Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2020, 03:55 PM   #21 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Geo XL1 - '94 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Boat tails and more mods
90 day: 72.22 mpg (US)

Big, Bad & Flat - '01 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 21.13 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,353 Times in 711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Cheap View Post
I love way too many types of cars! Dune Buggies, sportscars, Hot Rods, classics, race only cars, Roundy-Round racers, NASCAR, Bonneville, Pickups, and Motorcycles. I like the rendering of the buggy but rear vision could be a problem. A friend who happened to be an engineer built a DIGGER (dragster) for the street as a 2-seeter. A 454 blown big block, full body with lift-up canopy, cycle front wires, AND...this is NOT a lie...a trailer hitch. Imagine a row of Street Rods crossing the Red River into Oklahoma, with this thing bringing up the rear...pulling a small U-HAUL. Mike Minette was the guy with a beautiful model riding shotgun. He got pulled over as soon as we entered Oklahoma. We all pulled over to wait for him. When he caught up we had to ask what happened. Mike said the cop stood back looking at the "car" and finally said, "I am not sure what is wrong with a dragster pulling a U-Haul on a highway, but you have got to be doing something illegal!" Mike was totally legal...at least on paper. Any doubters go on-line for CAR CRAFT magazine August 1974 Cover shot and on page 90. I have the mag in front of me but no way to post it. We Car Guys are crazy.

>

Woke means you're a loser....everything woke turns to ****.

Donald J Trump 8/21/21

Disclaimer...

I’m not a climatologist, aerodynamicist, virologist, physicist, astrodynamicist or marine biologist..

But...

I play one on the internet.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-27-2020, 05:15 PM   #22 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,586 Times in 7,070 Posts
I had a 1959 Rambler 2-door wagon. I liked the flathead six; no exhaust manifold and no intake manifold. Here's one in a T-bucket.

https://external-content.duckduckgo....6pid%3DApi&f=1

Old 10-27-2020, 11:30 PM   #23 (permalink)
EcoModding Pro

Mike Minette dragster

Redneck, THANKS for the picture of Mike's street digger. Imagine seeing this thing doing 75 mph on the highway...pulling a small U-Haul. The complete top portion hinged up to get in and out, anchored at the front. Mike always had an extra-fine young model type hangin' on his arm, so the cop got an eye-full when Mike popped-the-top. If memory serves, he was an aeronautical engineer who the wives said was a good looking Dude. All that, AND he built the dragster from scratch...design to driving. Once he came by my house on a motorcycle, after taking a tour of the US on 2 wheels...going all the way around by himself. A different Dude for sure, but talent out the Wazoo...whatever that is. A good friend named Chovanetz built Ferrari's from scratch, just using pictures. I had a rich guy build me a shop in my backyard so I could build just for him. A 4-bay heated and AC fully equipped, which gave the the Big Head...until I remembered Mike and Chovanetz. I was just good...not great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	518_100_0474.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	29465  
Old 10-28-2020, 12:15 AM   #24 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck View Post
That looks amazing. Well, I can only guesstimate, but the weight bias doesn't seem to be so much of a problem, yet the long wheelbase might be a PITA for tight cornering. Ground clearance would eventually be also an issue where I live too, but this looks so awesome I would be tempted to build something similar if I had the money to blow and if I could get it titled as street-legal...
Old 11-06-2020, 09:34 AM   #25 (permalink)
EcoModding Pro

Street Dragster

Rooster, are the streets bad in Brazil? I have seen a lot of the world but not way south of us. Mike's dragster did present problems in some situations, but was actually a fairly nice ride...with a beautiful model riding shotgun. ANY old car looked good with the women Mike brought to the cruises. Guys were always asking, "Is Minette coming?" They really did not care if "HE" showed up, unless he brought one of his Lady friends...though he was a nice guy and very car savvy. Engineer, nice cars, frame-up builder, exceptional Lady models...what's not to like!
Old 11-06-2020, 11:35 PM   #26 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Cheap View Post
Rooster, are the streets bad in Brazil?
There is a lot of bad streets and roads in Brazil. Plus there is poor maintenance, and sometimes when a new layer of asphalt is applied to a street or road it may not have the older layer removed in order to keep sewers and sidewalks at the correct level. Sewers below the level of the asphalt can be quite troublesome.

Reply  Post New Thread