Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2014, 11:33 PM   #31 (permalink)
Not bad for a machine

Maechunbu - Retired - '00 Kia Sephia 1.8I4 16VDOHC
Last 3: 45.28 mpg (US)

Slasher - '96 Chevy Corsica 2.2L 3speedauto
Duct Tape Aero Crew
Team Chevy
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)
Woah woah woah WOAH This thread is about weed.

Let's stay on topic here!

blaze it up.

In Maryland anything under 10 grams is only a $100 fine. Get caught with those pills without a script you are facing serious time.

The side effects of weed are happy, sleepy, hungry.
What's the side effects of those pills? Death possibly? Probably.

Be safe yall. And come couch surf if you want the doors open!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-14-2014, 12:25 AM   #32 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 31.19 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I watched a recent Weird Al video on YouTube and it suggested a playlist that had some long video of some guy that acted like I knew who he was talking about all of the great things that he had done with some show called "Equals Three," which I was supposed to know, also, but he was quitting. The next time that I saw Equals Three I watched, just some guy talking about popular videos, cursing, and throwing dolls at the wall. With one video, he talked about the guy being on marijuana, and said he should not try to match stereotypes, and he listed three things that people are supposed to do while high on weed, which apparently the guy in the clip did.

I walked to my favorite Mexican restaurant and when I was leaving, a man and a woman walked in. The woman was wearing a Jamaican-style knit cap and had a t-shirt with a giant marijuana leaf on the front. He asked what she wanted and she said "One of everything, man."
Old 11-14-2014, 08:04 AM   #33 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
I have strong feelings on this subject, but I'm not sure I feel comfortable talking about it in such a public way.

Don't forget about the NSA - they won't forget about you!!
They already know. In case they weren't actively watching us because of all the militia talk in the past, I've gone ahead and reported all of us.

If you're really concerned about coming to their attention and want to keep a low profile, here's a handy list of tips:
You May Already Be an FBI Terror Suspect: 85 Things Not to Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

Old 11-14-2014, 07:58 PM   #34 (permalink)
Cd
Ultimate Fail

Thanked 1,121 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Charlie View Post
They already know. In case they weren't actively watching us because of all the militia talk in the past, I've gone ahead and reported all of us.

If you're really concerned about coming to their attention and want to keep a low profile, here's a handy list of tips:
You May Already Be an FBI Terror Suspect: 85 Things Not to Do

I'm guessing that link is a trigger itself !
Just as FaceBook is like 1984 - everyone fills out their own profile for Big Brother.

When I was younger, I though it was a crazy idea that somehow your every move and action would be known by someone. The impossibility of it all was laughable. As if the government or some other organization could hire enough people to track every person in the US.... but here we are today with everyone willingly inputting the data into the collective mind of the internet.
Its called FaceBook and Twitter.

A guy i work with gets so annoyed with this twits tweets to him ( who cares that you just walked into the mall or whatever ) that he swore to me he would tweet back to her to let her know he was taking a dump.

Oh, and about the earlier thing i mentioned about the speed of sound and such, yes i realize that mach one fluctuates with altitude and other variables, but the point i was making was that this was the number that i read as a kid and i remember it to this day, yet cant remember five minutes ago if i get in anxiety under stress.

And finally to get back onto the original topic, here we go :

But seriously, i thought we were talking about MEDICAL problems related to this subject ( of which anxiety and back pain certainly are ! )
Old 11-14-2014, 09:47 PM   #35 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cd View Post
... but here we are today with everyone willingly inputting the data into the collective mind of the internet.
Its called FaceBook and Twitter.
Not quite everyone, you know. I see no point in participating in either: there's nothing much I want the world to know about me, and I have no worthwhile thoughts that could be compressed to the length of a Twitter message.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:17 PM   #36 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Anyhoo, pain is usually from 1 of 3 enzymes, cox 1, cox 2 or cox 3. Most drugs block certain cox. Arthritis is usually cox 2, other pains are cox 1 and 3. The hard drugs do better at all 3 or cox 3. The lighter drugs do cox 1. This is my loose understanding of it.

