Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2020, 03:36 PM   #291 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,612 Times in 7,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck
This is interesting, and troubling at the same time.
I saw a suggestion (I've already forgotten where) that they might be turning off their phones in self-defense. The fine article has other suggestions.

Quote:
I have watched few videos lately unrelated to the outbreak.
Do you follow X22 Report or IPOT? Their coverage continues to look behind The [Baudrillardian] Spectacle:

Do Not Fear, Look For Message, Dark To Light, Operators Ready - Episode 2128b [mirrored]

4-10-20. It's going to be Biblical.

edit:
The Hollywierd elites are opesourcing their internal communications now, but Maddona in her bathtub is no match for 8-kun.

Last edited by freebeard; 03-24-2020 at 03:42 PM..

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-24-2020, 03:46 PM   #292 (permalink)
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.1 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
India imposes total lockdown (on 1/5th of the total world population)

https://www.ft.com/content/4ac1266a-...8-2d68ddc1485c
Quote:
India to impose lockdown on nation of 1.4bn
Narendra Modi says India will lock down for the next 21 days as he appeals to citizens to remain indoors
Enough is enough. Hundreds of Indian people (536 as of now) got infected... No time to waste.

I'm envious.

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.

Old 03-24-2020, 07:52 PM   #293 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,628 Times in 1,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
I ran across this:
That's happening, but it's not actually uncommon for the gangs to illegally enforce curfews on the Rio de Janeiro slums.

Quote:
Can they get me toilet paper and hand sanitizer, too?
Not sure about it. They might be rolling the weed on toilet paper right now

Old 03-24-2020, 10:13 PM   #294 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

spyder2 - '00 Toyota MR2 Spyder
Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck View Post

This is interesting, and troubling at the same time.
>
Without stating what I think, I am very very curious: How skeptical are you when you read that? How deeply do you check the source? If you never heard about it ever again, what do you assume?

Old 03-24-2020, 10:35 PM   #295 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,219 Times in 1,710 Posts
Cripple, why do they normally enforce curfews?

Will you please look at this? Someone made a sign asking people to leave things at the door, ring the bell, and leave. I provided a Spanish translation, will you please do Portuguese? http://imgur.com/a/9ryj46a

Old 03-24-2020, 10:46 PM   #296 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,219 Times in 1,710 Posts
"The United States could become the global epicenter of the coronavirus pandemic, the World Health Organization said on Tuesday, as India announced a full 24-hour, nationwide lockdown in the world’s second-most populous country." -Reuters

"Jordanian Prime Minister Omar Razzaz said on Tuesday the government would allow people to go on foot to buy groceries in neighbourhood shops to ease daily life for the nearly 10 million inhabitants under a tight curfew to stem the spread of the coronavirus." -Reuters

I believe that we need much stricter restrictions, but on foot? The nearest store is a mile away and I am closer than most.

"SARS-CoV-2 RNA was identified on a variety of surfaces in cabins of both symptomatic and asymptomatic infected passengers up to 17 days after cabins were vacated on the Diamond Princess but before disinfection procedures had been conducted (Takuya Yamagishi, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, personal communication, 2020).

...and we are doomed!

When Meet Kevin listed jobs during the outbreak he mentioned delivering packages for Target and suggested wearing a respirator and exposure suit and spray down everything when you drop it off. He suggested that people would be more likely to tip you.

Where can I find Lysol?!

Someone on the radio asked if we should sterilize our packages, but said that since the CDC didn't tell us to, we don't need to worry about it!

[worrying intensifies!]

"Seven in 10 Americans now consider the coronavirus pandemic to be “a serious threat to me and my family,” according to a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll that shows how wide, bipartisan segments of the country feel their lives have been turned upside down by the health crisis.

