Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free > Open ReVolt: open source DC motor controller
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2010, 02:19 PM   #3981 (permalink)
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
No donations! I'm a dang charity case. hahahaha. Rama-lama-ding-dong, you should save your money. If you want a board though, I'll put you down for $20. The good news is, I just copied the powerex design, so there's no way it's wrong. Usually it takes me about 2 tries to get a board right.

mpgmike (01-18-2022)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-15-2010, 02:23 PM   #3982 (permalink)
AC-DC enthusiast

Dual-PWR PHEV - '04 Toyota Prius

Kopper - '79 Bradley Bradley GT-II
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
Not yet. I live in my mother-in-laws basement. hahaha. The first board purchase is always the most expensive, because they add the cost of who knows what to it. From China, for 5 boards, it will cost $100.45 including shipping. Anyone want to pay $20 each for one? I'm broke. The good news is, for 75 boards, it's $1.52 each, so in the long run it could be cheap, for the board at least.
Paul,
I'm adhere to the cause to.
Please PM me if I can be of further help. I'm sure that Jackbauer will do to as soon as he will find out.
Horacio

PS:
It is not mater of charity, is mater of helping the cause and the final end product
. . . . . . . .CALCars # 27. . . . . . . . . . ..on the works now !!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . ........
The Following User Says Thank You to mrbigh For This Useful Post:
mpgmike (01-18-2022)
Old 11-15-2010, 02:44 PM   #3983 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

EVVette - '71 Chevy Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Not yet. I live in my mother-in-laws basement. hahaha. The first board purchase is always the most expensive, because they add the cost of who knows what to it. From China, for 5 boards, it will cost $100.45 including shipping. Anyone want to pay $20 each for one? I'm broke. The good news is, for 75 boards, it's $1.52 each, so in the long run it could be cheap, for the board at least.
Paul,

What service are you using for the boards? If you can figure out how to make designspark export the gerber files properly, BatchPCB would only cost about $20 per board in any qty, Plus the $10 fee. Thats it. So you could just get the 3 that you need for the AC controller for $70... A little bit better.

-Adam

You can download RTD Explorer for the Cougar controllers at www.EVVette.com
Old 11-15-2010, 03:44 PM   #3984 (permalink)
EV Connoisseur

I'll buy one for the cause for that $20, put me down for one
Old 11-15-2010, 04:24 PM   #3985 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Well it seems to me that if the Darlingtons couldn't handle the frequency they simply would not have operated correctly and would have been either full on or just off but the board seemed to turn the wheels fine on jack stands so it seems that they did "handle" that frequency I would think that if it were the frequency to the transistor all would have blown up not just one it seems indicative of over current I would write in the wiki how to test the comparator and NAND if I knew how and other components. It would be nice if Paul sold the just control board assembled and working. As the mosfet was switched by the control board it sent a positive +12 volts was sent to the bases of the Darlingtions turning them on and off. I still think it would work do you recommend anymore tests?
Old 11-15-2010, 04:50 PM   #3986 (permalink)
ReVolt Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj12b View Post
If you can figure out how to make designspark export the gerber files properly, BatchPCB would only cost about $20 per board in any qty, Plus the $10 fee. Thats it
Hey Paul,

Send me the DesignSpark Driver PCB, I'll extract the gerbers for you and post them on the Wiki for anyone that wants them.

-Mark
Old 11-15-2010, 05:50 PM   #3987 (permalink)
Custom EV Builder...

Quote:
No donations! I'm a dang charity case. hahahaha. Rama-lama-ding-dong, you should save your money. If you want a board though, I'll put you down for $20. The good news is, I just copied the powerex design, so there's no way it's wrong. Usually it takes me about 2 tries to get a board right.
No problem. Just tell me when and where.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:29 PM   #3988 (permalink)
PaulH

The advantage of going with the chinese company is that it's $20 for the first 5, and then any order after that is going to be like $7 each in tiny quantities, because the setup fee won't have to be payed again, and it's $1.50 each in quantities of 75, which is only like $120 or something for a lifetimes supply. haha. The disadvantage is that they will soon own us and make us their slaves.
deodeo (04-02-2012)
Old 11-15-2010, 07:49 PM   #3989 (permalink)
AC-DC enthusiast

Dual-PWR PHEV - '04 Toyota Prius

Kopper - '79 Bradley Bradley GT-II
Quote:
The advantage of going with the chinese company is that it's $20 for the first 5, and then any order after that is going to be like $7 each in tiny quantities, because the setup fee won't have to be payed again, and it's $1.50 each in quantities of 75, which is only like $120 or something for a lifetimes supply. haha. The disadvantage is that they will soon own us and make us their slaves.
well, if we put an order for 35 initial pieces, our cost will be $315.00 including the set-up fees plus shipping, for a single pcb price of about $9.00. I can buy a bunch of boards and act as a supplier for them.
. . . . . . . .CALCars # 27. . . . . . . . . . ..on the works now !!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . ........
The Following User Says Thank You to mrbigh For This Useful Post:
Grimm (11-21-2010)
Old 11-15-2010, 08:24 PM   #3990 (permalink)
PaulH

it's acutally $139 for the first 35 (including the cost of the tooling fee and shipping). haha. I guess that would be better than getting 5. lol.

Hey i just posted that to the wrong thread on accident. no wonder there were no replies. hahaha