Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2011, 08:20 PM   #21 (permalink)
Wiki Mod

Max - '14 Ford C-Max SEL
I live in a 8 miles out of town in a big patch of trees

Last year I graduated with a 4 yr degree in Facilities Management. 3 months ago I started work as a jack of all trades with a start up company. I help run the line, build stuff in the shop, and fix things. Some day it might turn into a salaried job but its just blue collar right now.

user name?
I help the National weather service as a skywarn weather spotter. I enjoy watching God's handiwork and His weather is Awesome!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-23-2011, 06:07 AM   #22 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Beast - '03 Nissan X-Trail SVE
Chatting

You say you graduated with a 4 yr degree in Facilities Management.
What is that exactly?
and 3 months ago got a job as a jack of all trades with a start up company, and you help run the line, kind of assistant Foreman/Manager and you build stuff in the shop, and fix things, like a maintenace guy,
at least you can do that a lot of youngsters today couldn't even knock a nail in wood, it seems the lights on but there is no one at home Haa

At least its a job, you hang on in there and show your willing it may become Salaried sooner than you think
Blue collar.??? What is that,
Does that mean Temporary

Here in the uk the un-employment is going up again, thanks to this government, and young guys like yourself are suffering, a lot of them have loads of qaulification but it means nothing because they dont have work experience.

You hang on in there
speak again soon
Brewin
Old 03-23-2011, 07:00 AM   #23 (permalink)
Musician w/ Light Wallet

SeaBiscuit - '98 Honda Civic DX Hatch
Team Honda
90 day: 39.99 mpg (US)
I'm in an urban location. I'm 25 and attending a university here. I'm also working as a computer technician at the university. I'll be finishing up a music degree with a minor in language studies pretty soon, and I'd like to serve the Kingdom (not the United Kingdom, HA!) with my education. I'm talking about Christ's Kingdom. Hey, "no king but Christ!" I'm really on a roll with my UK jokes today.

Anywho, gas is about $1 US per liter right now, maybe just under for a national average. I have been filling up at $0.94 per liter the last two tanks. I know diesel is a bit more expensive, not sure of the price on that here.

Keep in touch,
JMac
The Following User Says Thank You to JMac For This Useful Post:
Brewin (03-23-2011)
Old 03-23-2011, 07:27 AM   #24 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hi JMAC
So your a townie and at 25 your still a baby, i have a friend who's a computer technician, he built me a new pc last year and if i have problem I say steve you have a problem Haaa, I have to hand it to you guys he tries to explain stuff and it goes right over my head. I'm an electrcian and some of the stuff he says baffles me, but there again sometimes he phones me and ask's what colour is the earth cable Haaaa, as he has said on a number times each to there own.
so your doing music good for you, what languages are you doing, they always come in handy.
I live about half a mile outside a place called Stourbridge West Midlands uk. the fuel is a lot mor expensive here. The UK is having a budget today and we are expecting the chancellor to another 5p or 6p on fuel which would make gas about £1.43 per litre and diesel about £1.45 per litre.

keep in touch
Speak again soon
John
Old 03-23-2011, 07:29 AM   #25 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hi JMAC
So your a townie and at 25 your still a baby, i have a friend who's a computer technician, he built me a new pc last year and if i have problem I say steve you have a problem Haaa, I have to hand it to you guys he tries to explain stuff and it goes right over my head. I'm an electrcian and some of the stuff he says baffles me, but there again sometimes he phones me and ask's what colour is the earth cable Haaaa, as he has said on a number times each to there own.
so your doing music good for you, what languages are you doing, they always come in handy.
I live about half a mile outside a place called Stourbridge West Midlands uk. the fuel is a lot more expensive here. The UK is having a budget today and we are expecting the chancellor to put another 5p or 6p on fuel which would make gas about £1.43 per litre and diesel about £1.45 per litre.

keep in touch
Speak again soon
John
Old 03-23-2011, 07:48 AM   #26 (permalink)
Wiki Mod

Max - '14 Ford C-Max SEL
My degree is for a plant manager / project management/ head of maintenance. Its like the head of skilled trades and planning future needs.

As for what I do, I am one of 5 guys. Counting the president and secretary so I do it all. Some days I make prototypes in the wood shop. Others I am a pipe fitter running new air lines and water lines. Our building does not have a set of prints so I.am drawing one up on CAD. So yes I can do many things with my hands. Its fun. They pay me to do things I enjoy

Over here blue collar is a line worker/ hourly person
White collar is the salary people.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:29 AM   #27 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to conED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewin View Post
hi JMac
My car is a 2003 Nissan X-Trail 2.2 SVE diesel its a briliant vehicle and does 46/47mpg on a run. whats your car. Do you know where I can a OBD2 download for a nissan, tried my friends which he uses on a chrysler jeep Renegade BUT no comunication. Keep in touch Jmac
regards
Brewin

Second the motion. We do have the best car.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:50 PM   #28 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather Spotter View Post
My degree is for a plant manager / project management/ head of maintenance. Its like the head of skilled trades and planning future needs.

As for what I do, I am one of 5 guys. Counting the president and secretary so I do it all. Some days I make prototypes in the wood shop. Others I am a pipe fitter running new air lines and water lines. Our building does not have a set of prints so I.am drawing one up on CAD. So yes I can do many things with my hands. Its fun. They pay me to do things I enjoy

Over here blue collar is a line worker/ hourly person
White collar is the salary people.
Hi Weather Spotter
Bit brainy then haaa
I used to be a plant manager and head of maitenance years ago.
The secret to running the plant is preventative maintenance, meaning when the plant is down (Switched off) because everyone has finnished or gone home just spending half an hour or an hour checking it over ready for the next shift, just doing that can save a lote of down time.
What kind of machines are they,
Over here blue collar would be a production worker ie, piece worker, meaning the more they produce the more they would earn.
A white collar is management.
A very good friend once said to me if you enjoy your job and you love going to work its worth in your case another $100 a week
Speak again soon

John
Old 03-23-2011, 02:00 PM   #29 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Chatting

Quote:
Originally Posted by conED View Post
Second the motion. We do have the best car.
Hi conED welcome
I take it you have an X-Trail, I didn't think they had them over there, I was in NY in October and never saw one, You being a New Yorker i bet yours is the posh one, which one do you have?.
keep in touch
All the best

Brewin

Reply  Post New Thread