Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2009, 01:40 AM   #161 (permalink)
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
Paul..... If you are going to drive your girls to school tomorrow, you really should get some rest! And God (christ), you should rest too. It is day 7 after all, or 1 or something.

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-19-2009, 01:43 AM   #162 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
Paul..... If you are going to drive your girls to school tomorrow, you really should get some rest! And God (christ), you should rest too. It is day 7 after all, or 1 or something.
Day 7 is over, here. That means I'm in for a looooong night.

In reality, I stay up till about 0230, then go to bed and rest until about 0900 or so. I hardly ever actually sleep, which, as it turns out, is very helpful when raising an infant.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:49 AM   #163 (permalink)
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
do you have your infant already?! I forgot about that!

My son is going to be up until about 1:30am or so. He also likes to sleep in until like 11:30am. Today he had a nap from 5:30pm to 8:30 pm! Not good! haha. I have a part time job, and get back around 10:30am, so he thinks I don't even have a job.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:59 PM   #164 (permalink)
The $500 Electric Car

So I went to school today in my EV! Also, after I replaced the jumper cable wire section with 2 awg welding cable, I had the courage to go 25 MPH! And lastly, I think I will keep the batteries on the chargers all night- so we'll see what happens!! Always something new and exciting with an EV!!!! I have now hit 6 miles on the odo!! My '86 Corolla is WAITING for a forklift motor!!!! Hey wait a minute.....I think I blew my chances with GM by actually making a car move without an engine!!!
After I gave my mother-in-law a ride, she was saying how when I first mentioned I was building an EV, she was like "yeah, uh-huh, sure...." and I was like "yeah, I know, pretty silly to think that I might be able to do it!!" I really never thought I could do it......
Old 10-19-2009, 10:03 PM   #165 (permalink)

That's how my friends/family feel about almost every project I propose, even after they've seen me finish a few of them and realize that I just might have an idea that I know what I'm doing.

Most times, now, I only jokingly introduce my ideas... if those to whom I'm speaking don't respond, or respond in a less than positive fashion, I save my breath for someone more intuitive.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:09 PM   #166 (permalink)
The $500 Electric Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
That's how my friends/family feel about almost every project I propose, even after they've seen me finish a few of them and realize that I just might have an idea that I know what I'm doing.

Most times, now, I only jokingly introduce my ideas... if those to whom I'm speaking don't respond, or respond in a less than positive fashion, I save my breath for someone more intuitive.
In general, I tend to be pretty confident in myself; but, for some reason, I just didn't have much faith I could ever build an EV....

Can you imagine how a guy like Edison must have felt? All his buddies get together at a bar giving him a hard time "Hey Tommy-Boy, how's that light bulb thing workin' for ya! LOL!"....
Old 10-19-2009, 10:15 PM   #167 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpoppv View Post
In general, I tend to be pretty confident in myself; but, for some reason, I just didn't have much faith I could ever build an EV....

Can you imagine how a guy like Edison must have felt? All his buddies get together at a bar giving him a hard time "Hey Tommy-Boy, how's that light bulb thing workin' for ya! LOL!"....
Just remember, revenge is best served Quietly. Just roll up in your nice, quiet EV, them let'em have it!
Old 10-19-2009, 10:17 PM   #168 (permalink)

Stewie: (talking to Brian) We'll be the biggest thing since Edison harnessed electricity.

(Flashback)

Angry Neighbor: Look at Edison over there with his damn electricity!...Hey Edison, how about sharing some of those light bulbs!

Edison: Hey, figure it out for yourself man!

Neighbor: We're freezing our asses off over here!

Edison: Hey man, how do you think i feel. You get to look at my great house and i gotta look at that dark thing...What is that a candle over there?

Neighbor: Yeah it's a candle. We're freezing over here! My family hasn't taken a bath in a month. We stink! It stinks over here you jerk!

Edison: I can't here you over my central heating.

Neighbor: Hey why don't you go to hell Edison!

Edison: Hey, bite me man! Hey have you guys seen the office?... oh no i guess you haven't cause you don't have a T.V.

Neighbor: Hey how about i come over there and kick your ass!

Edison: Oooh yeah, come on over! (slams door shut)

(blasts stereo - playing Jimmy Hendrix - Foxy Lady)”

Old 10-19-2009, 10:20 PM   #169 (permalink)

When my friends and family make stupid comments about my project ideas, I just politely proclaim "What's that? I'm afraid I can't hear you over the sound of the IQ gap in this room increasing."

To which they always reply: "What?!"

So... Chemist and Astronomer walk into a bar...

Old 10-20-2009, 11:03 PM   #170 (permalink)
The $500 Electric Car

Another day of happy commuting. I definitely have two dead batteries. Not surprisingly, they were the only two that didn't take a full charge overnight. I've had one sitting on the float charger for a couple days that I took out earlier because it was the worst one in the pack(at the time). The float charger finally had the little "charged" light come on this morning so I unplugged it. When I got back home, I turned the float charger back on it for kicks, and it no longer registered as "charged". At times like this, I wish I had a digital voltmeter (Harbor Freight says they're comin') I might just be better off running 48v for a while, but then again I am hoping that I can kick some life back into my worst batteries. Hey, they BETTER work for $7!!!!! I told my mom about my batteries over dinner and I explained to her that, of the eight I bought, one was dead right off the bat, and that I had 3 more that were very borderline and she said "can't you give them back?"

Reply  Post New Thread