Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2009, 09:46 PM   #261 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Went to photobucket, and signed up. As soon as I can get some decent pics of it I will post them. Amazing that people(me included, twice!) pay good money for this junk. The red led comes on with12v but it wont program. Watt

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-14-2009, 09:55 PM   #262 (permalink)
The $500 Electric Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by watt-a-mezz View Post
Went to photobucket, and signed up. As soon as I can get some decent pics of it I will post them. Amazing that people(me included, twice!) pay good money for this junk. The red led comes on with12v but it wont program. Watt
I almost got a Kelly from Cloud Electric, but the Curtis was cheaper. Heck, I feel like a dummy for my purchase at $300 because a 72v Alltrax sold for $210 a little while ago- it's all a matter of perspective.
Good news! I found solder!! Now I just have to find the soldering iron and the soldering gun. I wonder why they weren't with the solder?
Old 11-14-2009, 10:25 PM   #263 (permalink)
The $500 Electric Car

Ok, found the soldering iron! I'm practicing away!!
Old 11-15-2009, 12:35 PM   #264 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpoppv View Post
Ok, found the soldering iron! I'm practicing away!!
Hey, how did it go? I figured out why my soldering wasnt the neatest. No flux. Need to go get some and try again. If you get bored, I posted some pics of my ev on photobucket. Watt-a-mezz album, nissand21. My son nabbed my AAA batteries out of my camera, so I am on my way to the store for some. Will put some pics of the skinnt Kelly later today. Watt
Old 11-15-2009, 12:48 PM   #265 (permalink)
The $500 Electric Car

Quote:
Hey, how did it go? I figured out why my soldering wasnt the neatest. No flux. Need to go get some and try again. If you get bored, I posted some pics of my ev on photobucket. Watt-a-mezz album, nissand21. My son nabbed my AAA batteries out of my camera, so I am on my way to the store for some. Will put some pics of the skinnt Kelly later today. Watt
It went great! I have all these capacitor things I pulled off sitting on my computer desk! I just had to wait a long time for the iron to heat up, then put some solder on the tip to make it shiny and it worked fine. I'm using solder intended for plumbers, so maybe it's an easier solder to work with? I didn't use flux. Hey, what's that thing that looks like a controller right next to your Kelly? Is that a DC/DC converter? Looks like you have a backup Curtis in case the Kelly failed
Old 11-15-2009, 02:08 PM   #266 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

The black thing is a 96v to 12v DC/DC converter. I wonder how a duel power system would work ? Two of everything with separate battery packs in one vehicle. Jeez, that would be something! Watt.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:30 PM   #267 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Kelly pics.

Got the batteries for the camera, and they are on photobucket. Also took more of the truck today. Enjoy. Watt
Old 11-15-2009, 06:20 PM   #268 (permalink)
The $500 Electric Car

Quote:
Got the batteries for the camera, and they are on photobucket. Also took more of the truck today. Enjoy. Watt
Hey, thanks for the pics!! Paul's controller certainly looks like a Sherman Tank next to that! I hope you keep posting more pics....

On another note, I may just have scored BIGTIME! I was shopping at my local auto parts store to get a dome light for the Geo. Wal-Mart and the farm supply store don't carry them So I almost walked out when I saw it was $2.99 for 'em!! But I thought, no one else has 'em, and I'm already here, so.....As I was paying for them, I glanced down at the floor and what did I see?? -drumroll please- two shiny new...er uhmmm, crudy old, EXIDE ORBITALS that had been returned as cores!!!! I asked if I could exchange them for two of my cores and the response was a shoulder shrug and "I don't care". So I took them home. I will give them a bath, put baby powder on them, and tuck them in at night.....
Old 11-15-2009, 06:50 PM   #269 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpoppv View Post
Hey, thanks for the pics!! Paul's controller certainly looks like a Sherman Tank next to that! I hope you keep posting more pics....

On another note, I may just have scored BIGTIME! I was shopping at my local auto parts store to get a dome light for the Geo. Wal-Mart and the farm supply store don't carry them So I almost walked out when I saw it was $2.99 for 'em!! But I thought, no one else has 'em, and I'm already here, so.....As I was paying for them, I glanced down at the floor and what did I see?? -drumroll please- two shiny new...er uhmmm, crudy old, EXIDE ORBITALS that had been returned as cores!!!! I asked if I could exchange them for two of my cores and the response was a shoulder shrug and "I don't care". So I took them home. I will give them a bath, put baby powder on them, and tuck them in at night.....
Good Deal! Thats kinda how I got those two big floor scrubber batteries. They had been turned in to a recycling place. Hope they work for you! Watt
Old 11-16-2009, 06:16 PM   #270 (permalink)
The $500 Electric Car

Coldest day so far this season~40 degrees. It may be the cold that has brought my pack voltage down a 10th to 74.3v, with the lowest battery at 12.08v at the end of the day. Still pretty good though. I am anxious to throw the Exide Orbitals in, since they blow away every battery in my pack at 13.01v each as they sat from the auto parts store; of course, that doesn't mean they aren't totally dead, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. My California grown butt is waiting until it warms back up later this week to do the exchange of the Orbitals...

Reply  Post New Thread