Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2014, 06:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Medical marijuana?

So, anyone with issues with back pain and inflammation have any success with this? I use to handle my back pain with OCs from my dad and anabolic steroids. My doctor will prescribe steroids for me, but that doesnt help all. I was giving tylenol 3# however it does more for my dental pain, than back. Ive joked about heading to CO to try pot legally to see if there is any merit.

I dont know why my doctors dont want to prescribe pills that work?

Can I really take a bus to CO and light up without getting arrested? Do I need to live there x number of days?

Just wondering.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-11-2014, 07:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
So, anyone with issues with back pain and inflammation have any success with this? I use to handle my back pain with OCs from my dad and anabolic steroids. My doctor will prescribe steroids for me, but that doesnt help all. I was giving tylenol 3# however it does more for my dental pain, than back. Ive joked about heading to CO to try pot legally to see if there is any merit.

I dont know why my doctors dont want to prescribe pills that work?

Can I really take a bus to CO and light up without getting arrested? Do I need to live there x number of days?

Just wondering.
I live in Washington state where it is also legal. Both states you can legally toke up, even if you live out of state. Colorado even has a thriving tourism industry based around this.

It is, however, still illegal federally. To date, that issue has not been enforced in either state. There are also limitations on how much you can have and you can't use it in public, but that shouldn't be a problem for what you are proposing.

2001 Civic HX Mods

CTS-V

2003 Silverado Mods
Old 11-11-2014, 08:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcane View Post
I live in Washington state where it is also legal. Both states you can legally toke up, even if you live out of state. Colorado even has a thriving tourism industry based around this.

It is, however, still illegal federally. To date, that issue has not been enforced in either state. There are also limitations on how much you can have and you can't use it in public, but that shouldn't be a problem for what you are proposing.
Doesn't answer if it actually works ()though I have heard it is more effective than morphine?

I thought about taking a side trip to drop my father off there when I was out west, he couldn't smoke due to asthma but perhaps a brownie or somesuch?

Anyway he is crippled up with severe backpain from having a broken back, shoulder, neck. He has a couple feet of steel in him and needs to exercise but can't because he gets crippled, falls down and is unable to move if he exerts too much.

Anyone know if it really is a decent painkiller or does it just make you not care that you have the pain like other drugs?

Thanx
Ryan
Old 11-11-2014, 08:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Yeah, I want to take one of those tourist trips to either place by bus.

Ive had a range of drugs and stuff. Ironically some work, then what works fails afterwards. To date Oxycodone seems to work the best, but its the drug dr least want to prescribe.

I can take one, then do 6 hours yard work til it wears off, then it hurts to lift my legs off the ground and I shuffle like when I walk.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay635703 View Post
Doesn't answer if it actually works ()though I have heard it is more effective than morphine?

I thought about taking a side trip to drop my father off there when I was out west, he couldn't smoke due to asthma but perhaps a brownie or somesuch?

Anyway he is crippled up with severe backpain from having a broken back, shoulder, neck. He has a couple feet of steel in him and needs to exercise but can't because he gets crippled, falls down and is unable to move if he exerts too much.

Anyone know if it really is a decent painkiller or does it just make you not care that you have the pain like other drugs?

Thanx
Ryan
I didn't answer that because I have never taken even a single toke of marijuana, so I don't have any first-hand info.

I know a lot of people who claim it is effective for reducing pain. And that it works well even when other pain medications are ineffective.

However, nearly all of those same people will balk at taking Marijuana-based medication that does not get you high (no THC) even though it is supposed to be as effective as a medicine...

2001 Civic HX Mods

CTS-V

2003 Silverado Mods
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darcane For This Useful Post:
Cobb (11-12-2014), Fat Charlie (11-13-2014)
Old 11-11-2014, 09:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
home of the odd vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcane View Post
I didn't answer that because I have never taken even a single toke of marijuana, so I don't have any first-hand info.

I know a lot of people who claim it is effective for reducing pain. And that it works well even when other pain medications are ineffective.

However, nearly all of those same people will balk at taking Marijuana-based medication that does not get you high (no THC) even though it is supposed to be as effective as a medicine...
I always thought the THC was the painkiller?

Likewise when it comes to dealing with pain there is something to be said about both killing the pain and becoming ignorant of it. Many drug do one or the other. Fibromialgia drugs for example just make you ignorant and disconnected so you don't care about the pain.

Sounds like both bases are covered on maryjane, no idea how I would get my father out there though.

With a republican in the Governors office in wisconsin the likelyhood of medical mary jane is about as likely as a real reduction in taxes on the middle and lower classes (including fees).

Ah well.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Geo XL1 - '94 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Boat tails and more mods
90 day: 72.22 mpg (US)

Big, Bad & Flat - '01 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 21.13 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,353 Times in 711 Posts

The United States federal government holds a "medical patent" for all cannabinoids -- a patent which it has held since 2003.

Patent US6630507 - Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants - Google Patents

They hold a patent [on marijuana] in one hand, and in the other hand, same government says it has no medical applications.

Things that make you go "hmmm"...

>
The Following User Says Thank You to redneck For This Useful Post:
Cobb (11-12-2014)
Old 11-11-2014, 09:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Not bad for a machine

Maechunbu - Retired - '00 Kia Sephia 1.8I4 16VDOHC
Last 3: 45.28 mpg (US)

Slasher - '96 Chevy Corsica 2.2L 3speedauto
Duct Tape Aero Crew
Team Chevy
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)
I enjoy it for my own self happiness and amusement. My grandmother uses it as a replacement for morphine. Works well for both of us#

The Following User Says Thank You to dirtydave For This Useful Post:
Cobb (11-12-2014)
Old 11-11-2014, 09:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
home of the odd vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck View Post

The United States federal government holds a "medical patent" for all cannabinoids -- a patent which it has held since 2003.

Patent US6630507 - Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants - Google Patents

They hold a patent [on marijuana] in one hand, and in the other hand, same government says it has no medical applications.

Things that make you go "hmmm"...

>
The government always walks a fine line on drugs, that patent is likely an excellent way to prevent demand for forming for the illegal substance.

In the case of maryjane damned if you do damned if you don't, addicts are a drain on society in both situations, the question is which is better and easier to deal with?

Likewise are addicts addicted to regulated substances that are many times more harmfull, better for society than the other kind of addicts?

Ah well.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Volt, gas only - '12 Chevrolet Volt Premium
90 day: 38.02 mpg (US)

Volt, electric only - '12 Chevrolet Volt Premium
90 day: 132.26 mpg (US)

Yukon Denali Hybrid - '12 GMC Yukon Denali Hybrid
90 day: 21.48 mpg (US)
I have 0 experience personally, but it has very good anti-inflammatory properties and can trigger the release of endorphins which will suppress pain. Together it makes for a great pain relief drug.

And while we're talking about using it as a medication, why do you think the feds are so resistant to using it as a cancer treatment? Because drug makers rake in big bucks pushing chemo. How about all those charity dollars for cancer research and financial assistance for treatment.

Its about the money. Period.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ksa8907 For This Useful Post:
chumly (11-13-2014), Cobb (11-12-2014)
Reply  Post New Thread