Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Motorcycles / Scooters
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2015, 05:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalextraction View Post
Also...your efi should pull back on PW with enrichment from your solvent source or any other fuel sources. Thus you should see less gasoline consumption. I have a short video of my device converting motor oil to an easily to light blue flame....a lot of the energy is lost to adhesion as you can emagine.
I'm very interested in this.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-01-2015, 07:58 PM   #22 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Don't feel bad, probably a lot of nay-sayers with the Wright Bros. too. :-)

Very impressive work. I bet you could find a job at a MC company if you wanted...

Old 01-01-2015, 09:07 PM   #23 (permalink)
naturalextraction

Thanks...I was thinking of moving this thread to Ecomodding Central see if we can pick up any more tech oriented people and have the automotive types chime in. I'm installing this type of system on my 1974 Dodge Scooby Van. Since I sold the 72 Duster, most all of this experimentation has been on the bikes. I'm also revamping the SV650 to this type of system. I'd like to see it in the 75 to 80mpg area and still have liter bike performance. I have a TLS1000 that will just have a modified turbo and some basic EFI changes just to get it into the 45mpg area is sucking at 38mpg right now Those are the projects for 2015 anyway.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:14 PM   #24 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I'm trying to understand exactly what you are doing here. So you're heating whatever fuel you are working with at the time to improve atomization AND to chemically break the fuel down into its more base components? Is this anything like catalytic cracking?
Old 01-01-2015, 11:30 PM   #25 (permalink)
naturalextraction

So the proprietary part of this, or one device to the system, is how I disassociate the fuel basically without much heat since I don't want to use any kind of electrical glow plug like device. Heating the fuel itself is basically not that efficient and it's critical as to what temperature. It will break it down and will loose it's energy content as the molecular structure is lost to heat. It is a very fine line/temperature sensitive in which most will loose out to heat as apposed to letting the heat work for them. This is not cracking by any means. Its simply to remove the surface tension in which the fuel must go through a phase change as water to steam and further disassociated. This is what has been struggled with for many years. I have to watch/record every single little change I make in the system in order to know which direction I'm going in order to maintain a consistency in results, recognizing and quantifying all variables. It's a huge pain in the ass actually. But it's easy to go backwards not forwards.

This is difficult to explain in a mere few sentences or paragraphs and there is so much more to it than that. I've been writing and have over 200 pages now with pictures and such related to all this. It's just part of me keeping track. I've made plenty of wrong assumptions along the way. At some point I may publish once I've got it all working like I do consistently and without much of any glitch. I think selling it is pretty much a mute point as technology is going forward and onward. I'm more interested in finishing my Alternating Combustion, Variable Compression, Turbine Electric Hybride system. (ACVC System). That has more commercial viability although this could be and should be utilized to obtain a realistic higher mileage where most drivers don't eccomod their vehicles.
The Following User Says Thank You to naturalextraction For This Useful Post:
pgfpro (01-02-2015)
Old 01-02-2015, 05:53 AM   #26 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Honda CBR250R FI Single - '11 Honda CBR250R
90 day: 105.14 mpg (US)

2001 Honda Insight stick - '01 Honda Insight manual
90 day: 60.68 mpg (US)

2009 Honda Fit auto - '09 Honda Fit Auto
90 day: 38.51 mpg (US)

PCX153 - '13 Honda PCX150
90 day: 104.48 mpg (US)

2015 Yamaha R3 - '15 Yamaha R3
90 day: 80.94 mpg (US)

Ninja650 - '19 Kawasaki Ninja 650
90 day: 72.57 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,315 Times in 968 Posts
Computer controlled direct injection and turbos are where it's at.
Do modern direct injectors do much the same thing with their extreme atomization and instantaneous multi injection control where we will soon have turbo engines running 30:1 total compression ratio with a stratified charge on pump gas without the need for spark ignition while cruising. If we would relax the NOX emissions standards we could do this now and would be well on our way to 50% efficiency with still acceptable HC output. Computer control of the throttle plate and turbo boost allows a major reduction in pumping losses at lower loads.
The only drawback is the incredible increase in price and complexity for all of this which makes it impossible to market in a 200 mpgUS streamlined two seater.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:48 AM   #27 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Animated Engines - Gnome Rotary

Get rid of the reciprocation altogether like this ancient design and you have the balanced operation of a turbine, with the closed cylindrical combustion chamber of the piston engine. Possisbly past 60% thermal efficiency.

lots of room for addditional development and already patented.

US#7677208.

Transonic Combustion | Revolutionizing Combustion Technology

Add this injection system. Diesel, gas, alcohol and many other combustibles in infinite combinations.

regards
mech
Old 01-02-2015, 12:16 PM   #28 (permalink)
naturalextraction

Couldn't agree with you more Sendler and totally agree with removing reciprocation/parasitic losses...I've always like the idea behind a stratified charge and was the major breakthrough for my multi-fuel system to make it work. It basically maintains the aspects of a stratified charge in some respects but not directly injected but the atomization and flame front speed is changed due to the charge characteristics developed. I talk about how turbos should or could be used more for fuel efficiency at my blog at TurboSystems, Increase Adiabatic and Volumeteric Efficiencies also more at Turbo Rebuilding Services

I should be able to finish my Alternating Combustion Variable Compression Turbine Electric Hybrid engine that is going now into a Sv1000 frame. I like the idea of removing as much parasitic loss as possible. This engine is only set up like a turbine. The video above is utilizing air to spin it up and simulate, there a few patents already of this type of design. I submitted my design recently and so far I made it past the first patent review. I hope to get a patent pending verification within a couple weeks, but we'll see. Mine should be different enough. I have a firing working model which has helped immensely to change some efficiency aspects to the design on the second one now in progress. You can read a bit more at www.energyextraction.blogspot.com

I like that many non government regulated people are able to build devices and systems that develops in their mind but it's a major ordeal and expense to ever get these ideas out into a market place for all to share and reap the benefits of these more efficient and productive designs. Yea, these days, all engines should be of a stratified charge design and turbo charged the gains are far more than the crappy performance and gains achieved by so called great designs available on the market now. Yet Stratified charge design was being utilized since 1973 by NASA and by 1984 by John Deer and later in the 90s by other tractor companies, to some degree. Now we have better materials and management, yet has still to make it into a complete production designed for the automobile for market. (there are some variations claiming DI) The majority of patents are or have never been in any market share or even built much less successfully utilized by a given market. Rather a bummer. But that's a whole other reality.

Last edited by naturalextraction; 01-02-2015 at 12:45 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to naturalextraction For This Useful Post:
pgfpro (01-02-2015)
Old 01-02-2015, 01:24 PM   #29 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
naturalextraction,

I was looking through your blog info and was wondering if you guys can install turbo shaft speed sensors?

On my Talon's turbo compound system I have had concerns on what rpm at (WOT full boost) my high pressure turbo's compressor/turbine wheel speed is right before the large gate bypasses exhaust around it? I can calculate the wheel speed but it would be nice to have a sensor for other data also? You never have enough data.lol

Old 01-02-2015, 01:39 PM   #30 (permalink)
naturalextraction

ah...so true. I've played around with that idea for a pitot or optic... It would have to be on the compressor side and measuring velocity would be the most effective means to not disturb wheel or shaft and or deal with the temperature. It's worth probably going back to the idea. The Dz140 optic sensor is a device used as a hand held. I wanted to instal an optical off compressor side. It's still viable idea and easy electronics. Sure, why not!

Reply  Post New Thread