Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2010, 05:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cd
Ultimate Fail

Thanked 1,121 Times in 679 Posts
( I'd like to leave it plugged in, but it would run down my battery. I only drive the car once every week or two. )
I had read that the current draw on the SuperMID is next to nothing. Can I leave the SuperMID plugged in for a week or two of not driving the car ?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-13-2010, 01:06 AM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModdin' Lurker

Bluey II - '89 Nissan Bluebird 2.0iZX
The SuperMID has a capacitor, so, you can switch it off and on and it won't forget information. The exception being if you unplug the RJ45 cable (the network cable it uses between the two boxes), and the power flickers on and off during the unplug.

I just have a little switch on the dashboard, which I use to switch power to the SuperMID on and off (the only rule is, once you switch it off, dont switch it on for 20 seconds so you dont mess up the Flash memory).

The other thing with the SuperMID is, the version I have is strange, as only the bottom two rows of information change based on the distance / fuel injector parameters, so, you end up with two different calibrated areas. Mine is also km/l. Is your one set to MPG? and when you change the fuel figures, do *all* the readings change in terms of their calibration?

I would take the advice of the posters above, in that you should fill the tank up to the brim, reset SuperMID to zero, then use 80% of the tank, then refill to the brim again, and then post here what the SuperMID said in terms of your distance and fuel used, and what distance you actually drove, and how much fuel you actually used, then we can post new settings for you to put into SuperMID!

Make sure you dont change settings during this tank, and, even before you get it calibrated, just try to improve on the reading, whatever that reading is, on each journey, and you will know you are improving your economy anyway!

Old 05-15-2010, 03:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
halos.com

ECONORAM - '07 Dodge RAM 1500 QC SLT flex-fuel
90 day: 18.16 mpg (US)

the Avenger - '08 Dodge Avenger SXT
90 day: 27.06 mpg (US)
Send a message via Yahoo to ECONORAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
I would think it should be like calibrating the mpguino
Mpguino calibration - EcoModder

basically you fill it up, do a tank reset on the supermid and on the instrument panel (or note the mileage) drive a couple hundred miles, replicate the fillup conditions and see how many miles the odo says and how many gallons the pump says and how many miles and gallons the supermid says.

then adjust the fuel parameter up or down by the percentage that it was off

ditto for the miles (distance parameter).

review the mpguino calibration link to see if this makes sense, but you will have to convert the supermid numbers to english of course.
Cd, I am not familiar with the Supermid, but I was thinking along the same lines as dcb. When I was trying to calibrate my MPGuino, I ended up setting microsec/gal to a real simple number (10000000). This gave me an easy number for calibration.

Reply  Post New Thread