The March 18-24 poll, released on Tuesday, found that 68% of U.S. adults agreed that the virus was a serious existential threat, up 14 percentage points from a similar poll that ran last week. This includes majorities of Democrats and Republicans, whites, minorities, young, old, urban, suburban and rural residents. " -Reuters

"Facebook Inc said on Tuesday the coronavirus outbreak was undercutting sales of the advertising that accounts for nearly all of its revenue, even as more users spend time on the social network during virus-related lockdowns. -Reuters

Poor Zuckerberg!

"Australia is grappling with an accelerating number of coronavirus infections that political leaders warned on Wednesday could start overwhelming intensive care units, as case numbers across the country surged past 2,250." -Reuters

"U.S. Princess Donald Trump pressed his case on Tuesday for a re-opening of the U.S. economy by mid-April despite a surge in coronavirus cases, downplaying the pandemic as he did in its early stages by comparing it to the seasonal flu. " -Reuters

What economy if a hundred million people are sick?

"Senior Pentagon leaders said on Tuesday that the fast-spreading coronavirus outbreak that has hit the United States could continue for months and that the military would continue to support efforts to counter it for as long as needed." -Reuters

Here they are transporting goods to stores and stocking them at night.

"New Jersey man charged with terroristic threat after coughing on supermarket employee and telling her that he had coronavirus - APP" -Reuters

"Dow closes up 2,112 points (11.3%) as Congress nears coronavirus stimulus deal, making it the best day on Wall Street since 1933 - CNBC" -BNO News

They actually made progress?

"Los Angeles County reports first child death in the U.S. linked to coronavirus; no further details" -BNO News

I like kids!

"New York Governor Andrew Cuomo warned that the city `is a test case' and urged other states to `look at us today... we are your future'.

He said: "New York is the canary in the coal mine, New York is happening first, what is happening to New York will happen to California and Illinois, it is just a matter of time.'" -BBC

“The U.S. is past this opportunity to control (COVID-19) without shutdown,' [Bill] Gates said during a TED Connects program broadcast online. `We did not act fast enough to have an ability to avoid the shutdown.'" -CNBC

Old 03-24-2020, 11:45 PM   #297 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,612 Times in 7,093 Posts
Quote:
"The United States could become the global epicenter of the coronavirus pandemic, the World Health Organization said on Tuesday, as India announced a full 24-hour, nationwide lockdown in the world’s second-most populous country." -Reuters
Here's a page full of results that all say Europe is now the epicenter.

The USofA would be better off without LA [Hollywood], New York and Chicago. It's now becoming more obvious. SF and Seattle. Poop-hole cities.

Old 03-25-2020, 12:23 AM   #298 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,395 Times in 3,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
"New York Governor Andrew Cuomo warned that the city `is a test case' and urged other states to `look at us today... we are your future'.

He said: "New York is the canary in the coal mine, New York is happening first, what is happening to New York will happen to California and Illinois, it is just a matter of time.'"
NY is the canary in the coal mine for those cities that are similarly a coal mine.

Most cities are not so dense and dirty though.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Old 03-25-2020, 12:40 AM   #299 (permalink)
Luddite

ol-green - '96 Honda Civic LX
Team Honda
90 day: 50.11 mpg (US)
Ecomodder.com is the only place I get my news, thanks dudes.

The Following User Says Thank You to deluxx For This Useful Post:
freebeard (03-25-2020)
Old 03-25-2020, 12:44 AM   #300 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

spyder2 - '00 Toyota MR2 Spyder
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
NY is the canary in the coal mine for those cities that are similarly a coal mine.

Most cities are not so dense and dirty though.
Yea honestly, I don't understand why people aren't criticizing Cuomo/de Blasio for not acting earlier. NYC is the only city in the US where public transit heavily dominates, and where population density is high enough that residential high-rises are common.

It is the one city that should've been worried several weeks ago and he did nothing then. SF, LA, Chicago are not nearly as bad for disease transmission.

Now the politicians are trying to sound heroic. Give me a break. New Jersey locked down before New York City did.

Closed Thread  Post New Thread