Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2011, 09:01 AM   #61 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
You should keep a fuel log on this site, so you can easily and reliably share results with the forum when you have completed this water injection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
Water mist injection has proven its self on turbo diesels.
With N/A gassers it seems to do little if anything for FE, it does appear to reduce NOx and that is about it. As far as I can tell it hasn't really been tried on turbo gas motors for fuel economy. Using water and water methanol on forced induction gas engines to boost performance goes back to WWII.

You would need saftey systems to turn the water on at the right time. This is how I would wire it up:
The system would get power from an "ignition on" source or through an oil pressure switch that controls the fuel pump. To control the water system turn on you could use MSD rpm activated switchs and adjustable boost/vacuum switchs.
All those switches and what not would send power to the coil of a relay.
Then relay contacts would send power to the water pump and/or solenoids when directed by RPM and boost/vacuum switchs.

Or get about $500 to $800 together and call snowperformance.

I plan on running water injection on my diesel for economy and water/methanol in my car for added performance with out running expensive gas. I would like to run around 12:1 compression on my next engine build.
The water injection system I have put together for my diesel has about $200 total into it so far. I bought enough parts to build a 3 stage system, 1 pump, 2 solenoids, 3 adjustable boost switches, 4 mist nozzles (each a different size for tuning) and a low water level float switch. (still need to find or build a water tank).

See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-18-2011, 06:27 PM   #62 (permalink)
Corporate imperialist

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,802 Posts
I will do.
I plan on getting a small base line sample this fall with a 1,700 road trip, with the brand new high compression diesel engine, no turbo and no water.
Turbo and water injection will go on this fall/winter at the same time since the water injection and boost controler I am building for this are one and the same (I sunk about $1000 into the turbo so far and got every thing but the intercooler, have about $200 in water injection parts too).
Water injection is a great test subject since you can turn the water off or on when ever you would like.
Few ecomodds allow them selves to be tested so easy.

Reply  Post New Thread