does in some places, but after years of spraying ditches and open fields with herbicides its pretty well wiped out.

Old 11-12-2014, 12:43 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay635703 View Post
I always thought the THC was the painkiller?

Likewise when it comes to dealing with pain there is something to be said about both killing the pain and becoming ignorant of it. Many drug do one or the other. Fibromialgia drugs for example just make you ignorant and disconnected so you don't care about the pain.

Sounds like both bases are covered on maryjane, no idea how I would get my father out there though.

With a republican in the Governors office in wisconsin the likelyhood of medical mary jane is about as likely as a real reduction in taxes on the middle and lower classes (including fees).

Ah well.
THC is just one of a family of cannabinoids that are responsible for it's effectiveness. THC is solely responsible for the psychotropic effects.

Staunchly Republican Alaska just legalized marijuana for recreational use. It could still be done.

2001 Civic HX Mods

CTS-V

2003 Silverado Mods
Old 11-12-2014, 05:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Somehow I see this thread going terribly wrong, but maybe you care less about politics when you use marijuana?

When I was Active Duty, my reputation for playing World of Warcraft was probably bigger than mine for integrity. I had a Platoon Sergeant tell me that he knew that I would never lie to him, so he asked me awkward questions that inspired ire in my platoon mates. I regularly had Soldiers tell me that I stayed up all night, every night playing.

Really? I tried diligently to sleep eight hours every night. That was much easier before I deployed. I took Zzzquil and melatonin last night, went to bed at 10pm, and awoke at 2am. Dang it...

If I had a garage, I would probably ecomod when I cannot sleep at night, but I am not about to go out in the dark and make noise. If I cannot sleep, all that I usually want to do is play WoW, which I also did as much as I could while deployed.

It helped me forget where I was.

I really do not know where I am going with this, maybe I will remember, but I cannot help but think that I am writing like something is affecting my brain.

Lack of sleep. I have averaged five hours for the last week and a half. I am keeping a log.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Yeah, I really dont understand how it works. Ive taken a lot of medication and either it works, makes me rather sleepy, no highness or in between. Ive also used a range of solvents, paints, chemicals, etc and never got the high effect either.

The way the body handles pain is kind of a mystery in itself at times and is more of a perception. Seems when things are going well the pain is less and when things are going bad, the pain is worse.

The reason my profile says bondage/sm for hobbies is that having a girl friend of complete strange from craigs list tie you up and play with your guy parts can give you a good escape from what ever hurts for a few hours. Sometimes you can over do it and make the pain worse.

Looks like either state is quite a drive, so I was going to take greyhound there and back. Wonder if AAA has any tour packages for first timers?
Old 11-13-2014, 01:29 AM   #16 (permalink)
Polymorphic Modder

2006 DaCivic Hybrid - '06 Honda Civic Hybrid
90 day: 45.16 mpg (US)
Saw a TED talk on low tech methods of pain relief. Here's one method they talked about.

Low-tech pain relief | Mosaic
Old 11-13-2014, 03:07 AM   #17 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
My L5/S1 disc is demolished and impinged the nerve that controls my right leg. I didn't have any insurance and urgent care would only give me a 3 day supply of hydrocodone. The pain became so bad that some nights I didn't sleep at all, for even a brief moment. I went from 190 pounds down to 160 pounds in 2 months because it hurt too bad to fix something to eat. There was one weekend where I didn't eat anything from Friday night until Monday morning.

My coworker saw my misery and gave me a bottle of codeine. He bought it over the counter in Canada. I'd take a half tab to get out of bed and shower, half a tab to go to sleep, and a half tab anytime during the day when the pain got too intense to listen to what people were saying; about 2.5 pills per day.

Not knowing if I'd ever get better and seeing myself waste away, I called my cousin and asked if marijuana would be effective at killing the pain. The same cousin that has wanted me to try marijuana for years told me that it wouldn't really help. I'd still feel the pain, I just wouldn't care.

The funny thing in all this excruciating pain was that I began dating a girl I had met before the injury. Since it hurt to do anything (even nothing), the only dates I would arrange would be to a hot tub. After about a month, she dumped me. Years later- this August, I ran into her at the Hood to Coast relay race. She smiled and said I'll always be Hot-tub Jon to her.

Anyhow, the inflammation subsided by itself after the 2 longest months of my life. I learned not to lift anything heavier than about 50 pounds, and that all of the advice I had been given was worthless. People said to try acupuncture, stretching, surgery, physical therapy, chiropractic, yoga, etc. I went to a chiropractor once and he told me the bad news is that my back is really messed up, but the good news is that 32 visits to his office would get me straightened out. Well, my back got better on its own during the same exact time-frame he said it would take to heal.

My advice- loose as much weight as you can while staying within the lower portion of "healthy" on the BMI scale. Then, keep active by walking or riding a bicycle. Lastly, visit Canada and stock up on bottles of Codeine, and take the absolute minimum dose to get through your day. You don't want an opiate addiction, and you certainly don't want the efficacy of the drug to wear out due to tolerance. Don't expect pain-free, just manageable pain.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
Old 11-13-2014, 12:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
Forget weed. I just got a medical hot tub. Mmmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

Old 11-13-2014, 01:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
I can take one, then do 6 hours yard work til it wears off, then it hurts to lift my legs off the ground and I shuffle like when I walk.
You don't see the cause-effect relationship there? I don't have major back problems, but if I go out and do six straight hours of yard work, then my back & shoulders will ache, and I'll be shuffling around the next day.

Same with overdoing ANY physical activity I'm not in shape for. If I try to ski all day the first time it snows, I'll be crippled up for the next 2-3 days. If I ride the horse 10 miles or so the first time we're out in the spring, we'll both be crippled up, but after a few weeks of gradually increasing activity, that same ride is a pleasant afternoon out for both of us.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:25 PM   #20 (permalink)
Just cruisin’ along

Beater Echo - '00 Toyota Echo
90 day: 42.67 mpg (US)

Hondizzle - '97 Honda Civic DX
Team Honda
90 day: 46.55 mpg (US)

Shaggin Waggin - '14 Chrysler Town + Country
90 day: 22.56 mpg (US)
I have strong feelings on this subject, but I'm not sure I feel comfortable talking about it in such a public way.

Don't forget about the NSA - they won't forget about you!!

'97 Honda Civic DX Coupe 5MT - dead 2/23
'00 Echo - dead 2/17
'14 Chrysler Town + Country - My DD, for now
'67 Mustang Convertible - gone 1/17
Reply  Post New Thread