Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Maybe you can use. REXadoodle?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #22 (permalink)
Learning Aeromodding

Metro - '93 Geo Metro 4 door hatchback
90 day: 35.26 mpg (US)
Lol!

Facts behind the "Doodle": When I was little, like 4-6 years old, my mom would call me her little "do do". Because I was always busy doing something. Over the years between my sister and mom, my nickname got changed to Dudie, Dude, and Doodlebug. All still currently being used today, and I'm still as busy doing things as ever.

When I was looking to name my RAV, suggestions such as RAVanous and other similar names just didn't fit. I'm a pretty gentle/caring person, and RAVanous (or even if I was to spell it RAV&us), just didn't fit. I wanted something to tie my RAV to me as she is my first vehicle. When my mom suggested RAVadoodle, it was PERFECT!! And it's more feminine as well.

However, with my CRX, he's a different story all together. He's definitely a he because he looks like a he to me , and he's been driven by women 20 of his 22 years. I was hoping for a vehicle that would be a bit more of a spitfire (in the spunky/playful sense). And he's every bit of that!

I'm looking for something unique and playful. Something with REX in it would be okay, as that ties it to the Honda flavor yumminess that he is. Lol.

It would be fun if you guys helped me name him. Any suggestions, ideas, or directions of name ideas are more then welcome!
Old 03-25-2013, 05:16 PM   #23 (permalink)
The PRC.

I'm not normally sentimental about nicknames or other things but I still call my son "little fella" even though he is taller than his mum and will be taller than me quite soon - I'm picturing the little kid of 5 still. And my wife (who is less sentimental than me) uses my old nickname for her as a password - and no, I won't be posting it

But I like to nickname cars I like - if there is no name there is no bond, and so I will end up resenting it when it breaks or lets me down or I will just look for an excuse for it to go.

On topic - finding a name for a car is something that only the owner should do IMHO - your nickname is given by your family based on your character, behaviour and attributes.

You have to think about that character and those attributes your CRX has. Maybe its a noise when it does something, something about an angle when you look at it, something it has managed to do, something it has failed to do too Or something you had to buy, or resisted buying.

Or indeed anything else.

Good luck.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
Learning Aeromodding

Good points, and well put. I know the name will be VERY special.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:43 PM   #25 (permalink)
The PRC.

I'm sure the suggestions will be good, but you have to decide.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #26 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

My friends nicknamed betsie the angry bumble bee.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #27 (permalink)
Learning Aeromodding

Lol, that's good. I don't agree with the angry part, but you or your friend would know better then me.
I was sad when I found out HFs don't come in Y-49. (yellow color) I wonder if Betsie is the only Y-49 HF in the world? Course she's not EXACTLY a full HF.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:39 PM   #28 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

The Angry Bumble Bee came from the fact that, every time I needed to get on the highway, I would have to wind her up to get up to speed. So as you know with the airplane gears that we have, there is a lot of getting close to red lining in the lower gears to go from 25 mph to 70-75 mph in 2-3 seconds. they said that she sounded angry when I would push her so hard. It was kind of like those Hondas that you see that make all that noise doing less than 20 mph.

About the Y-49, the previous owner had her painted. He like the Y-49 and had an Si in that color as well. She was originally Polar White /Frost White (NH1 i think) with blue interior. It seems that Blue interior is so darn hard to find. It make my restoration very difficult. It is true though, she is not a full HF, she is better. Her heart is what should have been the eventual evolution of the CRX, the D15z7 (JDM D15b Three Stage VTEC). Other than that. She is all stock, but with an SI breather box since the HF one wont fit. Oh and Altezza lights because the accident broke the originals.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:32 PM   #29 (permalink)
OCD Master EcoModder

Outasight - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 54.18 mpg (US)
How far did you get now with the lug nuts? I did a set a year ago, still driving with them. Did you already epoxy the nuts inside?

I used screws about 2.5" long to hold the nuts in place for epoxying. Use an extra nut on outside of lug nut to hold it all together while drying. Use a tiny bit of anti seize on screw so it doesn't bond to the nut. Watch out not to get epoxy on lug nut threads, wipe it off quickly, I used q tips with heads cut off. They made good sticks.

Last edited by brucepick; 03-26-2013 at 10:46 PM..
Old 03-30-2013, 09:09 PM   #30 (permalink)
OCD Master EcoModder

Outasight - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 54.18 mpg (US)
Bump.
How are those lug nuts?

Reply  Post New Thread