Then the bodys muscle/nervous system can remember pain and sometimes make a chronic pain situation and echo pain signals when there is in fact currently no pain at that point. Thats where the TENS or other electrical stimulation help. Thats why Id like to get tasered in that part of my back.

Ironically when I am sick or have an injury I can better manage the pain on my own. I had broken my foot a few years ago. I would brace myself and purposely twist it to make it hurt like a mutha. Within 3-5 seconds Id feel this wave of heat throughout my body, a rush and other pains vanish.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:40 PM   #37 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,572 Times in 7,058 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Charlie
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123
I have strong feelings on this subject, but I'm not sure I feel comfortable talking about it in such a public way.

Don't forget about the NSA - they won't forget about you!!
Well, thank you so much for that. (As if they need your help)

I may or may not have more to say when the clear light of dawn breaks over another West Coast state on 20150701.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:27 PM   #38 (permalink)
Cd
Ultimate Fail

Thanked 1,121 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydave View Post
Woah woah woah WOAH This thread is about weed.

Let's stay on topic here!

The side effects of weed are happy, sleepy, hungry.
What's the side effects of those pills? Death possibly? Probably.
Going by what little I know of it, pot has the side effect of making you 'spaced out'.

Besides anxiety and depression, I also have a huge problem with concentration ( Sound like ADD ? )
I would think that medical marijuana would make this even worse though.

I was just looking at 'study drugs' like Rittilin or this other one i cant think of adderol or something like that. A girl at work takes them and says they are habit forming and can mess you up.
I read that the long term effects of these study drugs is also not known.

How habit forming is the legal marijuana ? As i mentioned previous, i couldn't give a crap about the 'high' and just want to be rid of my anxiety. ( And would prefer it without the high )

Is legal pot messed with ( can you get side effects from it like a factory drug )

This is a really taboo topic for a car forum. I'm sure Darin would be in agreement there ! Where else should i take these questions ?

I'm part of a Social anxiety forum. I'll start posting there. My anxiety gets worse and worse each year. I hope the topic is not taboo there too. ( I haven't posted there in about two years. )

Back to the back problems, have you guys tried those machines that let you hang upside down to decompress the back ? The majority of my back problems are in my neck ( fused and twisted vertebrae ) and i have shrunk over an inch in the last few years.
So to extend my bones out there i would have to hang myself

Edit : O.K. end of topic for me - I'm moving over to a forum on Social Anxiety.
From what I have read, some strains of pot can be good for anxiety, while others actually make it worse. I doubt insurance covers it anyways. Good luck guys and let get back to talking about ecomodding !

Edit : As promised, i'm not posting in this thread again, but sidestepping it a bit to add that i recently found my old meds. They are called Sertriline, and i'm thinking of going back on them.
The depression is really hitting me hard lately.
You know what really sucks is to realize that you have been so afraid of living life that you end up keeping yourself from living life.
You wake up one day and realize that the things you planned to do when you began to live life are no longer possible because you are now old.
You blew your chance at life and now its too late.
I'm my worst enemy and i have been keeping myself a captive of my own mind.
Will i get back on the meds ? Most likely not.
I'm just waiting to die.

Last edited by Cd; 11-29-2014 at 04:19 PM..
Old 11-16-2014, 06:36 PM   #39 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanks, Ill look into the tourist weed trips. I dont want to knowing or unknowingly do anything illegal. Ill still search out pain therapy again or another doctor.

Cd, most people dont put much thought into social situations. Some leave what happens to chance, others over think it.

I once had what I thought was a great girl friend, smart, funny. One day we had an epiphany. She said something really profounding. She said if we had kids they would be too smart and would end up killing themselves.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:44 PM   #40 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,572 Times in 7,058 Posts
Cd -- My folks had a backswing. I tried it a few times and found that putting all your weight on the tops of your ankles is uncomfortable.

What I use is a https://www.google.com/search?q=Ma+roller. I can use it standing up against a wall (with a vertical furring strip to keep it centered). I can use it on everything—upper, lower and middle back—except the upper neck.

Cobb -- Profounding? Profoundly sad that someone would wish that on hypothetical others. Also, read your Thoreau on civil disobedience, maybe "Resistance To Civil Government.

Reply  Post New Thread